NaomaD's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Is there going to be a level higher than 5?

I have been at Level 5 for quite some time now.  Is there going to be a Level higher than 5 anytime soon?  What is the best way to search who is the highest level local guide in an area to connect with?  

Virginia Beach, VA, United States
19 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 8
Solution

Re: Is there going to be a level higher than 5?

Local Guide Solutions

A few months ago, I wrote an article in Medium about how to fix the inherent problem with the Google Local Guides program.

Https://medium.com/@mr.justinarn/fixing-google-local-guides-program-36f52dfe59d3#.k9q7j4hxj

That problem is exactly evident in your question. Namely, after Level 5 (although I would argue Level 4 as well) there's really no incentive except maybe in being happy with garnering the prestige provided by such.  

But Google can do so much more.... here's how: 

. Create a Local Guide Level 6.

1000 point minimum. Advise all LG6s that, moving forward their contributions will not be needed in the same ways, but in new and much more exciting ones. Once an LG hits Level 6, the quality of their content will be rated. Oh yes, no more crap photos and half hearted reviews, pal. Being an LG6 means you will need to know what the hell you are doing out there. And if you don’t produce, no problem, welcome back to Level Five! Now go earn another 500 points you may have another shot at LG6 status again! 
The ratings that are applied to the LG6s content will be tied directly to its monetary value. Because all GOOD content has a monetary value

2 . Monetize quality content separated into 3 categories:
* Reviews: quality determined by readability, credibility, and style. 
* Photos: quality photographs have monetary value to the shop-owners willing to pay for them, and viewer interest, as defined by Google of course.
* Information: corrections, new business listings, etc: quality determined by level of factual accuracy, and credibility of purveyor (the LG)

Someone should pay me for this....Someone should pay me for this....

Inform LG6s that in order to maintain LG 6 status they must submit a minimum 8 High Quality, though not necessarily monetarily valuable, pieces of content each month.

4 . As money rolls in from content sold by Google to individuals, business owners, and aggregators, etc. give the LG6 a share of the profit Google receives from said content he/she has submitted. 

In addition: Google should leverage its business relationships, especially with other tech companies to provide its LG6s other non-monetary but otherwise invaluable incentives.

For example, Let us say that a particularly industrious LG6 has taken dozens and dozens 360 degree photos that amount to $100 (unlikely) in value to Google. Google then deposits 33 dollars into said LG6s account (33% seems fair). In addition by leveraging its partnerships with Squaresoft and Wix, said LG6 is given access to premium features and services from one of those providers for a limited time. Lastly, as a final bonus, Google credits the LG6s Adsense account $20.

You know, so they can promote their new Wix site. This not only incentivizes the holy hell out of the LG program, it also endears Content-Makers to Google, which is a HUGE win for the company in the short and long term 

This solution accomplishes so many things, I don’t even want to go into it. But as a final point, it is my opinion that all LG6s will no doubt be given the opportunity to: 

1. Crush their enemies
2. See those enemies driven before before them.
3. Hear the lamentations of their women. 
Because that is all that is best in life.

https://youtu.be/Oo9buo9Mtos

Justin Arn. 

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

@NaomaD

I am Level 10... I am kidding 🙂

It is very likely that Google will add new levels...

To find out who is the highest level in your area, you can crate poll in your Local Guides community or ask owner of some community from your area to create poll...

Also if you curious that much you can make research on Google Maps by checking some places from your area where Local Guides are made reviews...than you can click on some Local Guide to check their points etc.

Level 10

I support the proposal to increase the number of levels.

It is necessary to increase the requirements for Level 5.

🙂

Andriy Degula
Level 8

Thanks!  That seems like a lot of work to find out who is the highest in an area.  They should have a list or ranking!  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Level 8
Solution

Local Guide Solutions

A few months ago, I wrote an article in Medium about how to fix the inherent problem with the Google Local Guides program.

Https://medium.com/@mr.justinarn/fixing-google-local-guides-program-36f52dfe59d3#.k9q7j4hxj

That problem is exactly evident in your question. Namely, after Level 5 (although I would argue Level 4 as well) there's really no incentive except maybe in being happy with garnering the prestige provided by such.  

1000 point minimum. Advise all LG6s that, moving forward their contributions will not be needed in the same ways, but in new and much more exciting ones. Once an LG hits Level 6, the quality of their content will be rated. Oh yes, no more crap photos and half hearted reviews, pal. Being an LG6 means you will need to know what the hell you are doing out there. And if you don’t produce, no problem, welcome back to Level Five! Now go earn another 500 points you may have another shot at LG6 status again! 
The ratings that are applied to the LG6s content will be tied directly to its monetary value. Because all GOOD content has a monetary value

* Photos: quality photographs have monetary value to the shop-owners willing to pay for them, and viewer interest, as defined by Google of course.
* Information: corrections, new business listings, etc: quality determined by level of factual accuracy, and credibility of purveyor (the LG)

Inform LG6s that in order to maintain LG 6 status they must submit a minimum 8 High Quality, though not necessarily monetarily valuable, pieces of content each month.

4 . As money rolls in from content sold by Google to individuals, business owners, and aggregators, etc. give the LG6 a share of the profit Google receives from said content he/she has submitted. 

In addition: Google should leverage its business relationships, especially with other tech companies to provide its LG6s other non-monetary but otherwise invaluable incentives.

For example, Let us say that a particularly industrious LG6 has taken dozens and dozens 360 degree photos that amount to $100 (unlikely) in value to Google. Google then deposits 33 dollars into said LG6s account (33% seems fair). In addition by leveraging its partnerships with Squaresoft and Wix, said LG6 is given access to premium features and services from one of those providers for a limited time. Lastly, as a final bonus, Google credits the LG6s Adsense account $20.

You know, so they can promote their new Wix site. This not only incentivizes the holy hell out of the LG program, it also endears Content-Makers to Google, which is a HUGE win for the company in the short and long term 

This solution accomplishes so many things, I don’t even want to go into it. But as a final point, it is my opinion that all LG6s will no doubt be given the opportunity to: 

1. Crush their enemies

Justin Arn. 

Level 10

@Justin-A

Good idea

But automatic moderation reviews brings this idea to naught.

Unfortunately I have bad experience.

Large and meaningful reviews automatic moderation often rejected than short reviews.

So lately I write short reviews.

Andriy Degula
Level 8

It is very likely that Google will add new levels. we just have to wait 🙂

Level 8

Can you work for Google Local Guides and make that happen then? 🙂  I like the idea of monetizing those that are good and consistent contributors!  

Level 10
Level 10

Its a nice Idear!

Maby google do it! 🙂

@JustinA wrote:

Local Guide Solutions

1. Crush their enemies

Justin Arn.