Dhanasekaran_Muthu's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Is there an Old Age Restriction for LG of more than 60 years?

There must be good number of old age people like me (aged 67 years) after retirement would like to choose a non-profit field to maintain their normal pressure.   

Some of them, if they do not opt for Business or re-employment, or any other remunerative activities. 

They involve themselves sparing most of their leisure time in sites like Google Maps, Wikimapia, Wikipedia, etc., if they keep abreast along with the present generation in the Computer /IT / Multimedia World. 

Soon after my retirement, since I was fit enough to go on long tours and  mostly living with pension, I did alone for photography for the past 7 years...and will continue to go with no expectation of perks or other monetary benefits. 

After my every Physical Travel I continue the Virtual Travels in Google Maps, Google Earth, Wikimapia,... till I plan for the next itinerary.

I would rather be satisfied with the honour of intimation of statistics of my new records & views of my contribution that helped world people. ... a soul satisfaction.   

Well, I would like to know whether there is a policy to avoid (reasonably) old age people of over 60+ years in the local guides connect for they are supposed in general, to be more vulnerable to infection or disease or physical inability. If this policy is published explicitly such old people may at least  hold from building castles in the air and enjoy living in the castles of their own. The Query may be taken in good spirit : and the policy may help old people like me.  

Dhanasekaran
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
5 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Is there an Old Age Restriction for LG of more than 60 years?

@Dhanasekaran_Muthu, great question you are asking. Like what @BishowvijayaP has responded there is no upper age limit to becoming and joining the Local Guides Program.

The Program does have a minimum age to join: at least 18 years of age

Who is qualified to be a Local Guide?

In order to participate in the Program as a Local Guide, you must:

• have a valid Google account;
  • be at least 18 years of age; and
  • have signed up to participate in the Program here

So, if you are physically up to it and enjoy being out in your local community, please write your Local Guides reviews, take high-quality photos for Google Maps, and edit and answer questions on your Google Maps app.

Good Luck!

Cheers,

Karen

View solution in original post

Level 10

There is no any upper limit age restriction sir @Dhanasekaran_Muthu. Keep calm and contribute. Enjoy the existing life helping through google map. 🙂

Level 9

There is no upper age limit for local guides, infact there was a 80+ year old gentleman who attended summit last year in San Francisco.

So,  best of luck to you too,  keep mapping!

Level 10

Policy is different from the Rule.

@BishowvijayaP wrote:

There is no any upper limit age restriction sir @Dhanasekaran_Muthu. Keep calm and contribute. Enjoy the existing life helping through google map. 🙂

Policy is different from Rule.
On acceptance of a policy decision by the Administrative Group it becomes a Rule.

Yet, a rule is relaxed in special cases as policy. 
So, I believe that it is only Connect Administrators who can clarify whether there is a policy to restrict the old people; as we see though the Rule says that the age limit is more than 18 years (as against the Liquor Policy) the policy is that 21 is the legal age for taking liquors in USA!

So, the young person of 18-20 years, as the policy will not be selected even if he/she is a teetotaler! 

Will an  Administrator or Moderator answer my query please !!?

Dhanasekaran
Connect Moderator
Solution

@Dhanasekaran_Muthu, great question you are asking. Like what @BishowvijayaP has responded there is no upper age limit to becoming and joining the Local Guides Program.

The Program does have a minimum age to join: at least 18 years of age

Who is qualified to be a Local Guide?

In order to participate in the Program as a Local Guide, you must:

• have a valid Google account;
  • be at least 18 years of age; and
  • have signed up to participate in the Program here

So, if you are physically up to it and enjoy being out in your local community, please write your Local Guides reviews, take high-quality photos for Google Maps, and edit and answer questions on your Google Maps app.

Good Luck!

Cheers,

Karen

Level 10

Thank you KaewnVChin

Dhanasekaran