JeslynL's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Is there a Little Free Library in your city?

(This is inspired by @ArunMuralidhar's post where he featured a Little Free Library he discovered!)

Some background: Little free library is a concept of book-sharing or book-exchanging to encourage reading and community! More info at Little Free Library.

I never thought I'd find one in my city but after reading Arun's post, I searched "little free library singapore" and I FOUND IT! It's a little outpost that stands outside the house of the person who planted it there:

Screenshot taken from Street ViewScreenshot taken from Street View

Of course, I have never visited it so I can only share a screenshot from a 360. I will be sure to update this post when I have finally visited it! 

Is there a little free library in your city (it may not necessarily be named "Little Free Library")?  Share a Google Maps link to it or photos, if you can!

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

Singapore
15 comments
Level 10

Re: Is there a Little Free Library in your city?

I can remember @ErmesT showing a little tree library in Treviso!

Nice thread @JeslynL!

Here in Rome there are some "bookcrossing" (I'm a bookcrosser since, maybe 10 years...) areas, I don't know if counts upon your thread!

In the gym where my daughter practice there is a free bokshelf, it's nice to wait for your son while reading something 🙂 Will share a photo later!

Level 8

Thankyou @JeslynL for tagging me in. Little free library is a wonderful concept. 

I ll post a close-up of the one we hv in our town 

Connect Moderator

Yes @JeslynL

It is a beautiful surprise to find a free little library popping out, and as @LucioV

said, I've found one in a park, near the my workplace. 

I will post it later 

Ermes 

Connect Moderator

Here I am, @JeslynL.

Here is the free little library

IMG_20170104_155758.jpg

not too far from the dressed tree

IMG_20170104_154221.jpg

here in Street view, hope you like it

Ermes

@LucioV COOL! Surprise, surprise. Bookcrossing originated in from my city in 2007 (at least the article said so, haha)! But sadly the movement went away overtime and now bookcrossing zones are no longer around and it's almost impossible to find an unattended book anywhere. I think bookcrossing can take place in different ways — what is your version of bookcrossing?

@ErmesT I don't like it, I LOVE it! I love how the books are now part of the tree. It looks so well taken care of. 🙂 Are there many of such spots in your city?

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

Level 10

@JeslynL wrote:

@LucioV COOL! Surprise, surprise. Bookcrossing originated in from my city in 2007 (at least the article said so, haha)! But sadly the movement went away overtime and now bookcrossing zones are no longer around and it's almost impossible to find an unattended book anywhere. I think bookcrossing can take place in different ways — what is your version of bookcrossing?

@ErmesT I don't like it, I LOVE it! I love how the books are now part of the tree. It looks so well taken care of. 🙂 Are there many of such spots in your city?

Ehehe in effect is older! I opened my account in 2003 http://www.bookcrossing.com/mybookshelf/LuVi/, but the launch was in 2001. You country maybe the first to have a public Bookcrossing initiative 🙂

I'm so jealous of my books, so I always release in the wild doubles 😄 I like to leave in public transportation, and loved to free books in public telephone booth, but now are disappearing!

Level 9

Nice thread @JeslynL ! You are giving the inspiration about to pull out the libraries from our city to all..! Thanks for sharing with us.

Love to Hear ; Love to Share !
Kamal Hasnainee
Bangladesh
Level 10

Yay, finally! This is the one at the gym? @LucioV Are there many books about fitness then?