Anonymous's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it possible to reactivate my account?

I am/was a level 10 guide that had been part of the program for a couple of years. I loved going to new cities and adding new info, and I had over 50 million views on the pictures I'd taken.

However, a few weeks ago my account drewkimzey was suspended because I violated the content rules. After talking with some people on r/LocalGuides, I realized that I had been spamming my pictures because I was uploading the pictures of businesses that I'd taken to the neighborhood/city/state pages where the business existed. I thought I was just contributing to the variety of pictures for each of these locations, but I understand now how strict Google's anti-spam policy is.

I have tried communicating further with the Local Guides email multiple times, and I've left several comments on the Local Guides Facebook, but there has been no further communication. I am more than willing to have all of my duplicate photos removed. I've removed a few hundred, but I have thousands and thousands of duplicates to delete, and it has to be done individually. I loved being a Local Guide and it really felt like I was doing a good thing (I loved taking trips to remote areas to find content to contribute), and having my account suspended broke my heart.

Is there anything I can do?

NOTE: I have seen on other posts that I am not supposed to use a different account to post on Local Guides, but after speaking with Google employee Lachlan W., he suggested that I try anyway because he didn't know of another way to find my answers.

2 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Is it possible to reactivate my account?

Hi @Anonymous I'm glad that you recognise what you were doing was against the rules but creating another account and re-entering the program will not add weight to your case. Googlers investigate each and may or may not reach out the former Local Guide.

Please exit the program from this account and await the outcome of the investigation.

Regards Paul

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is it possible to reactivate my account?

Hi @PaulPavlinovich, thank you for responding to me. I understand that this was a violation of the rules, I am just trying to exhaust all options because I really miss being a Local Guide. I will deactivate this account now.