Is Google maps Accept Edited Video?

SamTahsan
6 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Is google maps Accept Edited video

Hi @Siam_Musa,

Thanks for the question. As per the Maps User Contributed Content Policy, stylistic adjustments (such as applied filters) are acceptable, provided that these stylistic changes are minimal and are not appended elements such as borders, text, collaged images, etc. If you want to make sure that you're not violating any of the rules/policies, please take some time to read the Format Specific Criteria for photos and videos.

See you around.

- Nadya

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

View solution in original post

Solution

Hi @Siam_Musa,

Thanks for the question. As per the Maps User Contributed Content Policy, stylistic adjustments (such as applied filters) are acceptable, provided that these stylistic changes are minimal and are not appended elements such as borders, text, collaged images, etc. If you want to make sure that you're not violating any of the rules/policies, please take some time to read the Format Specific Criteria for photos and videos.

See you around.

- Nadya

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 8

video aproval by google

Level 8

thanks for your reply but Google is not show my video, Why?

SamTahsan
Connect Moderator

@Siam_Musa Hi!! You may find your all answers just follow our Moderator @NadyaPN reply. Read attentively Photo and video acceptance criteria. 

Otherwise you can get answer about Maps Video Contribution in this thread - https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/News-Updates/Get-answers-about-video-on-Google-Maps/bc-p/46037...

Level 8

Re: video aproval by google

Hi @Siam_Musa Welcome to Local Guide Connect Community !

I went and saw the video and Its ok and there is no issues in uploading. I tried uploading in my contribution it's getting uploaded. Ha ha ha don't worry my friend your video is till your video I cancelled the upload in last moment.

I suggest you to upload the video one more time with good network connectivity 🙂

Happy Guiding,
Jagadeesh Reddy.

Hi @Siam_Musa,

I saw your video on the Google Maps forum. Honestly, I don't understand which is the Point of Interest that you are reviewing with this video. Because you're showing several buildings and a few businesses. I am citing again the Format Specific Criteria from above: 

To be relevant, photos or videos must be taken by users at the location in question. Stock imagery, or photos or videos taken by other parties, are not relevant and may be removed. If the primary subject of the content is irrelevant to the location, it may be removed.

I would suggest you to make a video (up to 30 seconds) showing only the specific POI that you are reviewing. Also, please take some time to read the How to post great videos on Google Maps article.

Thanks!

- Nadya