Mr_Hwang-Korean's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Is Tteokbokki spicy to you?

KakaoTalk_20181206_163428350.jpg

I think you already heard about Tteokbokki, Korean spicy rice cake with some other ingredients.

KakaoTalk_20181206_163429014.jpg Koreans love it, include me.

KakaoTalk_20181206_163431144.jpgSo I went to eat it.

KakaoTalk_20181206_163429868.jpg

It's located Uijeongbu city, Korea.

https://goo.gl/22JjWD 

KakaoTalk_20181206_163430614.jpgIt is small restaurant.

But have nice food also the owner is kind.

And they have some Tteokbokki which has meat together.

I hope you can have chance to try it.

Share Korean to the World~
대한민국 의정부시 의정부2동 부루스타즉석떡볶이
12 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Is Tteokbokki spicy to you?

Hi @Mr_Hwang-Korean,

Thanks for sharing!

Personally I have never tried Tteokbokki, but I'm always ready for new things. I absolutely love Asian cuisine, but it can be very hard to find the authentic dishes here in Europe. Perhaps my friend @LilyanaZ have tried this?  

It looks really delicious, and the restaurant seems super cozy from your photos. 

How would you describe the flavor of the Tteokbokki to someone who's never tried it?  

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Hello @Mr_Hwang-Korean,

I have just released your post from the Spam Filters. I would like to apologize for your post being marked as spam. Our filters run 24/7 and they can be a little harsh at times.

Anyway, thank you for the great post! 떡볶이 was one of my most favorite foods when I lived in Korea. I really enjoy spicy food, so it was rarely too spicy for me, but I have got to say sometimes Korea's highest 매운 단계 was too much. I think it would be great if you introduce other popular street foods from Korea to the community.

By the way, since I can see that you are starting to get more familiar to Connect I wanted to encourage you to maybe introduce yourself and meet other Local Guides in our monthly Introduce yourself topic.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 8

@MortenSI To koreans it's not hot much.

But my foreign friends told me they feel no sense on their tongue after they eat it.

So they drunk water more than Tteokbokki. 🙂

Level 8

@LilyanaZ

I will, thanks.

Since my article was displayed strange at first so I tried to modify it many times.

That's the reason I think.

I will post up more.

I have a feeling the same thing would happen to me @Mr_Hwang-Korean, but that will not stop me from trying this dish. 

Is Tteokbokki typically enjoyed as breakfast, lunch or dinner?  

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

@Mr_Hwang-Korean, I have also noticed that not every foreigner can handle the spice as you said, but some of them found the chewy texture of the rice cakes strange as well. Nonetheless, for me, tteokbokki remains one of the best foods to eat on the street on a cold day.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 8

@MortenSI 

Anytime but I prefer it at night time. 🙂

Hi @Mr_Hwang-Korean,

Thank you for introducing one of my favourite Korean dishes to the community! I am also a fan of spicy food and I love Tteokbokki so much. Have you tried the one with meat? It sounds very interesting, so I'm really curious what it tastes like.

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

@RadieN

There are some new style foods in here, Korea.

So I had Tteokbokki(떡볶이) with Samgyeopsal(삼겹살) and Chadolbagi(차돌박이).

Try that when you come to Korea.^^