Tula's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Invalid Location.

Hi guys. I have of recent been facing this problem on my phone when I try to add a missing location on maps using Google maps on my phone. Everytime I add an address weather it's by typing the street name or placing the marker on the map, I always get the error "invalid Location" and I've noticed a few times when I choose the locations that map suggest for me the map marker does to a completely different place and it's incorrect. What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks.

Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
5 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Invalid Location.

It seems like your GPS may not be working properly.

Level 7

You can try by using PC or Laptop then see if you will succeed then back to phone again 

Ufufuuu
Level 8

So some feedback on this, i thought also that maybe there was an issue with my phone GPS so i tried adding some missing points via the desktop, i put the location place maker on the exact spot, add all the correct information and when i submit, i get the same error - invalid location input and if i click on the suggested street name, the place maker moves to the beginning of the street which is incorrect and it will allow me to submit the entry BUT i realized such kind of entries never get approved since the locations aren't correct. I am not sure if it is because i am in Tanzania and street address aren't correctly added on maps or there is a bug. Anyone else face the same issue?

Thanks.

Connect Moderator

It could be an address issue. Can you please give a link to the area (coordinates) you're trying to add a place to? If you cannot put in a full street address it won't work.

Level 8

It isn't an address issue since i have experienced this multiple times for different missing places.

The current Missing point i am putting is at "6°48'57.6"S 39°17'01.6"E or -6.816003, 39.283785"

The street is called "Zanaki St". If you choose Zanaki Street the point moves to beginning of the street which is very far from where the missing place is.