cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Introduce Yourself — September 2018

1. Name : Darshan Unadkat
  2. Location : Rajkot , India
  3. What I love about being a local guide : Being a local guide , I like to share my experience with the others. I like to see the photos of the other local guides and when someone reads my reviews , views photos  and gain some knowledge, I just love it. 
  4. My favorite thing to explore : I like to make new friends from different religions , about their traditions and all. 
  5. Fun Fact about me : Generally I don't talk to much with the strangers, but when I start getting familiar with them, then it's hard to stop me from talking.
Level 6

1. Name: Ann Pusari
2. Location: Bangkok, Thailand
3. What I Love about being Local Guide: My Dream is to travel the world, Since I have not got chance to travel as yet Thailand will do for now. I started Being Local cause of my son. We like to visit new places together.
4. My Favourite place globally is India
5. Fun Fact about Our Journey: We Love seeing new places in Bangkok and my son will point out what is good and interesting. Going out with him really make my day. Full of Love, Laughter, Hugs & Kisses. 

Level 8

Hello Everyone,

I'm Vivek, from India.

I am a level 7 local guide and growing.

I love to have Tea in the morning and afternoons.

I joined the local guide program, almost more than a year ago.

There is a problem with adding new places to the Google maps in my area of Jammu & Kashmir.

There are several untouched places in my area which are yet to be explored, but due to some reason, I am not able to add these places on the Google maps.

I had also submitted my application for Local Guides Live Connect 2018, but unfortunately, I was not shortlisted. There were more deserving local guides out there who have contributed a lot to the maps, and are making earth a better place.

I use google maps in my day to day life, and yes it has undoubtedly made my life easier as it has affected the lives of millions.

My passion is photography, and I utilize my passion for photography to upload pictures on the maps.

Level 1

hi

hi there im here

Level 7

Introduction

Hi friends I am Chhagan Lal from Rajasthan india. [REDACTED] is my WhatsApp number .

Level 8

Bonjour à tous,

Nom: Guy Constantineau

Originaire de Rouyn-Norande en Abitibi,

Domicile: Saint-Jerome, Qc, Canada

J'ai voyagé sur la côte est des États-Unis et au Canada d'un océan à l'autre, de Halifax à l'ile de Vancouver.  De plus, on a visité toutes les régions de la province de Québec sauf le Grand-Nord. On voyage surtout en auto car on aime voir le paysage, rencontrer les habitants des régions visitées.

On a visité le Québec en utilisant les hôtels, motels, restaurants et en camping. Nous avons demeuré plusieurs années à Laval et Montréal.  On connait donc un peu plus ces régions.

J'aime beaucoup être un "Local Guide" pour aider les voyageurs et mettre à jour la carte "Google Map" surtout pour le Québec et le Canada. Et si possible aider les autres guides de ma région.

Merci à tous de m'accueillir dans l'équipe.

Guyco

Level 8

Hello @jcortes2018! I am curious what it is that those people are making in those photos that posted? Are they making blocks of palm sugar?

3D photos — Cross-eyed Viewing (Stereoscopic and Anaglyph to come later, if there is interest)
Level 8

Hi Renée,

Nice to see someone close to my hometown 🙂

Hope you enjoy being a Local Guide

Guyco

Level 8

A quick note to our Welcoming Ambassadors, @Buddhadeb @MdEmranulHoque @AbdullahAM. Thanks for your hard work at welcoming our new members and making sure they engage meaningfully and are aware of the Connect policies.

If I may make a humble request, since you tend to respond in batches anyway, instead of writing an individual reply to each person, can you please just write a single reply and tag everyone in one post? The new users would still get an email/notification that someone responded to them, and we could probably cut down the page count of this thread by like 10+ pages.

If there's some other specific reason to reply individually, please let me know so I can learn more. 🙂

(As a side note, it's interesting that on our Connect Profile Page, it shows which of our posts have direct comments/replies, and yet clicking on the Comment icon only takes you to your original post, not the comment that people responded with... Not very useful. Perhaps I'll start an Idea Exchange thread about that.)

3D photos — Cross-eyed Viewing (Stereoscopic and Anaglyph to come later, if there is interest)
Level 9

Thank you so much, I really appreciate your welcome.  I also apreaciate meeting new members with the same common denominators that love to learn about the world, communities and cultures.