HelloJess's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Introducing new badges on Google Maps

Badges definitely do not appear on desk top but never the less it wouldn’t seem to be necrrcy because it

@HelloJess wrote:

[Updated on Nov 20] Badges are now available for all Local Guides.

[Updated on Oct 11] Badges are coming soon for everyone, but we’re experiencing a delay on Google Maps for Android. Stay tuned for more info in the coming weeks.

Do you love taking photos? How about reviewing the places you visit? Maybe you’re into exploring new areas, or adding details about places to help others get around.

Local Guides share their knowledge in many ways. That’s why, starting today, we’re introducing badges to recognize different kinds of top contributors on Google Maps.

Caption: Screenshot of four new badges in Google Maps: Expert Photographer, Expert Reviewer, Novice Fact Finder, Novice Trailblazer.Caption: Screenshot of four new badges in Google Maps: Expert Photographer, Expert Reviewer, Novice Fact Finder, Novice Trailblazer.

Here are the four new badges you can earn right now:

Reviewer

You’ll earn this badge by writing detailed reviews that help people decide where to go.

Photographer

This badge is for sharing photos of places, so others can see the world on Google Maps.

Trailblazer

Here’s the badge for exploring. Earn it by being the first to add, review, or take a photo of a place.

Fact Finder

Earn this badge by checking facts, making edits, and answering simple questions about places to help people find the right information on Google Maps.

By sharing more, you can get upgrades for each one. For example, a Novice Photographer can become an Expert Photographer, and then reach legendary status as a Master Photographer. Your past contributions will be factored in too, so some of you may have already reached that status!

This feature is rolling out over the next few weeks. To see if it’s on your device right now, go to “Your contributions” on Google Maps for Android or iOS. There, you’ll see your progress toward each badge. Tap each one to see how to earn the more advanced version of your new badge.

would only be on need to know based on your travels in my opinion 

@HelloJess

Level 8

I have updated my Google App, but not showing the new badges. Is there any other way to view the badges.

E.T.Subash
Level 7

Introducing new badges on Google Maps 2017

4 new badges to celebrate top contributors4 new badges to celebrate top contributors4 new badges to celebrate top contributors

Here are the four new badges you can earn right now:

Reviewer
You’ll earn this badge by writing detailed reviews that help people decide where to go.

Photographer
This badge is for sharing photos of places, so others can see the world on Google Maps.

Trailblazer
Here’s the badge for exploring. Earn it by being the first to add, review, or take a photo of a place.

Fact Finder
Earn this badge by checking facts, making edits, and answering simple questions about places to help people find the right information on Google Maps.

By sharing more, you can get upgrades for each one. For example, a Novice Photographer can become an Expert Photographer, and then reach legendary status as a Master Photographer. Your past contributions will be factored in too, so some of you may have already reached that status!

Connect Moderator

Re: Introducing new badges on Google Maps 2017

Hello @MajidHussain please check this thread and share your Badges.

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/Which-Badges-you-have-received/m-p/543683#M...

Thanks

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 10

A new game - the race for aching began!

Connect Moderator

Hello @HelloJess and all LGs. I've done some testing with the stats on the new badges and from this believe that the stats for Reviewer and Trailblazer badges are not counting correctly.

Reviewer

Reach on the Reviewer badge is incorrect and inconsistent with the Reviews shown on the Contribution home tab.

Photos (Add the first photo of 50 places) on the Trailblazer badge  is not incrementing

To further add to the confusion, where it is possible to compare, the statson the mobile badges and those on the desktop do not totally agree with each other 😞

Can this be investigated?

Leaderboards:  * Points   * Photos   * Videos   * Countries   * Movers & Shakers
  Star Leaderboards:    * Photos    * Videos   * 360 Spheres
  Star Albums:   * Photos   * Videos   * 360 Spheres   * Stars Discussions
  Join in:      * How to Register    * Register   * Login   * Extensions
Level 8

Screenshot_2017-11-22-19-53-40.jpg

Bannu local guide
Level 7

رد: Introducing new badges on Google Maps

تحديث ممتاز فعلا ... يجعل روح للتنافس في الحصول علي الشاره الافضل 

Level 10

New badges who have updated. Share here.

Connect Moderator

Wow that's impressive @KarthikeyanLandRov

Leaderboards:  * Points   * Photos   * Videos   * Countries   * Movers & Shakers
  Star Leaderboards:    * Photos    * Videos   * 360 Spheres
  Star Albums:   * Photos   * Videos   * 360 Spheres   * Stars Discussions
  Join in:      * How to Register    * Register   * Login   * Extensions