HelloJess's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Introducing new badges on Google Maps

Est ce qu'un guide local a eu le même dysfonctionnement que moi. À savoir j'ai eu les badges hier et aujourd'hui plus rien ?Screenshot_20171117-190120.png

Level 9

@Vvincent Oui, j'ai lu sur Connect, il y a quelques temps des posts relatifs à cet instabilité 😞 Ben, disons que pour le moment ça se met en marche et qu'ici et là, peut y avoir quelques légers dysfonctionnement. Au moins, t'auras eu l'occasion de l'avoir 🙂 T'inquiètes pas ça va revenir. @+
My MapsIWe're the World, We're the Local Guides!
Level 10

@SergeySud

No mean to say those who are Beta Testers are still yet to get new badge system.

Level 10

@Vvincent

Do not know whether Beta Testers have got new badges?

Any update from you side.

@LUCIOV

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ProfArunCM Yes @LucioV got new badges...but not because he is a beta tester, I am the beta tester also but no new badges for me yet...

This update took a long time for showing up...It's not something important but still 🙂

Level 10

@Anonymous

Sailing in the same boat!!!

Level 8

No badges whatsoever on my iOS devices since this message was posted.

@HelloJess wrote:

Update: Badges are coming soon for everyone, but we’re experiencing a delay on Google Maps for Android. Stay tuned for more info in the coming weeks.

Do you love taking photos? How about reviewing the places you visit? Maybe you’re into exploring new areas, or adding details about places to help others get around.

Local Guides share their knowledge in many ways. That’s why, starting today, we’re introducing badges to recognize different kinds of top contributors on Google Maps.

Caption: Screenshot of four new badges in Google Maps: Expert Photographer, Expert Reviewer, Novice Fact Finder, Novice Trailblazer.Caption: Screenshot of four new badges in Google Maps: Expert Photographer, Expert Reviewer, Novice Fact Finder, Novice Trailblazer.

Here are the four new badges you can earn right now:

Reviewer

You’ll earn this badge by writing detailed reviews that help people decide where to go.

Photographer

This badge is for sharing photos of places, so others can see the world on Google Maps.

Trailblazer

Here’s the badge for exploring. Earn it by being the first to add, review, or take a photo of a place.

Fact Finder

Earn this badge by checking facts, making edits, and answering simple questions about places to help people find the right information on Google Maps.

By sharing more, you can get upgrades for each one. For example, a Novice Photographer can become an Expert Photographer, and then reach legendary status as a Master Photographer. Your past contributions will be factored in too, so some of you may have already reached that status!

This feature is rolling out over the next few weeks. To see if it’s on your device right now, go to “Your contributions” on Google Maps for Android or iOS. There, you’ll see your progress toward each badge. Tap each one to see how to earn the more advanced version of your new badge.

Level 8

I'm on Android. Haven't seen those badges yet.

#BeKnownForWhatYouCreate
Level 6

Nice to see movement forward down this end too 🙂 

Level 8

Hope to get my bagdes very soon