Did you mean: 
Level 9

Re: Introducing new badges on Google Maps

@LucioV,

Sorry I'm wrong about that

Level 9

@Googleperksblow 

Being a localguide is something you do voluntarily. It is something you like doing, not a burden. 

No one forces you to do anything.

If you expect a reward or a perk... this is not the right motivation.

you choose to improve goolge maps. you choose to help other people for the sake of other people. and not for you or the hope to get a reward/perk. this is just something that comes along. 

If you don't want to do it anymore: STOP doing it.

But please don't poisen the community with your anger. 

I ❤️ being a local guide! My contributions
My Connect Profile
Level 9

Well said @MiaMaria!! 

Level 10

Bonjour @MiaMaria

Je suis d'accord avec vous. Je contribue à améliorer la carte de Google et ainsi participer à au

credo de Google : “ Organiser les informations à l’échelle mondiale dans le but de les rendre accessibles et utiles à tous”.

Après avoir une forme de reconnaissance oui pourquoi pas. C'est une possibilité.

Il y a une chose que je souhaiterai savoir. Est ce que l'algorithme qui valide ou pas non contribution considère notre niveau dans son choix ?

Si c'est le cas pour moi, c'est une sorte de valorisation et de considération de la part de Google pour nous contributeur. Et cela me suffit.

Après un Goodies je ne suis pas contre. J'ai déjà acheté tee-shirts, manteau et stylos Google.

Level 9

I handsup on all local guide.. whom are involved in this conversation with this topic..I am also agree with @googlperksblo to put his/her point of view but as of my point of view no body force us to contribute your knowledge share with another local guides..It's up to our nature and hobby. I agree with @Budisoft also.
Level 7

@Googleperksblow

Wow are you going to cop it today.  Have you not noticed all the FREE stuff Google gives out????  Man I use Google Maps every day for how much money???  $0 -  I talk about Google maps to my friends all the time.  I hope you dont use their search engin for free?  Oh wait, you do.  You are what we call a TAKER.  You go around saying what everyone owes me...  I know not everyone does it but some people do.  If you give more than you take, there will allways be enough for everybody.  But if you take more than you give, society breaks down.  I feel sad for you.

Level 8

Nice update. However IMO the "Write the first review.." goal is too difficult (Trailblazer). Maybe lower the quantity. It's clearly a more difficult task than "first photo" and even "add place".

Level 10

Level 7

Capture.JPG

Level 10

Wow! Looks nice! 🙂 Would love to see this badge live. But is actually available or is just a screenshot from some website?