HelloJess's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Re: Introducing new badges on Google Maps

@Anonymous@HelloJess I just went and pulled up one of my reviews as a regular map user would. It showed just my regular profile picture and my level 6 badge. I then clicked on my picture and it took me to my complete profile, with all my new badges displayed, like what I posted at the beginning of this thre

Level 6

@Anonymous so I guess the answer to one of your questions is yes it's available and viewable by all maps users, but they will have to want to know more about you and how to go about doing that.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yup @hoyer3333, but I mean...would any Maps user, have this new badges any at all...user who is not Local Guide?

I know that any user can see my profile and my badges including my Local Guide level badge and that's OK...

I am just curious about something...

Level 9

@VBenedict,

I still can’t see badges or upload videos. Using iPhone 7 in Canada. 

Did you have to reinstall your Google Maps app? I might try that next. 

Level 8

@hoyer3333 how long ago did you receive your badges? 

I just began to see mine about 24 hrs. ago.

But the bages themselves are not showing publically. Only my level and history show.

I suppose it needs time to propagate through the network.

Level 8

@AlexPssn. Don't go mad uninstalling and reinstalling... just be patient. You will have them soo enough.

Level 6

@AlexPssn, i have never uninstalled maps, it will come when it comes, not before, but you will really like it. @VBenedict I have looked at my contributions page and I am also beta for maps

@Anonymous no I don't see regular map users having access to these badges, you have to be part of the local Guides program.

Level 9

This is awesome @HelloJess I am looking forward to this. 

It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
Level 8

@VBenedict I didn't *have* to do the reset. I'm just doing what I think I can to attempt to get the badges! 😄

All I actually did was uninstall the Maps app, which didn't really uninstall it but just returned it to 'factory settings' as it was preinstalled on the Galaxy S8 Plus.

Paul Bender
Level 9

Hello everyone

Iam amazed by the new badge interface I would like to say thanks for the designer

Here is what I have earned Screenshot_20171105-235606.png

Screenshot_20171105-235619.png

Screenshot_20171105-235627.png

Never stop contributingNever stop contributing