Sumei's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Introduce myself Su Mei aka TheTravellerSu

Hi Everyone,

It is my pleasure to meet everyone here. I am Su Mei from Malaysia who was started my local guides story since last year Nov 2017.

It all started because I quit my 9-6 routine job and traveled to Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, and Thailand for 4 months Solo Backpacking Trip.

Throughout the journey, I have been to many local places where I started to share my photos, reviews, and feedback on Google Map. 

It is really exciting whenever I received some questions or queries from Google about the places I have been to.

Solo Backpacking in SEASolo Backpacking in SEA

Hence, I contribute more and more to local guides and got addicted to the contribution 🙂 Because I feel very happy whenever I am able to help out others and resolved others' questions. This is the power of Sharing - "Sharing is Caring" and "Happiness means when you are willing to share."

And of course, when you noticed your photos have been viewed by thousands of people, it is some sort of self-satisfaction:

1.PNG

Overall I like how Local Guides community works and appreciate that each one of us here is generous and kind enough to share our own knowledge and experiences with the world.  Despite  I am still a beginner as a Local Guides, I felt blessed that I have received the invitation for Local Guides Connect and what I am looking forward is to stay active and contribute more about my own experience and exposure as local guides to Google Map.

What am I looking forward is to continue my travel passion and definitely keen to meet up with other local guides in the future soon, maybe on this October at Local Guides Connect? 🙂 

Here I am sharing my past activities - Meet Up and Hosting New Friends in Overseas and Malaysia. And Of course would looking forward to joining the local guides event soon!

Met Up in Tokyo JapanMet Up in Tokyo JapanMet Up in Yokosuka, JapanMet Up in Yokosuka, Japan

Volunteer Community in Danang, VietnamVolunteer Community in Danang, VietnamHosting New Friend in Malacca, MalaysiaHosting New Friend in Malacca, MalaysiaHosting and Met Up Friends in Kuala Lumpur, MalaysiaHosting and Met Up Friends in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Malaysia
2 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Introduce myself Su Mei aka TheTravellerSu

Hey @Sumei,

Welcome to Connect.

I would like to apologize for your post being marked as spam. Our spam filters work 24/7 and they can be pretty harsh at times. I have just released your post. 

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators
Level 8

Re: Introduce myself Su Mei aka TheTravellerSu

Hi @GeorgesHR Thanks for your help and glad to see my post on the forum now 🙂

Appreciate your kind effort.

BR,

Sumei