AsankaJayasuriya's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Introduce Yourself - Sri Lanka Local Guides ONLY

I created this post for two reasons.

1. Create one post to connect all our Sri Lanka Local Guides. Therefore, please reply only one time with all your information)
  2. There are many google map contributors (including Map Makers), who are new to LocalGuideConnect. This is for them to know about our Sri Lanka Local Guides unofficial community and Sri Lanka Local Guides Facebook Group. Please join our groups, there you can see where and when the new meet-ups and other activities take place. 

To start, let me introduce myself:

1. Name: Asanka Jayasuriya (AsankaJ)
  2. Country: Sri Lanka
  3. Province / City: Western Province / Athurugiya
  4. What do I love about being a Local Guide: A single contribution from a Local Guide on Google Maps can help users around the world make informed decisions that could result in a wonderful experience.
  5. I love to share: I love to share photos and news about google map so that other Local Guides can see them and know more about google map and technology. 
  6. How did I hear about Local Guides: I was sharing a review of a place on Google Maps and was prompted to join Local Guides.
  7. Fun Fact About Me: I love to hangout with out our Sri Lanka Local Guides and have fun with them while contributing to google map. 

Your turn next!

AsankaJAsankaJ

Colombo, Western Province, Sri Lanka
28 comments
Level 8

Re: Introduce Yourself - Sri Lanaka Local Guides

Hi @AsankaJayasuriya Your post is back. Good luck.

Level 9

@AsankaJayasuriya can we edit the title as "Introduce Yourself - Sri Lanka Local Guides only

or it will confuse everyone and all will start posting. please change if it's applicable 🙂

Level 9

Re: Introduce Yourself - Sri Lanaka Local Guides ONLY

@AsankaJayasuriya good job and nice to have you on connect

@AsankaJ wrote:

I created this post for two reasons.

1. Create one post to connect all our Sri Lanka Local Guides. Therefore, please reply only one time with all your information)
  2. There are many google map contributors (including Map Makers), who are new to LocalGuideConnect. This is for them to know about our Sri Lanka Local Guides unofficial community and Sri Lanka Local Guides Facebook Group. Please join our groups, there you can see where and when the new meet-ups and other activities take place. 

To start, let me introduce myself:

1. Name: Asanka Jayasuriya (AsankaJ)
  3. Province / City: Western Province / Athurugiya
  4. What do I love about being a Local Guide: A single contribution from a Local Guide on Google Maps can help users around the world make informed decisions that could result in a wonderful experience.
  5. I love to share: I love to share photos and news about google map so that other Local Guides can see them and know more about google map and technology. 
  6. How did I hear about Local Guides: I was sharing a review of a place on Google Maps and was prompted to join Local Guides.
  7. Fun Fact About Me: I love to hangout with out our Sri Lanka Local Guides and have fun with them while contributing to google map. 

Your turn next!

AsankaJAsankaJ

Level 7

@Myrathor thank you for restoring back the post. and @IlankovanT thanks for the suggestion will do that, and thank you @alokeme @OnyedikaBenjaminJ

Level 7

IMAG0452.jpg

• Name: Dhanushka Eregoda
  • What do I love about being a Local Guide: my contributions help to the people everyday!
  • I love to share: I love to add and edit places. 
  • How did I hear about Local Guides: After a some time working with Map
  • Fun Fact About Me: I love to take pictur

Level 10

1. Name: Anuradha Piyadasa (AnuradhaP)
  3. Province / City: Western Province / Kalutara
  4. What do I love about being a Local Guide: From my childhood helping others is in my blood. As a professional and a father of three daughters, I find it difficult find time to help lots of people. The Google Map gave me that opportunity to help millions of people around the world and in my country by providing them details about locations in my country to make them feel like they are in their own backyard. Making them feel like home gave me a lot of satisfaction and one of the main reasons that motivate me to contribute to the Google Maps.
  5. I love to share: I love to share photos of archaeological sites and stories about meetups. 
  6. How did I hear about Local Guides: I came to know while I am contributing to the Google Maps.
  7. Fun Fact About Me: Photography, travelling, sharing knowledge, .........

If you want to know about my contributions please visit this post. This is my introductory post for LG Summit 2017.

Anuradha Piyadasa and his laptop with Local Guides Stickers....Anuradha Piyadasa and his laptop with Local Guides Stickers....

Level 9

Name: Ilankovan Thushyantha
Community: Batticaloa Local Guides

My hometown is Batticaloa, Sri Lanka. But I had to spend various stages of my life in India, Singapore and United Kingdom for educational / work purposes. Throughout the long journey of life, the cameras I owned have been my best friends who traveled with me. In such a scenario, photography become part of my life instead of my passion or a hobby.

Even though my career have moved me far far away shrinking my leisure time and to work more towards GIS & RS, photography and nature watch still remains fresh and young within me where ever I go.
bag backside.JPG

Level 8

do i need to post here 😄 

Level 9

@NalinK this intro post started by @AsankaJayasuriya and it's only for SLLG.