Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Level 8

Re: Introduce Yourself - October 2017

You are welcome πŸ™ @HelloSamsonR πŸ˜€

Connect Moderator

• Name: Ermes (ok, ok, Ercole, (Hercules) but this is a secret between you and me). Somebody know me as "Mr five petals" (now I can say this post starts as a joke between @JeslynL and me)
  • Location: Treviso (Italy). I love my city, and I love to share about it

• What do I love about being a Local Guide: Helping others, in many different way. I started to contribute to Maps because I think that Maps have a huge potential, mostly not developped yet.
    My initial idea was to use Maps to build a maps of central Italy, a kind of museum of how that area was before the earthquake. So I knocked to Google door

Now I have a Map, I will share you in a few days

Now Google maps talk about us. Two of my best friends are "Local Heroes" ( @LucioV@manulele81)

and sometime we meet each other

DSC01643.jpg

• I love to share: Sharing is one of the most beautiful experience. Improving the knoledge of other places and sharing my experience of the place where I live. Sharing experience is also meet other people, find new friends, do something important together
  • How did I hear about Local Guides: With an email, after adding a photo and a review in maps
  • Fun Fact About Me: I have a huge collections of "paper" Maps, I've been traveling with paper maps since 1978. I love Cats, let say that I'm a guest in my cats's house πŸ˜‰#catfie#catfieWhat about you?
Level 10

Hi there @Neats, many thanks my friend πŸ™‚

New Zealand -  my favourite place on Earth.  I have family in New Plymouth and visited there some time ago, love the North Island.

Level 8

Hi David, @DavidTito I agree πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€ @HelloSamsonR Your #Catfie is exceptional. 

@DavidTito wrote:

@Badruddeen great photo of @HelloSamsonR lol @HelloSamsonR he defiantly got you there bro lolz

@Badruddeen wrote:

@HelloSamsonR I ❀️ that #catfie πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€ 

@JeslynL I am searching for my 🐈 πŸ“Έ pic. Once I find it will post. 

Samson Wrote

What do I love  πŸ™‚

IMG_20171002_115209.jpg

Level 8

Hello Neats @Neats

Welcome to LGC. I love the fun fact and living on a boat must be very adventurous and fun.

Thank you for the introduction.

@Neats wrote:

To start, let me introduce myself:

1. Name: NEATS
  2. Location: New Zealand
  3. Local Guide: I joined the team on 4 April 2017. 
  4. What do I love about being a Local Guide:  I love being part of the Local Guide movement, I think it is a vital service that is helping everyone in the world.
  5. Learning:  I love the technical up-skilling that being a Google Maps Local Guide has given me.
  6. I love to share: I think it such a benefit to everyone to share the information and beautiful photos we all have.
  7. How did I hear about Local Guides: Google emailed me and asked me to be a Local Guide after I put this photo on the Auckland Zoo's website. I like to call it, "Giraffes of the Sea".   
  8. Fun Fact About Me: I live by the sea in 3 cities each week, Western Bay of Plenty, Bay of Plenty and Auckland City and I live on a boat.

Go-Map-Girl-Giraffes-of-the- Sea-GMG001.jpg

Level 8

Hi David @DavidTito

Next time when I hit Perth we must meet

πŸ˜€  Thanks for the reintroduction in October. 

Cheers mate.

Level 9

1. Name: Celumusa 

2. South Africa 

3. What do I love about being a Local Guide:

When I contribute I get approval that it was posted or sometimes if it's a place I want to put it on Google maps because it is not there. I can able to do that. Update with new photos because street map is not an everyday thing which means Google don't come every year in our place to creat street/videolike  map, only after few years. So by having me as a contributor i can assist very well with also that. 

4. I love to share: 

I used to take pictures of my own "my self" but I realized that it won't help me if I do things for me only, what about others. Are they gaining something when I take a selfie or I am the one who is benefiting. Actually I love sharing and assisting, quote "Don't sell/ put on sale your knowledge, instead look for market/ buy the knowledge" (Bible, Proverbs, Old Testament) . After that  I saw that knowledge and experience is important while we are still alive, because what is the use of having a qualification without knowledge and experience, it's useless. By becoming local guide, I will learn many things actually I am learning many things: faithfulness, truthfulness, integrity, inconsistency and so on. This means when I post/ contribute, it must be true so that the audience/ customers will trust Google map . 

5. How did I hear about local Guides: 

Via online advert or I received e-mail from google but I don't remember very well. I usually take photos,videos for places in order to update tourist and then in those videos I create a thriller of that place then post it on my YouTube channel in a playlist called Tour . 

I am also proud that I became a local guide, I joined the team this year 2017 September.

6. Fun fact about me: 

I was given first name "Celumusa", Second "Alex" then third "Nkosingphile" while I was young maybe I was few months to 1 year old. But then the third one my mom didn't approve it. Initials  From "CAN" to "CA" . then around 2016 like Jacob to Isrieal, so I was given a third name called "Tholumusa" meaning I have mercy, from "Celumusa" meaning I am asking for mercy .  So now my new initials are "CAT" . Another fun part of me, if someone ask me "Who are you?, usually via social media, here is the answer. - " http://whoswho.co.za/celumusa-sambo-2668863 " .My photo albumMy photo album

My selfMy self

My mom and the other _ me and my high school mateMy mom and the other _ me and my high school mate

My Self both picsMy Self both pics

My Self both picMy Self both pic

My mom left and the other pic _ my friendMy mom left and the other pic _ my friend

#catfie! 

CA SAMBO
Level 9

Thanks brother i am also like that. You have defined me. Thanks God Bless you 

CA SAMBO
Level 8

@HelloSamsonR Nice to have you back in one piece, and nice comeback bro

@HelloSamsonR wrote:

@OSAMA wrote:

Hellooooo and Welcome back bro @HelloSamsonR :-))))

Very nice 🐈 catfie :-)))))))

@OSAMA Thank you and am glad to be back :).

@Charleybaits Thanks bro :). Nice introduction and please to meet you once again πŸ™‚

@DavidTito Beautiful Intro you got there :).

@JeslynL Nice introduction, Nice seeing you πŸ™‚

@AkmalB You have a nice introduction and a great haircut πŸ˜‰

@Haruki Great introduction bro πŸ™‚

@Badruddeen Great meeting you once again. Nice picture you got there πŸ˜‰

And everyone I couldn't tag nice meeting you all and a warm welcome to the family and I hope you all enjoy the month of October exploring, interacting and meeting with the rest of the family.!!!

Best Regards,

Samson

Level 8

@ErmesT nice roll out my friend fantastic

@ErmesT wrote:
  • Name: Ermes (ok, ok, Ercole, (Hercules) but this is a secret between you and me). Somebody know me as "Mr five petals" (now I can say this post starts as a joke between @JeslynL and me)
  • Location: Treviso (Italy). I love my city, and I love to share about it

• What do I love about being a Local Guide: Helping others, in many different way. I started to contribute to Maps because I think that Maps have a huge potential, mostly not developped yet.
    My initial idea was to use Maps to build a maps of central Italy, a kind of museum of how that area was before the earthquake. So I knocked to Google door

Now I have a Map, I will share you in a few days

Now Google maps talk about us. Two of my best friends are "Local Heroes" ( @LucioV@manulele81)

and sometime we meet each other

DSC01643.jpg

• I love to share: Sharing is one of the most beautiful experience. Improving the knoledge of other places and sharing my experience of the place where I live. Sharing experience is also meet other people, find new friends, do something important together
  • How did I hear about Local Guides: With an email, after adding a photo and a review in maps
  • Fun Fact About Me: I have a huge collections of "paper" Maps, I've been traveling with paper maps since 1978. I love Cats, let say that I'm a guest in my cats's house πŸ˜‰#catfie#catfieWhat about you?

introduction