TraciC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Introduce Yourself — October 2016

Nice picture. I was reading a story recently about the Dalmatian coast. Odyssey magazine I believe.

Colleyville, TX here, at the moment. Nice to see another Texan around.

Level 9

Welcome @EmilyC

c'est un plaisir de te compter parmi les Local Guide, merci pour cette photo qui donne envie de visiter la Croatie.

Nice to meet you

See you later

Level 3

1. Name: Doug
  2. Location: Lam Luk Ka, Thailand
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: It's fun. Plus I like adding English language items so that tourists can get around easier
  4. I love to share: Photos and brief reviews
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: Google Maps asked me if I wanted to do this, so I did.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: Gosh, I don't know...I make a mean stroganoff? I'm actually a fun math teacher? I really don't know LOL1461824386288.jpgreceived_1223348834362521.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome Doug. Great sketch!

What you do with English reviews is great. I can tell you from experience it helps others get around in a foreign country with a different language.

I'll be passing through your area next spring. Maybe I'll run across some of your reviews.

Level 8

1. Name: Ismail Sabir
  2. Location: Baa Kendhoo, Baa Atoll, Maldives
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I Love to help people for travelers , Especially for fisherman's by using map to show the best places with pictures and GPS. And to meet new people everywhere in the world. 
  4. I love to share: Locations, photos, tips and reviews.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I was a member of Panoramio and Google MapMarker long back and i have been posting pictures on Google Map. After that in this year i saw Local Guides that run by Google.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I love photography, and i have a Canon EOS60D. Moreover i'm a fisherman 😉 and do different things as hobby.
Level 3

• Name: James B
  • What do I love about being a Local Guide: Helping people by giving them reviews and and choices on where to go in the area.
  • I love to share: Photos and tips.
  • How did I hear about Local Guides: I decided to review a location on the map and it just caught on from there.
  • Fun Fact About Me:Let me get back to you on this.lol

Me in AsiaMe in Asia

Level 7

1. Name: Neil 
  2. Location: London, UK 
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I like contributing to the greater good and superficially I like having a little badge next to my photo! 
  4. I love to share: I love pubs and I love writing about them. 
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I started reviewing pubs for my own amusement whilst sitting in them waiting for my friends to arrive. After a while I discovered I'd started collecting points and BANG, here I am. Hello! 
  6. Fun Fact About Me:  I played in the support band for Jack White's first ever solo show in Paris. 
Level 6

1. Name: Dylan
  2. Location: Sussex, UK
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: Helping people discover my area and putting secrets on the map. 
  4. I love to share: Mainly photos. Photography is my hobby
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: Stumbled upon it. Can't really remember but I've been enjoying it ever since.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I'm not a fun person
Level 7

1. Name: Frederick Sim
  2. Location: Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: Helping people to understand whether the place offer what they want and needs.
  4. I love to share: Photos, tips, My Maps, EVERYTHING.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I joined Local Guides when I been using Google map apps a lot and saw contribution tab.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I am big anime fan and I love to eat, enjoy good meal and dessert during weekend, thus I always update if my favorite spot has false info or move/close.

IMG_20160530_152306.jpg

Level 7

Re : Introduce Yourself — October 2016

That suit is amazing!