cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Introduce Yourself — October 2016

1.Name: Colin

2.Location: Telford ,Shropshire, UK

3.What do I love about being a Local Guide: Having recently retired and been given a tablet computer by our daughter I started to investigate what I could do to feel useful to others and develop my tablet Android skills. I came across the Google Maps Local Guide scheme when I decided to try and add in the many changes in our growing town. I am still struggling with using Android Map Maker to add in new roads although I hope some of my edits to changes to local schools might be taken up! My camera on the tablet has stopped working so for the time being I am review local place facts hoping to get the facts sorted out but realising I need to my camera working again!
4. I love share: Photo and my comments on places I have visited.
5. How did you find out about Local Guides: See point 3 above!
6. Fun Fact About Me: I am 6 feet 4 inches ( 1.98 m) tall who likes beer and is an aviation fanatic !

Level 7

Thank you, Sumaiya! 

Glad to be of service!
Level 9

Re : Introduce Yourself — October 2016

Me in Motoco MulhouseMe in Motoco Mulhouse

Motoco Mulhouse sur Google Maps

1. Nom:  Joao Antonio Minhoto Mendes
  2. Lieu:  Mulhouse Centre Historique, Alsace, France
  3. Que dois - je l' aime d'être un guide local:  Je suis fier et honoré de pouvoir partager et ouvrir au monde entier toutes les informations sur la ville des trois frontières (France, Allemagne et Suisse). Mulhouse est une des villes avec une Histoire des plus intéressante  en Alsace.
  4. J'aime partager:  Mes photos, mes vidéos, mes coups de cœur concernant l'art, la culture et le sport. (Bien d'autres surprises vous attendent)
  5. Comment ai - je entendu parler de Guides:  J'ai toujours porté Google dans mon cœur étant un webmaster depuis les tous débuts d'internet en France. Il est logique que je soit devenu Local Guide.
  6. Anecdote À propos de moi:  J'ai un chat qui s'appelle Lilly et qui adore naviguer avec moi sur internet 🙂

Lilly se reposant sur sa tablette Samsung après une longue nuit sur le Web.Lilly se reposant sur sa tablette Samsung après une longue nuit sur le Web.

Level 7

Re : Introduce Yourself — October 2016

Adorable Lilly!

Glad to be of service!
Level 2

Name: Carl

What do I love about being a Local Guide: Just started, other than answering some questions and a few reviews, not much. But looking forward to updating and correcting some outdated entries in the local area, and adding new ones.

How did I hear about Local Guides: One day my phone asked me if I wanted to answer questions about the place I was at. I was bored so said sure. Since then I've done a few more. Then my phone asked me to do more, I said sure...then it told me I'd signed up to be a Local Guide. After figuring out what it was talking about...I think this is awesome.

Fun Fact About Me: One of my many nicknames is "The Grouch".

Level 9

lol @CarlB

The Grouch :)The Grouch 🙂

Cela me rappelle des souvenirs de jeunesse devant ma télé, c'était il y a des siècles 🙂

Level 9

Re : Hello...!

hello @PaulSanto

c'est vraiment une petite réponse, j'aimerais en savoir plus sur toi !

See you later

Level 9

@Anurabw

C'est tout ce que nous saurons ? 😉

see you later

Level 9

hello @TommyD

Je crois que le hasard n'existe pas, tout vient à point.

Bienvenue

See you later

Level 3

A picture from my trip to Split, Croatia on the beautiful Dalmatian CoastA picture from my trip to Split, Croatia on the beautiful Dalmatian Coast

1. Name: Emily
  2. Location: Austin, TX, USA 
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I like to answer questions that I would ask before going somewhere to help others make informed decisions and be aware of impacting factors (i.e. does it get crowded, is there parking available, what demographic visits, etc)
  4. I love to share: Tips, insight, advice, and pictures of food and drinks! 
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides:  By reading reviews on Google Maps from other people and looking at their profiles.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I travel a lot, sometimes for work, sometimes to visit friends and family, and I love finding a healthy restaurant or smoothie place in every new city :)!