TraciC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Googler

Introduce Yourself — October 2016

The "Introduce Yourself" threads (12 and 3) get really long so we start new ones regularly and lock the old ones. Be sure to check the old threads to see who already joined and where they are from. If you're new, please use this thread to post your "I'm new" "Hello world" posts. We will move any we find into here to keep the site organized. 

Welcome to Local Guides Connect!

Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the community 🙂 Here is who I am:

Me in San FranciscoMe in San Francisco

1. Name: Traci
  2. Location: Brooklyn, New York, USA 
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: Helping people to make the best decisions possible with their limited time and money. Also, connecting with people who are just like me, everywhere in the world. 
  4. I love to share: Photos, tips, My Maps, EVERYTHING.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I was a member of the community in its way earlier form back in 2011 and have been on the team since 2012. 🙂
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I was on MTV so many times from 1995-2000 that I've lost count! 

Now it's your turn, so tag, you're IT! 🙂 

P.S. Please read this getting started post as it contains helpful info on how to navigate and participate here on Connect. 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
116 comments
Level 8

Re: Introduce Yourself — October 2016

• Name: Sajol Kumar Das
  • What do I love about being a Local Guide: Love to share and love to help other. It really fills very good.
  • I love to share: Each and everything, Photos, reviews..
  • How did I hear about Local Guides:Actually I cant remember, It was at 2014/2015. I am writing review.
  • Fun Fact About Me: In every new week i am having a new passion. 🙂 I love that.

I am a golfer too.I am a golfer too.

Level 8

Me at Bichanakandi Waterfall, Sylhet, BangladeshMe at Bichanakandi Waterfall, Sylhet, Bangladesh

1. Name: Md. Abdur Rahman Nick: Rana
  2. Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: Its my pleasure to help others by sharing my knowledge, though i take help from the opposite way 😉
  4. I love to share: Photos, Tips, Travel knowledge, My Maps, EVERYTHING.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: Though i am connected with GMM since 2010, but i came to know about local guides in 2014 or 2015.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I like to travel a lot since my childhood and taking photos of new places. I have a collection of more than 10K photos which is taken by me. 🙂

Level 8

Name: Joan Luvfeelin

What do I love about being a Local Guide: Sharing is caring, providing useful and accurate information could help whoever in needs especially freen and easy traveler like me.

I love to share: My travelogue, photos, travel stories and tips, food etc.

How did I hear about Local Guides: By contributing reviews and photos to Gmap and receive an email by then become a Local Guide!

Fun Fact About Me: A Chinese blogger who loves to share everything, travel, food, sport, pet, leisure and more.

I love travel!I love travel!

Level 8

Hello...!

Hi, My name is Paul Santo & I'm a #5 Local Guide from New York City. I just wanted to introduce myself....

Level 4

1. Name: Nick
  2. Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA 
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: Philadelphia is a very interesting place with so much to offer. Sometimes people need help with finding the hidden gems of the city and I think I can help with that.
  4. I love to share: Photos and helpful tips.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I saw people reviewing places sometimes had the badge and wondered where it came from.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: Currently going to school in Philadelphia and I try to explore and hike in my free time. Once spent a week traveling alone in Italy because I felt that was the best way to learn to speak Italian.Ponte degli Scalzi, VeneziaPonte degli Scalzi, Venezia friends I could make.
Level 6

I'm Anura from Sri Lanka

Level 7

1. Name: Giovanni
  2. Location: Milano, Italy
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: after several years of Foursquare (SU2), I wanted to try a new product.
  4. I love to share: photos & tips, sometimes I try to propose corrections to the map.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I'm a "Googler", I keep an eye on the new proposals from big G 😜
  6. Fun Fact About Me: -

sony-mdr-xb650bt-laudio-in-vacanza-senza-fili-in-mezzo-2

Level 8

• Mohammad GMMohammad GM
  • Name: MOHAMMAD GOLAM MOSTAFA
  • What do I love about being a Local Guide: Really love to share and help others. Nice experience to roaming around the Maps most of the time real and sometimes virtual. Proud to be a part of Google & helping my peoples.  
  • I love to share: Exciting to share actual Photos, real reviews.
  • I Hate to see on Maps: Personal Portrait, Fake Photo, Fake information 
  • How did I hear about Local Guides: As I cant remember, It was in August 2010 I was start uploading photos at Google Panoramio (http://www.panoramio.com/user/4875560). After that I got an email about Local Guides after that I have sign up it & start contribute in all sections.
  • Fun Fact About Me: I am Graphic Designer, So I use to be very busy most of the time and my Wife is very angry of it. In the mean time I got more interest on Local Guides and become too busy, she always says Google Map is your First WIFE & I am Second in position.

Level 7

1. Name: Valeed Mulla
  2. Location: Manama, Bahrain
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: make this world a better place with guided tour by Google 
  4. I love to share: Lots and lots of photos from an angle of a photographer and write reviews to help others to decide 
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: from a colleague who introduced how i can share my photos ..what hooked me is my photos getting viewed by the world
  6. Fun Fact About Me: - Techy guy with a passion for photography and travel 

20161002_165834.jpg