Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Introduce Yourself - November 2018

001.jpg

1. Name: digvijay sahu my instagram
  2. Location: dhamtari, chhattisgrh
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: Photograph discover suggest travel climb Meetups
  4. I love to share: Love to capture colours of nature and streets
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: adding some photos on google map.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I don't gonna die before watching game of thrones season finale
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi I am Rika from Indonesia! I really love being a local guide because I can share anything I try to the people around the world. It is also sometimes make my English better as I am now studying English Language Education in the University. Nice to meet u all! #localguidesbio

Level 10

@LucioV, wow! You are on air my friend. It's  amazing! Thank you very much for the helpful post.

Level 6

Thank you so much!!!!

Level 6

What's up people from around the worldI I'm Lula from México.

I started using G-maps for seeing picture an reading reviews s of places to decide if I wanted to go or not, then after visting them it only seem fare to do the same thing and help other people decide on their trips and visits but eventually it became like a personal blog and map on the places I visited and wanting to share the photos and experiences I've had in those places.

I'm a nomad in love with my country my goal is to inspire people to come visit México and experience the culture, the landscapes, the love mexicans ara able to give and tare down all the misconceptions people around the world have from us.

I'm happy to be a local guide and help other people plan them travels and visits to places.

lula
Level 9

Hello everyone!

Hope you are all doing well!

1. Name: Kol Naturespath 

2. Location: England (I am British through and through. Originally from Jamaica, WI - best Education system ever!)

3. What I love about being a Local Guide:

Trying out new places, eating food I wouldn't normally try, reviewing food and saying how surprisingly good the food, it's presentation and the standards are - which I know has improved tremendously because of reviews by Local Guides - and which leads me to say how invaluable the presence of Local Guides are.

The other aspect which is important to me is finding a community for Local Guides - Local Guides Connect, to work together on projects that build up a network of like minded 'relatives' who feel passionate about making the world a nicer place to be in.

Heaven knows how life can be a daily challenge!!

So I am extremely proud to say I am part of Ermes's community of 'kindred folks' who are doing a tremendous amount to improve the environment for everyone.

So many many Congrats all! 👏👏👏!

4. My favourite thing to explore: places and businesses which strongly believe in using ethical suppliers and in promoting vegetarian options to cater for (almost) everyone!

I love seeing clean and well maintained Shopping precincts with that extra emphasis on being a greener city.

5. Fun fact about me:

I do a mini marathon run for charity (since 2005) and I love food especially pizzas and fish and chips. I did my DNA to see how much Native American I have in me. Turned out as much as I thought and a Canadian Native gave me her Grandmother's name which I have as my middle name  (not on documents though!)

Plus the usual Spanish and Portuguese and Cameroon, Congo, Southern Bantu People, Ivory Coast/Ghana - From South America. A good number of cultures there!

And England, Wales, Scotland and North Western Europe  (I presume Ireland is included). 

I also like to see others get actively involved in doing something for the community.

But just to say the moderators and Local Guides are absolute stars in being here as the standards of places and businesses have gone to the next level and thanks to all of us!

👏👏👏!

Level 10

Guard Cat, Historic Place-NYC LandmarkGuard Cat, Historic Place-NYC LandmarkStoried USPO- Landmark, home to WPA MuralStoried USPO- Landmark, home to WPA MuralLandmark marker -Vanished places of NYCLandmark marker -Vanished places of NYCConcept Car-NYIAS March 2017Concept Car-NYIAS March 2017Guard Lion, Historic Place-NYC LandmarkGuard Lion, Historic Place-NYC LandmarkHistoric Place-NYSHistoric Place-NYS

Level 3

Hi here is Naseem Khan Yousafzai from Mardan PK Pakistan.

Contact no  [REDACTED]

Google Moderator

Hello @nmnaseem4all,

I redacted your personal contact details from the post. You might not know but we do not encourage Local Guides to share private information publicly on Connect in order to protect yours and other users' privacy and safety.

If you wish to get in touch with other Local Guides, there is a private messaging system in place instead. Please take a moment to review our Community Policy.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 7

Re: Introduce Yourself

Hello sir, 

Nice to see some one from Andhra Pradesh, India. 

Im new to Local Guides though im in level 6.