Atsukot's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: Introduce Yourself - November 2018

Hi guys, I don’t think I’ve introduced myself before. I am a Local Guide Level 8 and just got back from Connect Live 2018 in San Francisco where I got to meet and connect with some amazing Local Guides and Googlers from all over the world. It was an amazing experience. 972EE8E8-31D1-4F4D-9EE3-A994F37A465B.jpeg

1. Name: Penny Christie 
  2. Location: Sydney Australia 
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: I like the fact that the photos I post on Google Maps might be helping people to familiarise themselves with a destination before they get there or when they arrive. I get really anxious if I’ve never been to a certain place before, so I like to get on Google Maps to get directions, look at photos, and walk through Street View so I can see what else is around the destination. I am a lot more relaxed and happy on my journey and when I arrive. 
  4. My favorite thing to explore: I love visiting different cities and checking out the architecture. 
  5. Fun fact about me: I love drawing and painting. It calms my mind. 
Level 7

Love the plant! 

Hi I’m new on this platform. 

Level 2

Re: Hello!

Ok thanks 

Level 7

Re: Hello!

Hello Im very happy I can know you here
Level 10

This is another try at introducing myself. I've done this before and didn't get any responses, but willing to try again. I'm a photo guy, monuments and such, clocks and clock towers, churches and wharfs - along with the normal foodie stuff, restaurants and supermarkets I visit in my travels. Applied for the summit 2x, 360 cam, no bites. So I plod along. I've been BeeCee for over 40 years, I originally did portraits in clubs for cash, same nite delivery B&W's mounted on posterboard, in the daytime I did high school yearbooks with a 90mm cameraz and portrait setup. This means my hands were dry and cracked from the chemicals and I probably smelled like developer. The subjects knew me as BeeCee the photoguy, that's all I have to say about that. In the 90's I worked on Canal st (home to secondhand shops and electronic hardware) building IBM clone XT's and AT's during the age of MFM 30meg hard drives and windows 3.1 - Digital photography was still 15yrs away for most photographers (Canon 5D, Mark II of 05') but by 1997 I was shooting with a 700k Ricoh. Now I have a PhaseOne with a 40megapixel digital back, Canons, Nikons, Fujis and BlackmagicDesign's URSA, however most of what I post to the maps is shot with a Pixel XL. I also write articles on Wikipedia and add images of monuments to the Wiki Commons. I get emails from google telling me I'm a top reviewer and top photographer, I'll believe that when they invite me to a summit or send me a new phone. I find what some of the local guides are doing for their locales to be very interesting, I am working on 3D and VR for the maps and hope to be able to post some of that eventually. Keep up the good work, if you like a pic I've posted please feel free to give it a +1, always appreciate the views....At the Google booth - Tried to introduce myself, no bitesAt the Google booth - Tried to introduce myself, no bitesTodays artwork, a bldg near NewRocCityTodays artwork, a bldg near NewRocCityanother Plaza in NewRocCityanother Plaza in NewRocCityThis is on the west coast, Stearns Wharf in Santa BarbaraThis is on the west coast, Stearns Wharf in Santa BarbaraThis is in the underground, I spend a lot of time thereThis is in the underground, I spend a lot of time thereI also do monuments, part of my NRHP chaseI also do monuments, part of my NRHP chaseI'm also a photoshop junkie. I do PhotoGraphics.I'm also a photoshop junkie. I do PhotoGraphics.

Connect Moderator

Re: تنقال الخبره حول الارشاد

Thanks for sharing all your selfies @Hanihrb. I will move this to the introductory thread for the month where you can tell us all about you.

Connect Moderator

Re: I m new

Welcome to Connect @ms_36 I will move this to the official November Intro thread.

It looks like you enjoy being a Local Guide :).

Level 6

Re: I m new

Thanks for the good comments Paul.. I'm glad to meet you here and some co local guides contributors.. hope that I can have more friends here and know also those local guides near me... 

Level 1

its More Fun in the Philippines.. ^_^

Love of my lifeIMG_5643.JPG

IMG_7562.JPG

IMG_8244.JPG

IMG_9041.JPG

Level 5

Oman and Jordan unite 🤝🤝

I just met up with my Co-founder in Jordan after she flew in from Oman. Wow woop.Meeting up in Taj mall. Also, Baskin Robbins.Meeting up in Taj mall. Also, Baskin Robbins.