TraciC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Googler

Re: Introduce Yourself — November 2016

Hi @Danielv. I recommend visiting the Gmail Help Forum where a Googler or Top Contributor familiar with the product will be better able to assist you. If you run into any issues with your Local Guides account or have feedback, however, we welcome your post in the "Feedback and Feature Requests" category here on Connect. 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 10

1. Name: Waweru Macharia
  2. Location: Nairobi,Kenya
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: Making Places more accurate because most people have placed their local places in the wrong places
  4. I love to share: Photos,Solutions, and new places
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides:From a friend
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I love wild experiences
Level 8

Hello world

1. Name: Md. Abdullah Ahmed Chisti
  2. Location: Ishurdi, Pabna, Bangladesh & Now live in Dhaka for a long time. 
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: Helping people, Exploring, Taking Photos like maniac (taken almost 30k photos in 2years), I love everything about Google Local Guide program.
  4. I love to share: Photos, reviews & sharing my visiting experience with everybody. 
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: From G-mail.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: One tour was 26/03/2010 from dhaka to saint martin changed my life. before that time I didn't like meeting people & visit new place but after that I meet new people every day & I die to visit places new or old places in a month.D800-1111.jpgD800-1114.jpgD800-1604.jpg

Thanks

Level 7

1. Name: Colby
  2. Location: Lewistown, Pennsylvania, USA 
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I enjoy being able share my personal experiences with other locals and help them find the hidden gems in my community.
  4. I love to share: Local news, videos of events and photos from around the area.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: A long long time ago when it first came out? I have been contributing since around 2011 for my area.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I am an online addict. You will find me online most times of the day, whether it is moderating my local social media groups or doing stuff for local non-profits and businesses. If I'm not doing that, I'm at work, spending time with the fam or gaming 😉

Colby (right) and Susan (my wife, on left)Colby (right) and Susan (my wife, on left)

Level 7

1. Name : Clinton

2. Location : Apache Junction, Arizona

3.  What I like to post about as a Google Guide? I enjoy reviewing small businesses in the local area that attract people! It is beneficial to the business owner and the surrounding community! Helping the community by providing up to date information.

4. Fun fact. Being a Google Guide has allowed my community to attract some attention from the surrounding communities and I have noticed direct impact of my Google guide voice. 

temp_photo.jpg

Resized_20160521_134820.jpg

Clinton Lee Haverly
Level 3

1. Name: Tiphanie_Dyme
  2. Location: Memphis, TN
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: being able to share my thoughts in an uncut way by being myself. No filter.
  4. I love to share: Thoughts, Reviews, Quotes, etc.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: An email solicitation
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I like to travel www.instagram.com/Tiphanie_Dyme

Level 2

1. Name: Donika
    2. Location: Toronto,Canada 
    3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: Being able to show others the delicious and unique meals available in our city
    4. I love to share: yummy tips 
    5. How did I hear about Local Guides: funny enough, I was at a restaurant taking pictures of my meal and I got the prompt from my phone asking if I wanted to post the photos through the app.
    6. Fun Fact About Me: currently tackling two languages( Japanese and Korean) 

IMG_20161005_230754.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DonikaS That's funny how you got the invite. Good luck with the Korean and Japanese. I used to know some Korean from my time in the army and years of Taekwondo. Now I'm in the process of learning Thai (and the Queen's English, which to this Texan is just as foreign as Thai.

Level 8

Hi Everyone,

Name:  Tom

Voted!Voted!

What do I love about being a local guide?  I am going to start with our cruise ship Wednesday here in Kona.  I love hanging out a the pier and introducing Google app called Field Trip.  I hosted the app developer when he visited Kona a year or so ago.  Like Gmaps, it has many different possibilities, and content providers.  I live on a active volcanic island.  Its critical that our maps are revised.  The USGS quads were done over 20 years ago.

We have lots of new roads, business, and people.  I love that I can add those visitor oriented business to google maps.  You should tell some others to look at Field Trip, very good on Hawaiian Cultural sites.The UnifierThe UnifierThe legacy.The legacy.

How did I learn about local guides.  I worked with the US Geospatial Agency, helping with our version of Google Maps in the early 1990's.

Always aware of my location, and whats happening around me, and in the world. 

Fun Fact about me?   I wear the color Red often, and i only drink coke zero, and have maxed out my mental storage facilities!

If your a guide, come and stay here.  Just connect with me!

Level 8

Hi @Tominkona,

Welcome to Connect Forum!