TraciC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Googler

Introduce Yourself — November 2016

The "Introduce Yourself" threads (12 , 3 and 4) get really long so we start new ones regularly and lock the old ones. Be sure to check the old threads to see who already joined and where they are from. If you're new, please use this thread to post your "I'm new" or "Hello world" posts. We will move any we find into here to keep the site organized. 

Welcome to Local Guides Connect!

Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the community 🙂 Here is who I am:

IMG_20160915_165300.jpg 

1. Name: Traci
  2. Location: Brooklyn, New York, USA 
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: Helping people to make the best decisions possible with their limited time and money. Also, connecting with people who are just like me, everywhere in the world. 
  4. I love to share: Photos, tips, My Maps, EVERYTHING.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I was a member of the community in its way earlier form back in 2011 and have been on the team since 2012. 🙂
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I do not like pickles so it's important to dine with someone who eats pickles in the event someone gives me a burger with pickles so I can immediately dispose of them! 

Now it's your turn, so say hello and share a photo of yourself. 

P.S. Please read this getting started post as it contains helpful info on how to navigate and participate here on Connect. 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
61 comments
Level 4

Re: Introduce Yourself — November 2016

Hello world,

I'm new to this board, so I'm introducing myself.

1. Name: Eduardo
  2. Location: Sant Cugat del Vallès, Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I find this is a really interesting experience. I do believe in global wisdom. 
  4. How did I hear about Local Guides: A month ago I realized it was possible to collaborate with Google Maps and saw the oportunity to share my feelings about the places I've been in. In addition, this is a way to record my own memories 🙂

Hope to see you around!

Eduardo

Googler

Welcome @EduardoC! I also love looking back and seeing where I have visited by revisiting reviews or photos I've shared on Google Maps. 🙂

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 7

Hola a Todos:

yo.jpg

Nombre: Luis

Lugar: Tegucigalpa, Honduras

Que amo de convertime en Local Guide:  me gusta explorar el mundo y viajar por todos los lugares posibles y me gusta la idea de poder a ayudar a otros a conocer un poco de los lugares que visito

Me gusta compartir: fotos, comentarios y tips

Como escuche acerca de Local Guide: pues una vez que tome una foto google me sugirio subirla a Google Maps y luego me recomendo unirme a Local Guides asi que empece hace unos 2 meses como Guia local en Agosto, 2016

Un poco acerca de mi: me gusta hacer amistades por todo el mundo y conocer lugares.

Level 8

Hey, even though I've joined local guides connect for a while now and attended the LG summit 2016, I haven't introduced myself properly:

Photo of me at the Google Merchandise StorePhoto of me at the Google Merchandise Store

1. Name: Saad
  2. Location: Dammam, Saudi Arabia 
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: Being able to edit Google Maps and see edits live and being used and interacted with
  4. I love to share: my knowledge of the real world but usually behind the scenes
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I transitioned to local guides through Map Maker where I've been active since it opened up in my country in 2011
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I love to 3D model homes and architectural concepts
Googler

@Saad_AlDossary Nice to see your introduction out here in the "wild," haha! 🙂

Level 3

Hi, my 2 cents and a question to other recent additions.

1. Name: Daniël
  2. Location: Maastricht, Netherlands
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: Helping others not get frustrated over incorrect or incomplete data
  4. I love to share: Very little to everyone and a lot to a select few
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: Started editing data today and enrolled
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I also just started the quest against the floodgates that have just been opened on my spam-box, either caused by joining Local Guides or by an edit+review in Google Mapmaker....

@ Everyone that just joined: are you also experiencing an insane increase in spam? I just went from 3 a day to 33 in the last 7 hours 😐

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been here for a couple to a few weeks and haven't seen any increase in spam. I get a few every few hours and it's stayed the same volume (using Gmail).

And welcome!

Level 3

Welcome @EduardoC! I studied abroad in Barcelona 2 years ago and absolutely LOVED it there. I still hope to go back one day 😄

Level 7

Hi Everyone, I've been here a few months and hope to become more active in the forums. Here's a bit about me:

14445204_10100140845837345_4021130740300727572_o.jpg

1. Name: Adam
  2. Location: Rancho Cucamonga, California, USA 
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I think it's so cool to be able to see that a photo that I took is getting so many views on Maps, and that those photos are helping people make informed decisions on where to eat or visit. 
  4. I love to share: Photos, Enhancement Ideas
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I received an email about the program and loved the idea, so I set out reviewing and taking pics of places in my community.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I'm an avid gamer and sports fan. Even though I live in Southern California, I love my teams from where I grew up, so I'm an Oakland A's fan in a sea of Dodgers and Angels!