Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Re: Introduce Yourself - May 2018

Here is a little about me:

1. Name: Ankit Mishra
  2. Location: Bengaluru, India
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: Local Guide is a way to share our review / feedback to complete online committee, on the other hand we get to know about place near or far you which may be of our interest from Shopping to Travel and lot more.  
  4. My favorite [place / thing / cuisine / other] to exploreAs a proud Vegetarian, I keep looking for restaurants around cities I travel, alone or with family friends. Majorly they are Indian Dishes from Best samosa of the town to the sweeties desert that you can get in late nights.  

Fun Fact about me: Every year I and my brother plan a trip where we just make sure we only have our transportation included rest no money at all. Its we who have to make accommodation, Food and local travelling arrangement without money. So to do this till now we had done : Making friends via social media from city we chose to travel, had Job interview arrangement, Internships and such stupid stuff to make sure we get all arrangement without money. Just like this we made so many friends and good relation ships and we still plan to continue. 

Background: My base is from Center Part of India (Madhya Pradesh), I'm an Master in Marketing + Electrical Engineer by education, working for a Swedish Player in Bengaluru having +8 years experience in DM. 

Level 10

Great story @ankitmishra travelling without any money, Incredible.

You should tell it in more details, I am very very corious about that.

Please inform me if you uploading the story  of no money needed journey, how many days and how far is your journey.

Tag (@BudiFXW) in your post or comment, I will happily to connect with you.
Level 7

1. Name: I am Amarachi Florence Okpunobi

2. Location: Awka, Anambra State, Nigeria

3. What do I love about being a Local Guide:

Being a local guide feels great, I love being a local guide because its is what I love doing. I am a photographer so to me it feels good that I am helping the world in the little way that I can. I also love reviewing places that I love an know very well like Nelen Studios in Awka, the home of African Arts and culture. I also love to share my ideas about things and places that intersts me so much, with google Local Guide, the world gets to hear about it. 

4. How did I hear about Local Guides: My friend and colleague, Uceey10,  told me about Google Local Guide, she said alot of things that got me interested. I already had google Map on my phone but wasn't using it. I then opened an account and started mapping the world. I gt to learn how to contribute and help people with locations through my reviews.   I downloaded the Google maps app and when I saw the start contributing icon, I clicked and started doing my part to make the world a easier place for people to locate with adequate and reliable information.

Fun Fact About Me: I love adventures, I love traveling, I have flay in writing, so I do much review of places I know very well. I love being natural and have great admiration for natural life.  I am always happy to be with, I have no dull moment.

Local Guides Feeling: One thing I love most in life is helping people, especially in discovering who they are and where they want to go. Google Local guide makes me feel happy that I am really helping people with my contributions. Being a Local Guide also help me develop my skill in photography and I feel excited about this.I also feel happy when ever I have meet ups with my community, am from Awka community. 

Background: I am an African girl child.I from a village, Ebiem-Ekpomaka, in Ebonyi State,  South East region of Nigeria. I stay and grew-up with my family and I have come to love our culture especially our mode of dressing, foods and music. I have come to love myself and Africa.

Level 6

Hi @ankitmishra

Welcome to the global community of Local Guide Connect.

Nice to know your impressive background and experiences.

Wish you the best of luck and success.

Regards,

Thokchom DS, india

Level 2

Hi I m new member of local guide family. Please suggest me now what should I do.. Thanku 

Regards 

Indresh 

India

Level 6

Re: Introduce Yourself — May 2018

Hi @Chuks007s

Nice to know you. You are welcome to the Global community of Local Guide Connect.

Best of luck !

Regards,

Thokchom DS

Level 6

Hi @Indresh

Nice and welcome to the Global community of Local Guide Connect.

My name is Thokchom DS from India.

Good luck !

Regards,

Level 5

Re: Introduce Yourself — May 2018

Good morning, Chuks! Greetings from Indianapolis, Indiana, USA! Welcome!

Connect Moderator

Re: Carnaval Rio de Contas 2018

Welcome to Local Guides @KAPILPARIHAR there are lots of ways to contribute to Google Maps that help everyone around you

Note I will move your post to the Introduce Yourself post for this month as this isn't a place to share selfies.

The best ways to contribute and get points are
* Add new places
* Add meaningful quality photos to places
* Edit places to update them to correct information.
* Review and rate places you’ve experienced and tell us about them
* Add photos to places you visit

Never review places you have not personally visited or used.
Good luck in your journey as a Local Guide.

There are loads of great tips in this forum Getting Started for how to get the most out of Connect.

If you haven't already consider introducing yourself on this post

Regards Paul

Connect Moderator

Re: Photograghy

Welcome to Local Guides @akash39 there are lots of ways to contribute to Google Maps that help everyone around you

I will move your selfie to the introduce yourself post for this month.

The best ways to contribute and get points are
* Add new places
* Add meaningful quality photos to places
* Edit places to update them to correct information.
* Review and rate places you’ve experienced and tell us about them
* Add photos to places you visit

Never review places you have not personally visited or used.
Good luck in your journey as a Local Guide.

There are loads of great tips in this forum Getting Started for how to get the most out of Connect.

If you haven't already consider introducing yourself on this post

Regards Paul