Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Introduce Yourself - May 2018

Hello world !

Here is my short introduction

12654183_931237606971852_6537024613767805525_n.jpg

1. Name: Kishore 
  2. Location: Maharashtra, India
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: it gives me really joy while knowing that my contributions are helping through Google map. This keeps me going for the voluntary contribution of photos adding places, reviews etc. loving to being the part of this massive family. 
  4. I love to share: I love clicking pictures and sharing it along with adding new places, writing reviews, answering questions about places I know. I absolutely enjoy adding new places to Google Maps which are yet not available in map.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I always use Google Map wherever I travel and after writing reviews of some places I came to know for being a Local Guide. 
  6. Fun Fact About Me: Just now I came to know regarding Local Guides Connect. I love to travel a lot, visiting tourist attractions and taking pictures of beautiful places. 
Level 9

Welcome Kishore to the LG family.Happy Mapping

Level 3

I'm new to this but thought I'd pop in and say hi and introduce myself.

1. Name: Evalena Styf
  2. Location: London, United Kingdom (born in Sundsvall, Sweden)
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: I don't know yet, but what I hope is to be able to help mapping out accessible locations, venues, shops, events etc for others who like me have limited mobility. I love travelling and I'm passionate about communication and equal opportunities, so this seemed like a good idea. I petitioned google for more accessible info on google maps and got an email saying I should join so here I am. 
  4. My favorite thing to exploreI realise this may sound very weird indeed, but one place I always make sure to visit and take pictures of wherever I go is the bathroom. So often people claim their facilities are accesible and then they turn out to have a bathroom that is not. For years now, I've been taking pics and vids of every public bathroom I've come across and have recently started to write a blog and make videos about accessible travel and life in the vast parallell universe of the unwell.

Fun Fact about me: Not sure about fun, but maybe funny as in peculiar is the fact that I have a hyperactive immune system. I cannot meet with people who are ill in any way as that immediately makes me ill too. It's just that while they may have a cold, this can manifest as a major inflammation in, say, one of my knees. And there it will fester for weeks or even months while my immune system eats my own cells rather than the foreign invaders that made me sick to begin with. This has been going on my entire life and I am now running out of joint linings and soft tissue which means my mobility is restricted, my pain is constant and my partner is a wheelchair. 

Background: I'm a Swedish anglophile who moved to the UK to pursue a career within education and education management. I retired because of my poor health in 2012.

Level 6

Hi @Anonymous

Nice to know you.

You are heartily welcome to the world of  Local Guide Connect.

Level 9

Nice to meet u @Cheva

I am masbi from indonesia

Level 6

Hi @evalenastyf

You are heartily welcome to the global community of Local Guide Connect.

Level 8

HI @evalenastyf

Warm welcome to the world of LG's. 

Please share your experiences with us. 

Thanks 

Level 10

Hi @Anonymous

Warm welcome to Local Guides Connect Community.

• Go through the helpful articles in theHelp Desk. 
    • Interact and communicate freely with other Local Guides
    • Share your discoveries and experiences
    • Search the community before posting as others may have asked your question (and received an answer) already.

Best Regards 
      Rezgar
Level 10

Hi @evalenastyf

Warm welcome to Local Guides Connect Community.

• Go through the helpful articles in theHelp Desk. 
    • Interact and communicate freely with other Local Guides
    • Share your discoveries and experiences
    • Search the community before posting as others may have asked your question (and received an answer) already.

Best Regards 
      Rezgar
Level 7

@evalenastyf

Welcome, my dear...