Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 1

Introduce Yourself - May 2018

A little about me:

Graduation Pic.jpg A Little About Me:

1. Name: Cheryl W. aka PearlHarbor1966 or PH1966 for short
  2. Location: Springfield/Dayton, Ohio area; born in California but raised on a Dairy Farm in Antigo, WI.
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: I do not know specifically yet because I just signed up about an hour ago.  I think I am going to enjoy getting to know my own community better.  I tend to be a home body and I am going to use this as an excuse to get out more and to explore my surroundings.  I hope to meet people in person and people like you (whoever is reading this) through virtual means.  I think this is going to be more fun than Pokemon GO!
  4. My favorite [place / thing / cuisine / other] to explore: My husband is a student at Wright State University working on his Master’s degree in Museum studies.  This means he takes me to a lot of museums.  We also go to a lot of local and state preservation areas.  We shop like everyone else at local grocery stores but we also like to frequent farmer’s markets and we enjoy natural living.  We enjoy camping, fishing, and traveling.  Are we allowed to document for Google outside of our designated “Home Town” location?  For instance, as visitors of a place while camping and / or traveling, can we continue to add to Google Maps?

Fun Fact about me: I am a mom of five wonderful adults and a grandmother to six awesome little people with big smiles.  I love to work with natural fibers (Llama, Alpaca, Sheep etc.) by picking, carding, roving, spinning, and plying fiber into yarn.  I have a BA in Integrated Language Arts and a Master of Education degree.  I used to teach high school English.  I currently drive school bus.

Background: I was raised in Wisconsin on a Dairy Farm.  I love animals as a result and so do my children and grandchildren.  The grand kids are following the tradition of going to fair with rabbits, goat, ducks and chickens.  In one year with my kids, we took to the fair: one horse, three dairy feeders, one goose, several ducks, some chickens, a few pygmy goats, several Boer goats (meat goats), an Alpine goat (milk goat named Marshmallow), and four rabbits.  I am not sure that I have not forgotten something.  It was a crazy year of running from one show to the next.  The kids all wanted me to be at all of their shows, but some of them happened simultaneously.  I did my best.  I currently own063.jpg

a Belgian Malinois named Dasie,

068.jpg

a Coonhound named Sadie,

125.jpg

and an 18 year old cat named Speedy. 

I can’t wait to get started.

I will gladly welcome any advise anyone can give on how to earn points as fast as possible so I can move up in the ranks and earn rewards.

Sincerely,

PH1966

Springfield, OH, USA
6 comments
Level 8

Re: Introduce Yourself - May 2018

Dear @PearlHarbor1966 good to read your introducing post. I request @ArielleM_ plese move her introduction post here to Introduce-Yourself-May-2018

Former Google Contributor

Hi @bdmafuz,

We're all in the same thread. If you click on "page 1" you'll see that my post if the first. If there's anything else you'd like me to merge to Introduce-Yourself-May-2018, just tag myself or another moderator. 

Thanks!

Level 6

Hi @PearlHarbor1966 and welcome to local guides , 

it is great to know you and please enjoy your time with us.

cheers 

Amr

Level 9

You are an awesome granny @PearlHarbor1966. I love your simple life... Shine on! 

Cheers! 

Anita 

A-Beta
Level 1

Thank you, very nice to meet you (so to speak).  Thank you for the Kudo.

PH1966

Level 1

Yes, ArielleM, I used your template for my post.  The format of the prompts.  I liked your post.  You have a cute kitty and puppy as well.

PH1966