GusMoreira's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Re: Introduce Yourself - May 2017

@ДамирО Could you please add the following details to your post so everyone can get to know more about you.

Nice photo by the way

1. Name: 
  2. Location:
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: 
  4. I love to share: 
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides:
  6. Fun Fact About Me:
Level 9

@Anonymous 

@DianaO wrote:

Name:  Diana

What do I love about being a Local GuideThe opportunity to share my experiences with others who are looking for ideas and recommendations.

I love to shareReviews, photos, experiences (be it good or bad).  When I am not familiar with something I am about to venture on (be it a restaurant to eat at, or best route for a trip, or price estimates on repairs or mechanic reviews) I always look online to see what others have said to help make my decision.  Love having the chance to 'give back' with my reviews!

How did I hear about Local Guides: After posting a review, it popped up 🙂

Fun Fact About Me: Taught my cat to walk on a leash after moving to an area where he couldn't roam safely outdoors with cars and other animals in the complex.  He's well known in our apartment complex!

@Anonymous It's great to have you in our community. Why don't you post a picture of yourself to complete your intro.

Good luck with mapping and wish you all the best

Level 8

1. Name: Tommy
  2. Location: Orlando, FL USA
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love making cool contributions to make others lives just that much easier!
  4. I love to share: Cool photos, unique photos or places and FOOD of course 🙂  Also love leaving reviews! 
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: Playing with it on my phone, always thought it was cool, so started reading more about things associated with contributing and here i am!
  6. Fun Fact About Me: In additional to be a Local Guide, i own an IT firm and my wife owns a Aerial Imaging (Drone) company here in Orlando, FL.
  7. tommyjet.jpg
Level 3

1. Name: Damien
  2. Location: Mons, Belgium
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: Helping people put images and comments on their wishes. They picture something they, I help them find the right place with the right contact infos, a pretty fair review ...etc
  4. I love to share: I love to share me feelings about a place I liked. Helping people find the right place can improve their trip(s)
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I just got an invitation on GMaps and immediately signed up
  6. Fun Fact About Me: Well, being student, my travel and restaurant budgets are pretty low, so I'm happy when I can afford something and my reviews are generally pretty kind !Photo PURE.jpg

Photo taken at the North Sea coast in Belgium

Level 8

1. Name: Val
  2. Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I always appreciated what people had to say about the places they've been and so enjoy doing the same for others.
  4. I love to share: Pictures because they clarify everything!
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: After a few years of leaving reviews on maps, I got an invite email to be a guide from Google! I had already done so many, I started at a level 3! Then I was ever more excited and enthusiastic to continue reviewing 😄
  6. Fun Fact About Me:                     I am technologically​ challenged and only became comfy with my smart phone and all its apps thanks to Google, where user friendly lives!
Level 9

@ValV wrote:
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I always appreciated what people had to say about the places they've been and so enjoy doing the same for others.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: After a few years of leaving reviews on maps, I got an invite email to be a guide from Google! I had already done so many, I started at a level 3! Then I was ever more excited and enthusiastic to continue reviewing 😄
  6. Fun Fact About Me:                     I am technologically​ challenged and only became comfy with my smart phone and all its apps thanks to Google, where user friendly lives!

@TommyBayshore @DamienV Welcome to this great community. It would be a perfect introduction if you can add a recent picture of yours to your post

Good luck and happy mapping

Level 9

@ValV wrote:

@Val_V Welcome to this great community. It would be a perfect introduction if you can add a recent picture of yours to your post

Good luck and happy mapping

Level 3

@SumuduH Done !

Level 7

Introduce Yourself - May 2017

1. Name: Ciphy Zennita
  2. Location: Jakarta Indonesia (Originally Surabaya)
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love the fact that I can meet people from all over the world and make a lot of friends! And also I'm a new place happiness seeker, I love travelling, I love meet new friends, taking photo place I visit. I have a blog to review Hotels and Foods, but it doesn't work because I dont have community to easy to share with, I think this community of Local Guide's it's good choice to have community and good to shares to everyone else all around the world.
  4. I love to share: Besides mapping, I love photography so wherever I go I try to take nice pictures to post them on Google Maps. 
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: After a some time working with Map Maker I saw this amazing group of people who share the same passion as I do.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I love to discover local foods everywhere I go and also love to fly. I fly once a week from Jakarta to Sby. Also, I'm used to flying for business trip and for holiday. Where to meet me? Just stay tuned to photo that I upload, then You'll find me.
Level 9

Benny AnderssonBenny AnderssonHave you explored the area north of the POLAR CIRCLE - If not! Let me be you Local Guide - in Kiruna, Sweden.

Thanks to Google I now know my birth- and home town Örebro (middle Sweden) even better. Now I will move and explore the most north of Sweden, one year - with my French girlfriend Ludivine.

So do not hesitate to contact me there. I will mark and tag the places, be sure!!

Name: Benny Andersson
Location: Örebro, Sweden / From July Kiruna - most north town in Sweden - above polar circle
What do I love about being a Local Guide: To be a Local Guide is a wonderful way to learn more about my own neighbourhood. And a great tool to share new experiences.
I love to share: When it comes to ART - my interests is how to use communication and information as a source for art/and medium for art. For me to be a Local Guides includes also higher intellectuel values - shared with and depending of you!!!
How did I hear about Local Guides: Exploring bew functions in the
Fun Fact About Me: I have the same name as a member in the Swedish music group ABBA; easy to remember my name for Swedish people.

My 1-minute video for #LGSummit17

https://goo.gl/photos/ws7Gxyc7qTevrsej8

Benny & LudivineBenny & LudivineI am also artist as my girlfriend Ludivine. Now we start to learn about screen print. We both work with art video and installations. Mapping is a keyword in my own art practice. I often also use Google Photo automation functions as a "partner" to explore my own photography practice. Picture recognition and animations. Last year we did succesfully run a pop-up art gallery in the little French town Montargis. A new vernissage each week - every Thursday during two month.

What’s happen next?

My town Örebro do each second year hold an outdoor art exhibition - the biennial OpenART www.openart.se

This is after ten year the biggest outdoor art exhibition in Scandinavia (Norway, Sweden) both in numbers of artists and time; 3 month. I with girlfriend are proud to have been selected as assistants (from the town, beside her “own”) for world famous Japanese artist Chiharu Shiota http://www.chiharu-shiota.com/en/

I expect that many thousands of the visitor to the exhibition also gonna find their way from information I have been adding to Google Maps.

Following in Swedish // Om du är Local Guide och befinner dig i Sverige eller i Örebro län så hoppas jag att du kommer med i gruppen Örebro Local Guides

https://plus.google.com/communities/111857519782562210525?hl=sv