GusMoreira's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Introduce Yourself - May 2017

Hi @PhilipMnangat, thank you so much for being a part of LG family. From the picture it can be concluded that you are graduated from a university. So congratulations as well.

OK keep on contributing. Best wishes!

@PhilipM wrote:
  1. Name: Philip Mnang'at
  2. Location: Kapenguria, KENYA
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love the fact that I can make edits into maps and they help people easily to access what they want to.
  4. I love to share: I love travelling and discovering new places and I always relay them to people who follow me in social media 
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I heard about local guides from my lead moderator north rift local guides, He encouraged me to join and participate in the program. And surely I started enjoying mapping very much.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I love making friends and keeping them. I love solving logic puzzles20161104_081326.jpg

Level 10

@JS7,

Being active in this phase of life, you are the great source of inspiration for us. I wish you for healthy & happy long life. Thank you so much for contributing. 

@JohnH wrote:

I will try this again following the format.  Name:John H.  Location: Sacramento California USA. What do I love about being a local guide:  showing photos I take and reading all the mail from others.  What do I love to share:  where I have been and what I see.  How did I hear about guides:  I don't remember it has been awhile and I am getting older than most all of you.  Fun facts:  I am 70 years old this November and I love doing almost everything I collect stuff I take photos alto.  People are fascinating to me and there are so many.

@GusM wrote:

As "Introduce Yourself" threads get quite long, we start new ones regularly and lock the old ones. Be sure to check the old threads to see who already joined and where they are from (simply search "Introduce Yourself"). If you're new, please use this thread to post your "I'm new" or "Hello world" posts. We will move any we find into here to keep the site organized. 

I will get us started:

1. Name: Gus
  2. Location: New York, USA (originally from Brazil)
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love the fact that I can meet people from all over the world and make a lot of friends!
  4. I love to share: Besides mapping, I love photography so wherever I go I try to take nice pictures to post them on Google Maps. 
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: After a some time working with Map Maker I saw this amazing group of people who share the same passion as I do. Why not join, eh!?
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I love to discover local foods everywhere I go and also love to fly (as a passenger and as a pilot)

FB_IMG_1491011820542.jpg

Level 10

Hello @ArthurG

since you get afraid from flight so you have other options like ships or trains etc for travelling. Thank you so much for being a part of us. Please include your photo in this post. Have a good time.

@ArthurG wrote:
  1. Name: Arthur
  2. Location: Essex, Hertfordshire East, North London, U.K (originally from Zimbabwe)
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love the fact that I can help by adding content but it's also great fun as I enjoy photography and tech.
  4. I love to share: Besides mapping, I love photography so wherever I go I try to take nice pictures to post them on Google Maps. 
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: Google pop up suggested this to me since I post photos on Facebook, Google photos and Instagram
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I am a great traveller. I love destinations I visit but don't like the idea of flying as I am a nervous flyer.

Level 10

Re: Introduce myself

Nice to hear from you @SaifulI. Your introduction will best fit in  Introduce Yourself - May 2017 thread. So please introduce yourself there in detail with photo also so that a lot of fellow LG like us are able to know you.

Level 9

@BishowvijayaP hahaha.. actually I don't have many gadgets 🙂 photography is my hobby and I'm a nature lover.

Level 8

Re: Introduce myself

Hi @SaifulI Your post has been moved to the right place.

Level 9

@ArthurG welcome to Local Guides Connect. I visited Essex Colchester many times in 2008. nice to meet you here 🙂

Level 2

Thank you IlankovanT. I'm still learning how this works. Nothing much has changed since 2008. I am very close to the M25 in the Lea Valley/Epping Forest are. Nice places for walks and cycling as well as white water rafting. Where are you based?

Level 9

Hello Local Guides This is MeHello Local Guides This is MeHello Local Guides This is Me

NAME: OSAMA  (Son,Husband,Father & a Pharmacist)

With My Daughter AnoodWith My Daughter Anood

AMMAN,JORDAN FLAGAMMAN,JORDAN FLAGAMMAN,JORDAN FLAG

What I Love About Being A Local Guide :

I Love The Fact That People Naturally love to Share the Advice (For Free)  About where to go for Restaurant, Shopping,  & tourist or Just spend quite  nice time with family. I love Maps & before Google Maps I buy a Map & (search about Yellow Pages in the hotel 🙂 for every country i visit ,but now its much easier

to see all the world from your mobile navigate the city search about Places & see the real feedback from you about your experiences  and you see my feedback , About me this save a lot of Time & Money  that spend in searching the internet or reading about the city i will visit , With Google Local Guides We Can Help Millions of People and of course we can help each others as A Local Guides Community 

how to tie your shoes & how to use Google maps ( Share location , traffic , contributions) will be critical  Life skills for this century and this what i try to teach my Three daughters.

I LOVE TO SHARE :

When My Father died  i was a teenager my family give me the Shopping Responsibility with a tight budget to buy all the grocery list, so i practice to search about best quality with best price & now after 20 years  i have my own family i still do the same, I LOVE SHOPPING  compare prices ,wait the 70% sale

the free parking not crowded places , & i love to share how i enjoy my time with my kids which resturant , children museum , Gardens , Playing Areas .....

20170420_085225.jpg

How I Hear About Local Guides :

its a funny story : i visit Netherland for business i stay in a nice Hotel and go vegetarian for two days in the 3rd day i go with friend to a turkish restaurant and it was a very very tasty we try the majority of the menu , when i come back i upload the pics on google maps, @ that time i don't know about Local guides after couple of days i receive  an email from google : (Thanks for adding photos to Google Maps! Your New Photo is a great addition to google maps Millions of people rely on photos like yours when they search for places. Thanks for sharing your photos with the world. You're invited to join Local Guides! )

I accept the invite without any delay and start to make the world better place as much as i can.

Fun Fcats About Me : one of few men on earth who love & enjoy Playing With kids all the day ( there is a child inside me )

Ikea Ice creamIkea Ice cream

Where to Meet:

See You All Soon in

San francisco , Jordan & Your City 

wish you all the best because you make your best you bring something amazing and valuable to life of thousands of Local Guides and make it easy to help each other Thank you .....

Level 10

hi @OSAMA

thank you for introduction !

Add, Edit, Explore More ! || Google Maps Contributions || Gujju Local Guides on G+