GusMoreira's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Introduce Yourself - May 2017

As "Introduce Yourself" threads get quite long, we start new ones regularly and lock the old ones. Be sure to check the old threads to see who already joined and where they are from (simply search "Introduce Yourself"). If you're new, please use this thread to post your "I'm new" or "Hello world" posts. We will move any we find into here to keep the site organized. 

I will get us started:

1. Name: Gus
  2. Location: New York, USA (originally from Brazil)
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love the fact that I can meet people from all over the world and make a lot of friends!
  4. I love to share: Besides mapping, I love photography so wherever I go I try to take nice pictures to post them on Google Maps. 
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: After a some time working with Map Maker I saw this amazing group of people who share the same passion as I do. Why not join, eh!?
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I love to discover local foods everywhere I go and also love to fly (as a passenger and as a pilot)

FB_IMG_1491011820542.jpg

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages.
Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.
1,343 comments
Level 4

Introduce myself

Hello guys, I am Saiful Islam. I am a level 4 local guide from Dhaka,Bangladesh. I am working on mapping up my village on google map.

Level 8

Introduce myself

Hi,

My name is CarMac and I'm from Bilbao in Spain. 

I'm level 5 in Google Maps and I like.

I like photography Ann play My tenor Sax. 

I show you many photos from the places where I have been and I hope you to enjoy with them. 

Bye,

CarMac

Level 7

Hi. Im Walker Aguilar from Cochabamba - Bolivia

1. Name: Walker
  2. Location: Cochabamba - Bolivia
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love the fact that my contributions have a great impact on my city and country, showing my city to all world.
  4. I love to share: I love to add and edit places. Because my city is very nice place and i need show to world.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: Im heared on the facebook and im very happy to mark all places and starting the local guide on my city
  6. Fun Fact About Me: Always after the travel im tired and sleep on the bus or car and my camera turn down, and on ths moment im wake up 🙂
Anonymous
Not applicable

Introduce Yourself - May 2017

[REDACTED]

Here is who I am:

Name:  Mruthunjay Goud

What do I love about being a Local Guide: I enjoy reviewing small businesses in the local area by sharing my personal experiences with other locals and help them find the up-to-date information on google map.

I love to share:  I love to add Photos and edit places. Wherever I go I try to use "Check the Facts" and look for missing information

How did I hear about Local Guides: I was invited to Google Local Guide via email.

Fun Fact about Me:  I enjoy traveling; I love to discover local foods and places everywhere I go.

.At RFC, Hyderabad, India.At RFC, Hyderabad, India.

Level 10

Re: Introduce Yourself - May 2017

Hello/नमस्कार/¡Hola! Fellow guides, I am not new here but I haven't introduced myself yet. So this time I have managed a little time to introduce myself with this local guide world. First of all I would like to thank all local guides for being here, contributing to the map and thus revealing the world day by day.

1. Name: Bishowvijaya Pandey
  2. Location: Kathmandu, Nepal
  3. What do I love being a Local Guide: Every year approx. 800 thousand foreigners visit my nation. When I look around a map the most tourist destinations are already been there in the map. But there are more such areas of public concern like hospitals, schools, emergency services, security offices and a lot more which are, I think, mandatory in map & are still not included. Being a local guide I love to add them in the map. Also there are a lot of places over the country which are yet to be explored in the map. Since there is unmanaged urbanization so places are difficult to be found. So my sole intension is to ease the commune life and explore the nation over the world. I am in accordance with the motto of LG Connect: 'Spread the love and get some back'. Also the occurrence of devastating earthquake in 2015 made me feel the necessity of map a lot. Since a lot of guides are exploring the places so why not me. Contributing to the map is also being sociable more than before. I always love to be sociable.
  4. I love to share: Photos, reviews and additional information of the places in a map. My opinions over the posts, experiences, achievements, posts helpful to new LGs, stories about the places and many more in LG forum.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: Actually I am unsure how I entered here but I am sure that I am not here by any referral. Since 2 years ago I tried to add places in mapmaker but my contributions were denied. Then I left mapmaker. Later I thought to add birthplace to the map. At that time I found the new platform Google map. It fascinated me a lot.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I love to visit new places not even in group only but also alone too. I love to observe different realms of nature very closely. My subject of interest are Physics and literature. To be bearded sometimes is also my hobby.

Thanks a lot for providing your valuable time to read this post. You all are welcomed to be my friend here. Check my profile and hit the 'Add Friend' button.IMG_20170228_131254.jpg

Level 9

@GusMoreira It's a good idea to start this new thread for the new month. It is fascinating to see how many new members were there during last month. It's great to see this network grows day by day

Warm welcome to all the new members to connect and I'm pretty sure you have an amazing time out here.

keep mapping and doing good things for the world and this is my own way of welcoming you 

thumbs up to new members!thumbs up to new members!

Level 9

Nice to read your introduction again @GusMoreira, I am a food lover too and enjoy travelling, but can only do it as a passenger while flying:)

Level 9

Hey @BishowvijayaP, as you have formally introduced yourself in the forum. A warm welcome to local guides connect!:)

We enjoy you posts, especially about the favourite pet.

Happy mapping!

Level 9

Nice to seen you around @SumuduH.

Happy mapping!