YanniY's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Introduce Yourself - January 2017

Hi, this is ARUN C MEHTA, located in New Delhi, India. I am working as a Professor in a National University. I have been a google active user for last so many years. I feel happy to add new locations on the google map. I have been moving around India and travelled a lot out of the Country also. Never thought about becoming a Local Google Guide. Recently I was in USA and had extensively used Google Maps. I was offered to write reviews of places that I visited. I just started like it, a month back  and soon got addicted to Google Map and now have acquired the status of Local Guide Level 5. I would like to share my views as how we can further improve Google Maps. I am looking local Google Guides in New Delhi and around.

Thanks

Level 8

Re: Introduce Yourself - March 2017

Thanks 

@FranciscoR wrote:

Welcome to all, we are growing up fast...

Level 6

1. Name: Roos
  2. Location: Netherlands
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: Posting pictures and reviews so other people can get to know more about the city 🙂
  4. I love to share: I love to share photos, it tells so much more than just reviews
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: My phone gave me notifications everytime I visited a place and I decided to react to those!
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I love taking pictures of nature all around the world. I hope someday I`ll be able to travel a lot!
Philosophy student wanting to explore the world!
Level 8

Hello, let me introduce myself too:

1. Name: Rafa
  2. Location: La Linea de la Concepción (Spain)
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: Fill the map because i use it a lot, so i contribute with the idea. And to put in the map my area that is very nice and very bad comunicated. Here you have Gibraltar very close, in a boat of 30min Africa, another town call Tarifa that is hippie and kitesurf point and if u go to the other side have beutiful White Villages full with pots with flowers or the most poshy places like Sotogrande o Marbella. So its really nice the mixture to visit!! And i know the places to really enjoy it!
  4. I love to share: I wrote it before. In my life i also like to share when you share the fun is more.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: Writting a review i notice it, so I started to do it more normally.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I'm a dog lover who likes to travel and meet new people and other cultures.
Level 5

@AndrewC,

Good onya mate! My wife and I toured New Zealand a few years and my wife has been there many times to train people relating to her employer's software.We have lived in California for over 10 years.

May the Google be with you!

Cheers,

Zed star.

Level 5

@Jarvis_,

Welcome mate....you will have some fun putting places on the map.

Cheers,

Zed star.

Level 6

hi everyone,

since this month i'm oon the platform to. And its been interesting to!!

1. NAME: Mikey Cattoor

2. LOCATION: Land= Belgium

city= Oostende and Gistel.

3. WHAT DO I LOVE ABOUT BEING A LOCAL GUIDE:

I love to edit alott off things around my city and other things in my land. It give mee a pleasing feeling knowing that i can tribut for other people in the world. When you wanne search something, you want correct information that you can find directly on the net. Getting in touch with other people that are doing the same is pleasent. Because you can teach each other different things and together we are one!!

4. I LOVE TO SHARE: 

I do it because i know for myself that if i wanne go to somewhere i first look to comments if the place is OK or GOOD. And because of that i do the same for other people and modify the correct info at the most places.

5. HOW DID I HEAR ABOUT LOCAL GUIDE:

I never heard about once in my life, it was coincidence because i wass looking around on the app. 

6. FUN FACT ABOUT MEE:

My dream is to beginn a orphanage in a 3th world country.

Level 5

Introduce Yourself - March 2017
  1. Name: Fidelio
  2. Location: Dominican Republic
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: Search of places not found in Google Maps. Posting pictures and reviews, with this everybody can get to know more about my country.
  4. I love to share: I love to share photos of every place I visit, and every meal I eat in a restaurant.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I use Google Maps everyday and I noticed some notifications about the places I visited, then I began to write reviews. After that I recieved an e-mail from Google.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: In the past, I criticised my wife because she always was taking pictures to our meals, now I realised she was doing the right thing for me to be a Local Guide 😄
Level 3

1. Name: Jörg - if you are Umlaut-challenged, Joerg is totally fine
  2. Location: Chicago
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: Just the ability to value and explore my neighborhood more
  4. I love to share: Just tiny small insights
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I think it popped up on Google Maps
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I'm a physicist/data scientist by trade
Level 5

@JoergR 

Good onya mate!Chicago is an awesome city.My favorite movie of all time...The Blues Brothers was made there.The incrediblly talented John Belushi was so funny.We were last there a few years ago when my wife attended a big conference staged by her employer...a very large health care company.All the best with the local guides.

Cheers,

Zed star.