YanniY's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 1

Ich stelle mich vor

Hallo ihr alle,wer auch immer das liest auf dieser Welt an jedem Ort 

Ich bin Sandy aus Zürich Schweiz und lebe in Altstetten. 

Bin im Oktober 38J alt und zur Zeit Single

Toll,dass man auch andere Themen ansprechen kann und andere Reaktionen erhält... Nicht immer diesen Mist wie bei Facebook o so...😉

Wer was über die Stadt,das Land o so wissen will

Fragt. Was ich weiss,gebe ich gerne preis......Das bin ich und gerne ändere ich den Hintergrund meiner Bilder uswDas bin ich und gerne ändere ich den Hintergrund meiner Bilder usw

Level 8

Re: Introduce Yourself - March 2017

1. Name: Olmo (in english could be translated as Elm)
  2. Location: Salvador- BA, Brazil
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I work on the Historical Center of the first Brazil capital. Because of the rich history of this place is common to see lots of tourists around here. On local guides I feel I'm doing a very important job, helping the tourists and visitors. *After the Brazil independence, Salvador was the capital.
  4. I love to share: New places on google maps, when I saw a new opening of a store or a cafe and it is a great place to go I share, and I love to take pictures from some places which no one had taken yet.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: On july/2014 I'd sent a note to google maps, about some pin misplaced on the map. I'd made some contributions until I saw the news about the local guides, on December/2015.

Fun Fact About Me: Sometimes when I give some information for tourist on street I show the pictures I had taken and put on the map.

I would like to contribute with more relevant information than the app have

You turn next!KaiakKaiak

Level 5

@OlmoL,

Welcome to Local Guides Connect mate.......our neighbors are from Brazil here in Southern California.

Cheers,

Zed star.

Level 10

Thanks for intro.

Level 10

I am inspired by you. Would like to learn more from you. 

Regards

ProfArunCM

New Delhi

Level 9

@Zeds wrote:

Hi Everybody,

I'm an expat Aussie living in Southern California,USA.

NAME: Michael 

WHAT DO I LOVE ABOUT BEING A LOCAL GUIDE: The power to influence customer's choices

I LOVE TO SHARE: I love my photos being the headline photo that guides people on Google Maps

HOW DID I HEAR ABOUT LOCAL GUIDES: I received a number of emails from Local Guides last year 

FUN FACT ABOUT ME: I love karaoke.

Screen Shot 2017-03-30 at 12.33.28 PM.png

@Zeds your love for karaoke calls for a song, send us the link of you singing 🙂

Level 6

Name: Venkatesh

What do I love about being a Local Guide: 
The long and short of what I love being a Local Guide:
Short: I look it at as a truly ‘think global, and act local initiative’ which boosts the tourism, and makes it more transparent, competitive and reliable.
Long: Being a Tourism Industry professional, and a free-lance tour leader (I have been working as a local guide since 2011 literally, but not the Google’s local guide), Now, I am glad for the ‘Local Guide’ badge, which certainly added credibility to my profile.

My personal experience is that there are many people who love to look at the new places as how they are (as localities), as they believe ‘being a Roman in Rome, at least while roaming’.  So, this initiative brings out those authentic experiences to a platform that most people use while travelling (maps), and validates it through the reviews, which will certainly inspire more non-locals to understand the local culture, experience and travel confidently.

How did I hear about Local Guides: As an avid follower of Google (through the social media) It wasn’t difficult, but got delayed 😊

I love to share: I love to share my reviews in a way that are informative and authentic, which aids others in decision making.

Fun Fact About Me: Once I was assisting a group of students and travelling Gujarat, Rajasthan, Haryana and Delhi. Due to some reasons, we had to divide our self in smaller groups to reach a specific point in Delhi. After sometime I realized that we are lost. The people in my group were very confident, as I was with them (tour leader), later they learned that ‘the tour leader is different from the local guide’ 😊. During that time, I was not using the smart phone (so no maps), and I explained the scenario to one of my group members, who is a tech savvy and could able to get the WhatsApp pin location from the other group members who arrived to the location. And we got united again. Thanks to the new ‘share location’ update: https://youtu.be/u62nPKgLJeg .
12339416_1122150157818581_4612796896594607283_o-1030x773.jpg

Level 9

Hey @venkateshs, welcome to Local guides connect community!  

I am also from from Hyderabad, I and the other local guides from Hyderabad would love to meet you at the meet up I am organizing on 16 April, please see details below and accept the invitation in RSVP if you as free that day

Chacha Nehru Park

Masab Tank Main Road, Owaisi Pura, Masab Tank, Mahatma Gandhi Colony, Masab Tank, Hyderabad, Telangana 500028, India

April 16, 2017 @ 17:00

Cha cha Nehru park is a 13 acre green, lush and recently renovated park originally opened in 1988. It serves as the focal point for morning walkers and functions as a children’s playground with slides, swings and see-saws. The Park has long lawns and ample space for walkers. We can clearly mark and update the pond, yoga area, canteen, children's play area and the plants nursery which is very much required for this well visited and utilised park. We will meet at 5pm at the entrance of the park and navigate through the above stated pathways clockwise. Note: there is a five rupees entrance fees. Please come in walking shoes and comfortable clothes to enjoy our time by doing what we do best, take pictures, update information etc. There is free WiFi available for ACT broadband users, needless to say please have your batteries charged for this fun activity. Please see beliw link of the park Chacha Nehru Park Masab Tank Main Road, Owaisi Pura, Masab Tank, Mahatma Gandhi Colony, Masab Tank, Hyderabad, Telangana 500028 040 2339 5295https://goo.gl/maps/Tg3dK569CyN2

RSVP here

Level 5

@AslamMo,

This will have to do my friend ....in action at Mr Peabody's Bar & Grill in Encinitas,California.

Cheers,

Zed star.

Screen Shot 2017-03-30 at 8.24.27 PM.png

Level 8

Name: Saad Amin

What do I love about being a Local Guide: Traveling is my hobby , I want to help and help others , Being local guide I can share my photos , reviews that can help others , Too many places in my city I have added in google maps , I really love to keep exploring in google map .

I love to share:  I really love to share my photographs and reviews on maps . Its really feel better when I get the weekly photo views email that shows the total number of views of my photographs . 

How did I hear about Local Guides: I have just browsing about the benefits of using google maps . Few results let me know about local guides.

Fun Fact About Me: I keep wondering myself when I visit new places , most of the case I knew about the place but I keep surprising. 

my photo.jpg