cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Re: Introduce Yourself - March 2017

1. Name: Nabasa Wilson Alex
  2. Location: Kampala, Uganda
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: Loving my country, helping and sharing is what drives me to be a google local guide.
  4. I love to share: Everything about my city and country in particular, but most especially Businesses, Banks, Restaurants, Tourists attraction places and name it.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I discovered it on google plus and since childhood I have been using google map.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I take pictures everywhere and everything.
Level 5

Nice to see you Nabasa!

Dr.Sanjeev
Level 7

Thanks Sanjeev bhaee

Level 5

dada wewe ni kuwakaribisha

Dr.Sanjeev
Level 10

Introduction

Hello Everybody, Kumusta po kayo!

This is my first time to use Local Guide Connect and I'm really at a loss on how to use this!

Anyway, I'm Vic from the Philippines, specifically from the City of Pasig in the National Capital Region or Metro Manila. Somehow I got involved with Google Local Guides, maybe a month ago. I began contributing and posting photos, reviews and edits. As I go along, I become more passionate about LG, maybe because I'm doing a service and helping others. Then when I learned that I can be selected for LG Summit 2017 in San Francisco, it really pushed me to do more to ..... until I reached Level 5 a week ago.... and still contributing. Whew! amazing!

There seems to be no meet-ups or hostings of Local Guides in our city. I hope this post reach Manila LGs who are interested and we may start something interesting. By the way, I'm an avid walker, enjoying the sights wherever I go. 

Thank you. Maraming salamat!

Level 7

Hello,My name is Dr. Parth Patel from India.I want to know how to you become google moderator and what moderator generally do as a local guide??Your reply will help me.

Level 7

Hi all it's time to  introduce myself to the community.
Name: Rajesh Sharma
What do I love about being a Local Guide:
I love sharing the information I have about places I know and help tourist and other people decide.
I love to share:
I love to take photos and share them. I also love to share my knowledge and experiences about places I visit.
How did I hear about Local Guides:
I was searching of a place on Google Maps and was prompted to join Local Guides.
Fun Fact About Me:
I love photography and also love to travel new place.

@YanniY wrote:
The "Introduce Yourself" threads (you can find Jan 2017 and Feb 2017) get really long so we start new ones regularly and lock the old ones. Be sure to check the old threads to see who already joined and where they are from. If you're new, please use this thread to post your "I'm new" or "Hello world" posts. We will move any we find into here to keep the site organized.

Hi everyone! Welcome to Local Guides Connect.

Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the community.

To start, let me introduce myself:

1. Name: Yanni
  2. Location: Singapore
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: A single contribution from a Local Guide on Google Maps can help users around the world make informed decisions that could result in a wonderful experience. Amazing!
  4. I love to share: I love to share photos so that other Local Guides can see the world through my eyes.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I was sharing a review of a place on Google Maps and was prompted to join Local Guides.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I love photography and hoped that I could be a nature photographer next time. That’s me attempting to shoot a quokka that sneaked up on me!

Your turn next!

yanniandquokka.jpg

Level 7

Re: Hello From Steve Boykin in Glendale, California

Hello SusanH,

StephenB Local Guide in Glendale writing you to say Hi and invite you to a meet up I created. Burger Lovers LA, which is happening tomorrow, Sunday the 26th. It's at:

Jack's Classic Hamburgers

11375 Riverside Dr

Los Angeles, CA

Hope to see you there or meet up in Glendale sometime. Let me know what works for you.

StephenB

Level 2

Hello World! I'm a brand new guide! My name is Caron, and I'm from Olympia, WA. I love the Pacific Northwest, and I want to share some awesome local eats and fun places that are not in any guide books.

I'm discovering new places all the time! I love to find little art galleries, good chocolate, rich coffee, teas, delicious and eclectic food, and fun adventures.

I love to travel and learn about other places around the world too!

Level 8

Hi This is Vinod Kotiya Level 5 Local Guide from India.

I am Trekker and Mountaineer. Have crossed the Himalaya on foot. Visited all over India and  updated on Google Maps.

Mi pics on google maps have 20 Million view. I put first 360 degree shot of Mt Kailash and Mansarovar on Maps.

Pics and detail available on my blog http://vinodkotiya.blogspot.in