YanniY's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Introduce Yourself - March 2017

Name: Alexander

What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love to make people's life easier, to show them all area around and discover all the hidden treasures. 

I love to share: My best choice are photos and reviews from most interesting and exciting places.

How did I hear about Local Guides: I did it when I was trying to add some information on the map.

Fun Fact About Me: One life, one wife, four kids, hudreds travels, motocycles and diving

Happy familyHappy familyLove of my lifeLove of my life

Level 7

Re: Introduce Yourself - March 2017

Hello Everybody

1. Name: Raphael Oliveira
  2. Location: Uberlândia-MG, Brazil
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I like help people and share my experience 
  4. I love to share: reviews and photos because is the best way to transmit the experience
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I saw some reviews at google maps.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I'm IT graduated, Sposts Photographer and owned a Landromat. 

Tha'ts me at Rio 2016 photographing for Ireland

17474846_10208960897724799_1409476642_n.jpg

Level 6

Hi Everyone! I joined Local Guides Connect a few months ago but forgot to introduce myself! My Bad 😞

• Name: Tabitha Parish 
  • What do I love about being a Local Guide:  Local Guide is a great way for people to know my little part of the world. Also to help local businesses in the area thrive. I love being able to input to my community and spread awareness of local businesses in the area, not just to tourists/visitors, but to locals!!! 
  • I love to share: I love to share photos of food and storefronts because I myself get freaked going to a new place, and not knowing what the outside of the store looks like. I also like giving my honest opinion on how I feel an establishment. 
  • How did I hear about Local Guides:  Through an email from google! Loving google products everything, of course I wanted to check this out! 
  • Fun Fact About Me: I love singing Disney songs and cycling on my bike.
  • 10438527_10101389932211711_2450564235586928811_n.jpg
Level 6

@JavierG-S oooohhh i want one of those.  How long/far can you go for in a personal transporter? 

Level 7

Why I contribute to Google Maps? #intro

Hello everyone,

I'm Wadinga Leonard from Buea, Cameroon. Some of you might know the present situation in my country Cameroon but for those who don't, here is a brief summary of what's happening. The english part of the country (where I'm from) is tired of the very corrupt government, so the anglophones to make their voices heard, boycott national events and perform other civil disobedience acts(ghost towns), and use social media to promote their campaign. So, the government in trying to maintain order( in this part of the country, decided to cut off this part of the country from the internet.  

Ok, that's a little on all what's being going on here in Cameroon for the past 4months. Due to the internet outage in this part of the country, I decided to move to the french capital Yaounde, where I could continue using the internet. So here am I in a strange city, and can barely express myself in French. You can guess how embarrassing to always ask passersby questions on which bus stop to wait for the bus, or to always tell the cab driver that you don't know where you are heading to?

So I as a tech guy, I turned to Google Maps for aid. But to my surprise a lot of places are not even on the map, those on the map have a lot of missing information and sometimes these places have wrong information(name, exact location). So, I took this as an opportunity to make the map better and encourage others to do so. I have been having a lot of fun contributing to the map, encouraging my friends too, to contribute and even take some friends out for a walk to make the map better when I can afford it. After visiting a friend or going home after a busy day, I make sure to add/edit a few places.

Many towns in my country have very few places on the map, I think this is because a lot of Cameroonians, as well as Africans, don't have the culture of giving reviews or editing information about places on the map. So I think the few local guides in this country have to take it as a responsibility to educate others on how important giving a review or verifying information can be life/cost saving to a stranger wherever he/she finds him/herself.

I hope I have motivated someone to encourage others to contribute to the map. Hoping to hear what you have to say, so don't forget to leave a comment below. Thanks.

Best regards,

wadleo.

https://plus.google.com/communities/104904647546732970200
Level 10

Aprox. 30 Kms before recharging it. When i have to go by night (it consumes more battery) i bring in the backpack the charger (similar to a laptop' s one) and recharge it when i am in the meetings.
JAVIER GONZALEZ-SORIA
Level 8

1. Name: Meredith
  2. Location: A small little town on Hartwell Lake, Georgia
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love being able to contribute my experiences in travel to help others find niche places to visit. There are so many small boutique places out that that yearn to be explored! 
  4. I love to share: I love to share my experiences. 
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: When I was reviewing, I was asked to join
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I am a military spouse and home school my children. We travel all over the world to lean about culture and the hidden gems that we find on Maps! 
Level 9

Re: myself

Hi MdR, welcome to Local guides!

Level 9

Awesome photos, thank you for sharing and welcome to connect.

Level 9

Tech geek and introvert, you are going to be a star!

Welcome to connect