Level 7

Re : Introduce Yourself - March 2017 - Michael @Frankfurt

Hi send me some picture please

Level 7

Re: Introduce Yourself - March 2017

Hi
Level 2

Introduce Yourself - March 2017

introductions I probably could not have made us to know each other but I am sure we can share stories, because in every time and place each one has a different impression. I come from a country Indonesia and reside in an area that may be limited for reviews on social media or time travelers mostly, let's see how can I review places in my area ...
 (di indonesiakan ya hahahah, berang-berang makan permen, berangkat menn !!!)

Level 6

Name: Joel

What do I love about being a Local Guide: I'm just starting out, but love the idea that I can help people learn all about local breweries and craft beer places around me.

I love to share: 360 images of local breweries and businesses I frequent.

How did I hear about Local Guides: A friend of mine told me about the local trusted guide program. I'm looking forward to hitting that 50x image threshold.  

Fun Fact About Me: Craft beer fan, addicted to travel and love technology. Also a dad blogger. 

Always Learning,
- joel
Level 10

Re: Introduce Yourself - March 2017[ New ]
  • Name: Javier
  • What do I love about being a Local Guide:  I am a passionate traveller and have visited at least once 73 countries, always involved in something related to the Travel Industry. During all these years, i have tried to share my experience using traditional ways (radio, travel magazines, travel channels, etc..), but there were always constraints and commercial interests. On the contrary, being a Local Guide and using such a powerful tool as Google Maps, means for me freedom and a frictionless relationship between the one who is advising and the one receiving the advise. I love how Google's technology is capable to recreate the kind of advise that you would receive from a friend that would have been in a place, precisely when you need it.
  • I love to share: I am a little biased in my approach as the information I like to add is intended for travellers more than for locals. That means that despite the fact of having to give the information to each POI, i also try to provide a context, a general views, to help the traveller to link the dots when visiting.
  • How did I hear about Local Guides:   As a Xoogler - i was part of the managing team who launched Google in Spain in 2006- i try always to be aware of the new projects of Google. And obviously all in someway related to travel are my favorites, as Google Trips, Google Now, Hotel Finder, Google Flight Search, and obviously the Local Guides project, to have a Google Maps in "steroids". 
  • Fun Fact About Me: Since last July i decided to move around Madrid using a Personal Transporter. 1.500 Kms later I can say it was the right decision though people in the streets keep looking at me as i were a little bit crazy! What i have also discovered is that it is the perfect vehicle to gather new information as Local Guide 🙂IMG_20170323_023609.jpg

More info:  https://www.linkedin.com/in/gonzalezsoria
JAVIER GONZALEZ-SORIA
Level 5

Hi! I'm a level 4 Local Guide but I've only just discovered this community - so here I am, diving in head first! 

Name: Kay

What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love the idea that if I have a great experience somewhere, with a single review I can both help that business and at the same time help other people find it and have a great experience too. I live in a city that gets a lot of tourists, and I like helping people find the interesting out of the way places and avoid the tourist traps. And it thrills me no end when I'm in a foreign city and looking for coffee or food and find a recommendation for a great place nearby.

I love to share: I'm a photographer so obviously I love to share photos, but the text is really important too. When I write a review I look at what the other reviews of the same place *aren't* saying and try to include helpful details that others overlook. Or if I feel that a review that has been left is unfair, I try to provide a balanced view.

How did I hear about Local Guides: The first reviews I wrote were for cafes that I found and really loved - I wanted to help other people find them too. Then I was invited to the Local Guides program and found it quite addictive!

Fun Fact About Me: I'm originally from Australia, I've lived for five years now in Berlin, and while I love it, I'm not such a fan of winter - so for the last three years I've spent the cold months in sunny countries, working remotely. This gives me TONS of opportunities to post photos and reviews. I'm also a huge heavy metal fan \m/

PHOTO_20170323_123353.jpg

Level 6

Name: Jared

What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love being able to help the community find out information about places around them and get up to date informationand photos.  

I love to share: Photos and information about the placement of buildings on the map.

How did I hear about Local Guides: I was posting a review on google for a restaurant and a notification popped up, asking me if ai would like to join.

Fun Fact About Me: I love reading. I actually work at my local Public Library part-time, shelving the books and helping customers.

Level 10

Hi there Local Guides around the world!!! Let me introduce myself...
Cotton candyCotton candyRomeRomeSocial media selfieSocial media selfieHoli photoHoli photoCrazy friends selfieCrazy friends selfieNYNYMenorca sunset partyMenorca sunset partyPool partyPool party

Name: João
What do I love about being a Local Guide: When I need to find anything about a place, the contributions from other Local Guides like myself are SUPER USEFUL in the decisions I make everyday!
I love to share: I love sharing the pictures I carefully select in order to help fellow Local Guides feeling a good vibe of the places I visit.
How did I hear about Local Guides: I read an article about this new Google program and I was curious so I gave it a try...  and in only 3 days I had already helped 10000 GoogleMaps viewers, so this gave me an energy boost to continue sharing all my reviews on Google Maps.
Fun Fact About Me: Social media and photography are my thing! So check me up and find out more about my way of life! ENJOY!

JGordicho
Level 4

Costa Rica... that's a country I really want to visit... it's on my bucket list!!!
Sounds great that you get to those unreachable places!! I am looking forward to see many of your shared pics!!

Greetings from Lanzarote, a paradise too