YanniY's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Introduce Yourself - March 2017

Hi everyone! Welcome to Local Guides Connect.

let me introduce myself:

1.   Name: Sayed Hasan Talukder

2.   Location: Bangladesh

3.  What do I love about being a Local Guide: I like to work Google map maker is my best hobby. Because I am                  traveler.While I travel oversees I use Google map to find place. But last time my country few place can use Google             map so  I start working Google map maker since 2013 till now. I love to see on maps what’s other local guides  say             and what’s about other places configuration. Being a local guide I have the chance to share my experience globally or         learn by seeing other activity on Local guides Connect Forum. I can also update my area mapping by using only                 Google maps. A single contribution from a Local Guide on Google Maps can help users around the world make

informed decisions that could result in a wonderful experience.

4.   I love to share: I love to share photos and all information about this place so that other Local Guides and all over               people can see the world through from my activities.

5.   How did I hear about Local Guides: I was sharing a review of a place on Google Maps and was prompted to join             Local Guides .

6.   Fun Fact about me : I love photography and traveling oped that I could be a nature photographer next time.                       Meeting with many friends or visit unseen places is very interesting for me. So when I make any meet-up with new for         Introducing Local Guides or my Community feel very fun or pleasure that moment.

Level 5

Hello, let me introduce myself too:

1. Name: Henrique
  2. Location: Curitiba (Brazil)
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: Be helpful and trustful to other people. It is really good when you are capable of share some experiences so other people can know what places are the best.
  4. I love to share: I like to share objective reviews, something straight and useful at first sight. I wish that some good information will help others to decide where to go while they are rushing with their own daily business. I always imagine couple deciding a place to dinner and don't want that one of them stop talking to the other to read a 5 pages review, so a good shared information is a straight one.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: a guy that work with me said about it.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I'm also a couchsurfer, so everytime I travel I stay in someone else's house 🙂
Level 4

I am new in the connection site - March 2017

Hi

I have been a local guide for a,while now - level 4 so far - and just discovered the connection site... I must have deleted invitation messages or whatever...

start, let me introduce myself:

1. Name: Isa (or Isabelle actually)
  2. Location: Lanzarote... a paradise on earth
  3. Great to be a local guide and share: because I use the maps all the time myself and find so much is missing. The rewards helped me concentratemore on Google local guides than tripadv.  
  4. I am 55 but feel 25 when travelling... love meeting people of all ages and culrures and love all these new connection sites, social media etc.Isabelle Janssens de VarebekeIsabelle Janssens de Varebeke

Level 9

Re: I am new in the connection site - March 2017

Ciao @IsaJ & Ciao @HenriqueBG ... Welcome in this awesome place.

Happy to be here #Wearelocalguides

Level 5

Hi there!

Let me introduce myself:

1. Name: Felix

2. Location: French Guiana, South America

3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: the opportunity to show people the world as it is: beautiful! Today some blond guy wants to build walls between people… Our goal as Local Guides (as human beings in fact…) is to make walls fall, to share culture without borders, except maybe on Google Maps 😉

4. I love to share: Pictures, to make people see how amazing our world is, how different people and their living places are, how cool these differences are!

5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I was sharing pictures and adding new places (French Guiana is not perfectly mapped yet…), when I was prompted to join Local Guides… Thanks for that!

6. Fun Fact About Me: I don’t know how fun it is but before living in French Guiana, I’ve been living in Lao PDR, great experience too… South East Asia I really worth it!!!

All the best to the community!

Level 4

Re: I am new in the connection site - March 2017

Hi @Emanuele_Scola... thanks... seems you are acquainted with local guides connect... good to be here and yes... #wearelocalguides ❤❤❤

Level 7

Local Guides Connect Newbie

Dear Fellow Local Guide Members,

My name is Rikesh, and I am excited to have just been awarded the Level 4 badge.

I was unaware of this forum and wish I had known more about it sooner.

After a quick look around this forum; I see so many wonderful things happening and can't wait to explore, help and guide!

I really look forward to being a part of this fantastic network, and meeting fellow L4+ guides!

Kindest regards,

Rikesh

Local Guide · Level 4 (Based in the UK, England, London, East Anglia area)

Level 10

Re: Local Guides Connect Newbie

Hi @RikeshMistry welcome to Connect! If you're new to Local Guides, you can learn more about making contributions to Google Maps to earn your badge within Google Maps by visiting the "Getting Started" section for helpful information. If you're interested in earnings badges here on Local Guides Connect, just keep posting interesting content and interacting with others as badges within Connect are tied to your activity in Connect (as well as within other areas of the Local Guides program).

Please read this post for tips on posting and interacting with the community. 🙂

Level 7

Re: Local Guides Connect Newbie

Hi @LucioV Thank you for the warm welcome to Connect.

I look forward to being part of this incredible network. I truly appreciate your advice and support you have given to me, I will be definitely using it to navigate and contribute more easily around Connect.

Many thanks,

Rikesh 

Level 5

Hi there !

Let me introduce myself:

1. Name: Felix
  2. Location: French Guiana, South America
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide:the opportunity to show people the world as it is: beautiful! Today some blond guy wants to build walls between people… Our goal as Local Guides (as human beings in fact…) is to make walls fall, to share culture without borders, except maybe on Google Maps 😉  
  4. I love to share: Pictures, to make people see how amazing our world is, how different people and their living places are, how cool these differences are!
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I was sharing pictures and adding new places (French Guiana is not perfectly mapped yet…), when I was prompted to join Local Guides… Thanks for that!
  6. Fun Fact About Me:  I don’t know how fun it is but before living in French Guiana, I’ve been living in Lao PDR, great experience too… South East Asia I really worth it!!!

Nice day for all the community!