cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Introduce Yourself - March 2017

Hi everyone, let me introduce myself. 

1. Name: Hendri Setiawan
  2. Location: Ketawang, 05/05, Banjarejo, Kaliangkrik, Magelang Regency, Republic of  Indonesia 
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: It will be very nice to tell everyone about the place we've ever been, good or bad experience has to be told about the place. Sometime we will tell about our bad experience about the place(while the matter is the owner of the place) LOL..
  4. How did I hear about Local Guides: it suddenly appeared on my maps app . so i clicked it and till now, hmm... good program from Google to establish their data and then share it to the world .
  5. Fun Fact About Me:   I am an enterpreneur, have a lot of time to search, journey, culinary traveling, sailing to the other island, and do micro business (esp. sociopreneur). I like Korean drama so much due to my girlfriend's preference. One thing I can take from Korean drama : Now, I learn so much Korean Language , Kamsa Hamnida...Annyeong.. 😄 
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Introduce Yourself - March 2017

Hi. Natalia. I am just passing through the web sites and videos. I like to meet new people 😘😘😘

Level 8

You're extremely brilliant if you peel bananas inverse!! Rock on!

Level 8

@DannaC wrote:
  1. Name: Danna Crawford
  2. Location: Ocala Florida
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love everything social media. Especially writing reviews on Yelp and trip adviser so this seemed a natural fit for me. 
  4. I love to share: I love to share photos from my travels. 
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I received an email about it from google.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I am in the eBay Hall of Fame! It is a prestigious award given to me in 2008! 

@DannaC wrote:
  1. Name: Danna Crawford
  2. Location: Ocala Florida
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love everything social media. Especially writing reviews on Yelp and trip adviser so this seemed a natural fit for me. 
  4. I love to share: I love to share photos from my travels. 
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I received an email about it from google.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I am in the eBay Hall of Fame! It is a prestigious award given to me in 2008! 

What are you in the hall of fame for?

Level 5

1. Name: Romeo
  2. Location: San Jose, CA
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: Being able to help others especially when they are traveling on vacation by updating restaurants, popular tourist attractions and other interesting things in the country they are in when they use Google Maps.
  4. I love to share: I love to share photos of food, animals and writing simple-easy-to-digest reviews.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I think about 9 months ago I somehow discovered Local Guides and just kept contributing!
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I really love traveling.  I have been to 36 countries and 28 U.S. states + D.C. and just returned from Honolulu, Kona, Hilo and Maui.  Since January 2016 I have also traveled to San Diego, L.A., Seattle, Las Vegas, Miami, Atlanta, Key West, Rome, Malta, Morocco, Spain, Marseilles, Germany, Panama, Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico and St. Thomas (U.S. Virgin Islands).  I plan on visiting Alaska, Columbia and Peru this year.
Level 8

Re: Allow me to introduce myself.

I believe meeting new people and experiencing new cultures adds value to our own lives. 

Level 5

Hello everyone, I'm loving being a Local Guide and I want to introduce myself to this amazing community.

Name: Peterson Cordeiro
What do I love about being a Local Guide: Being able to share my knowledge with other people about places I like is something really cool. I also like the fact that we can get to know details about places we never went but are planning to go.
I love to share: I love to edit places with the right information. I know it can sound boring, but I really like to imagine a city with all "perfect labeled". Just nerd stuff.
How did I hear about Local Guides: I heard about Local Guides almost a year ago and I loved since day one. A colleague who is a Top Contributor told me about Local Guides and I freaked out.
Fun Fact About Me: I'm a UX Designer and Google Maps is my favorite Google product. I love taking pictures and organizing stuff. I also love maps. The Local Guides program just joined both stuff and I'm loving to do it!

And here's a photo of me when I visited Curitiba's Botanical Garden two months ago:E8282D86-CD57-4B2A-A0FD-90A3E033AFC0.JPG

Level 8

1. Name: RobertO
  2. Location: Nairobi
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: By discovering locations that I've been to and either currently don't exist on Google Maps or have incorrect information, I'm able to update the details for the next person looking to access the information. Wrong location while being guided by a GPS? Been there, done that and it's no fun.
  4. I love to share: locations that exist on the ground but are missing location information on Google Map. 
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I went down the rabbit hole while looking for learning experiences Google Academies and Communities offer.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: Studied game programming in college, fell in love with my photography hobby and turned it into a passion and career. A part of me still codes 
Connect Moderator

Hi everyone! 

Let me introduce myself:

1. Name: Nunung
  2. Location: Indonesia
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: A single contribution from a Local Guide on Google Maps can help me for finding new friends, new places, and nex experiences that I miss before. I also can contribute to promote my local tourism places. It is so interesting and a lot of fun
  4. I love to share: I love to share photos, and my personal reviews so that people will easily catch up the idea of that place.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I was sharing a photo of a place on Google Maps, that's the beginning. I was prompted to join local guides by email, and the more I know it, the more I get addictive to contribute.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I love photography and travel all around. I like to write my travel journal in my own personal notes. Hopefuly someday I will write it into a book.

This is me, When I visited a local tourism place of my city.IMG_20161018_155319.jpg

Indonesia Local Guides
Level 7

Adam Papworth from Perth Western Australia. I love my city and love taking photos. Google guides is the perfect place to express this. Having recently obtained my UAV license I am constantly out and about taking photos with a DJI Phantom 3 Professional and a DJI Inspire 2, I find the aerial perspective enthralling. I also enjoy digging through crates of vinyl and playing basketball. [PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED]