YanniY's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Re: Introduce Yourself - March 2017

Hello fellow Local Guides all over the World,

I am happy and proud to be part of this special group. I am an IT Professional / Systems Administrator here in Tirana, which is the capital of ALBANIA. I am also an amateur photographer. I enjoy sharing my photographs taken with my Nikon D3200 DSLR Camera.

Some facts about me:

1. Name: Genti
  2. Location: Albania
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: Helping strangers to get to know Tirana and overall Albania through simple contributions from a Local Guide on Google Maps, help them have a wonderful experience when visiting Albania.
  4. I love to share: Photos so that other Local Guides can see the world through my eyes.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I was sharing a review of a place on Google Maps and was prompted to join Local Guides.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I like design and photography, apart from being a proud Systems Administrator.
Level 8

Hi everyone:) This is my short intro

1. Name: Andras
  2. Location: Hungary, Central Europe
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love the local guide as a contributor (sharing my views and experience) and also as a user (checking photos, comments about a POI)
  4. I love to share: commentsphotos, especially from the air:)
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I used the Map Maker for years, that was the source. 
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I Iove seeing the world from above the ground, from the air - I am a paraglider pilot, so I take photos also from a special view:) A big fan of the My Maps

13151679_10153917054159130_6193293418976689170_n.jpg

Level 3

@YanniY wrote:
The "Introduce Yourself" threads (you can find Jan 2017 and Feb 2017) get really long so we start new ones regularly and lock the old ones. Be sure to check the old threads to see who already joined and where they are from. If you're new, please use this thread to post your "I'm new" or "Hello world" posts. We will move any we find into here to keep the site organized.

Hi everyone! Welcome to Local Guides Connect.

Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the community.

To start, let me introduce myself:

1. Name: Yanni
  2. Location: Singapore
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: A single contribution from a Local Guide on Google Maps can help users around the world make informed decisions that could result in a wonderful experience. Amazing!
  4. I love to share: I love to share photos so that other Local Guides can see the world through my eyes.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I was sharing a review of a place on Google Maps and was prompted to join Local Guides.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I love photography and hoped that I could be a nature photographer next time. That’s me attempting to shoot a quokka that sneaked up on me!

Your turn next!

yanniandquokka.jpg

HELLO WORLD!  

My name is Sam and I love being a tour guide because I love tours.  I'm in Kansas City. I was invited to be a tour guide with google.  I've been know to locate certain things and places from time to time.

Level 3

Sideways days meSideways days me

Level 4

Cover 19 mar.jpgo

Let me introduce myself: I am new to this community;

1. Name: Rizwan Hussain
  2. Location: Karachi, Pakistan
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I Started it as to help others but in fact i felt much surprised to see myself in lot number of places in the world map and the ability to express my opinions & appreciations and critics. 
  4. I love to share: Any think which would be helpful and informative for explorers, travelers, tourists and promote attractive image of my beloved country
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I have strong desire to explore the world and so far visited South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, Malaysia,Saudi Arabia and my favorite Turkey
    IMG-20160228-WA0030.jpg
Level 8

IMG_20161225_164234.jpgIMG_20161229_080306.jpgTo start, let me introduce myself:

1. Name: Anil Kumar 
  2. Location: Rajahmundry City (India)
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: When i started contribution on Google Maps as Local Guide it was great joy for me to show my places to the world with helping on reviewing places, photos, and Details regarding places. So when people visit my places there can travels like a local person. This feeling is my passion and it was achived from Local Guides Program !                                                                                                                                                           
  4.  I love to share: I love to share photos & streetview so that other Local Guides & travellers can see the world through my eyes.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I was sharing a review of a place on Google Maps and was prompted to join Local Guides.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I was mad at taking pictures from my boyhood. people use to say why you wasting time on click snaps. but one day my snap will help other people around world. (facts: my contribution photos total views are 6..6 million views with 2016 photos)                                                     
Connect Moderator

DSC_7349sm.jpg

1. Name: Jordan
  2. Location: Winston-Salem, NC
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love helping other people find places to eat, fun attractions and places to stay. I like when people say "I was traveling ___ and saw your reviews so I tried it and loved it."
  4. I love to share: I love to share photos (almost at 50 million views) of food, building exteriors and artistic shots that give people a different perspective of where they are.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I had written around 500 Google reviews and realized I was showing up as a guide. Since then I have almost tripled my reviews. 
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I am a foodie and a coffee snob so a lot of what I do centers around those things but I also have twin boys (2.5 years old) so now I am reviewing more kid-focused businesses and attractions!

#TeamUSA USA | My Contributions | Instagram | @Mention me so I see your reply
Level 8

image.jpeg

Hello, introduction time! 

Name: Rendra Hertiadhi (@RendraH)

What do I love about being a Local Guide: I really love traveling and always curious to discover new places. As a Local Guide I feel really motivated with high spirit to explore my world everyday and contribute to the community through the maps. 

I love to share: Discoveries of interesting places on earth, updating missing info, and of course interesting photographs.

How did I hear about Local Guides: I have been using Google Maps for long and found the Local Guides info everytime I open the menu. So here I am, a Local Guides

Fun Fact About Me: I love riding motorcycle and go scuba diving. I love the mountains as much as the beaches, and for me no place is too far to reach. If I could, I will ride my bike to visit the moon!

Beneath the surface, beyond the horizon
Level 7

• Name: Malcolm
  • What do I love about being a Local Guide: I enjoy sharing pictures of places that the average person cannot visit such as mountain summits, the nooks and crannies of a restricted basement or attic or a simple walk through a forest. I have had people from California and China contact me because they were visiting and wanted more information about some of the locations in my photos or videos.  I did better, I took them. You've probably heard the saying "My grandparents were ditch diggers so my parents could be doctors so that I could be an artist (so my kids will be ditch diggers)."  Well, that is my life and my parents never had the time nor health to visit the places I have so, photos were the only way I could share those experiences with them.  I like to think my videos and photos do the same for others. 
  • How did I hear about Local Guides: A friend is a local guide and he told me that I should share my photos herein and, voila!

Level 5

Hi everyone, my name is Chris.  I live in Concord, New Hampshire,  with my wife and our 2-year old son. I am an outdoor fanatic who especially enjoys hiking, fly fishing, and skiing.  My hobbies include photography, playing guitar, and pretending to be a dinosaur with my wild-man son!

What I love about being a Local Guide is the ability to contribute to this amazing tool (Google Maps) which opens my community up to the entire world to visit and explore.  I also think that providing Google Maps with the most up-to-date information contributes to my local economy by empowering and informing all map users of the wonderful businesses and attractions that my community and surrounding areas have to offer.

My favorite thing to share on Google Maps are photos of places that I visit and review.  Photos of these places are a rich source of information that cannot otherwise be provided through written descriptions.  I personally love looking through other Guide's photos of places that I have not been, I try my best to provide photos that showcase a location as I see it.

I was informed about Local Guides by a friend of mine who is a Local Guide himself, he spoke highly of the program and suggested that I give it a try.... I am so glad that I did!  I really would love to meet and collaborate with more Local Guides.

Thumbs up for a day on the slopes!Thumbs up for a day on the slopes!