YanniY's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 1

Re: Introduce Yourself - March 2017

Hello everyone! I'm Bambi. I'm a 46 year old highly active grandmother and I llive in Kingman, AZ. I was actually looking something up for my grandsons when I stumbled across this site and figured I should give it a shot. Too often I try places based on reviews that I later find out are bogus. I am critical of places I go because of my little ones. So, I will always be very honest about my experiences or knowledge of/at the places I write reviews on. I will try to include photos when I can.  I hope that the information I give may help you to enjoy your visit to Kingman.

Level 4

Mi nombre es Ulises Valdez, vivo en Jalisco, México y me gusta Local Guide ya que me gusta participar y contar mis anécdotas de lugares y viajes. 

En cada viaje tiendo a investigar antes los lugares posibles a visitar y en ocasiones realizo digamos un menú de viaje para que los participantes

seleccionen de dicho menú las opciones a visitar, en el pongo gastronomía del lugar, sitios de interés e historias de los lugares.

Me gusta mucho compartir experiencias y viajes por medio de fotografías y comentarios, de manera que los demás puedan vivir mi experiencia.

Si hablar de experiencias vividas y lugares pudiera ser mi trabajo, seria mi trabajo perfecto.

Francamente no se como llegue a Local Guide, pero siempre me a gustado participar con google.

Me gusta muchísimo la naturaleza y tenia un muy buen equipo fotográfico que me quitaron, pero pronto espero tener otro.

IMG-20170121-WA0025.jpeg

Saludos desde la tierra del Tequila!

Level 4

Re: Introduce Yourself — March 2017

1. Name: Zach
  2. Location: Maple Grove, MN
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: After I married my wife, I learned very quickly the importance and power of reading reviews of places or things before we purchase or attend. Over time, I started to review things without her asking me to and thus I developed into a guy who appreciated reviewers. When I saw an opportunity to become a Local Guide, I jumped at it! I love helping other people know the good and bad of a place so they can make a well informed decision. I'm a hard critic because I want to accurately portray the experience I had and the venue I visited. Apart from reviewing, I love sharing photos of places I visited as I know that is helpful to many wanting to get a better idea of the spot they are considering going to. 

4. I love to share: Honest reviews that don't sugar coat the experiences and helpful photos of any location I stop by. Oh, and I love to share about Jesus. Feel free to ask me about Him any time. 
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I discovered local guides through an email I believe. Once I saw what it was, I was on board!
  6. Fun Fact About Me: Every review I post with a 4 Star or Above, I leave a tag line "Stop on By!" And I love dogs and coffee, kind of a big coffee drinker and I won't drink Folgers or anything similar..has to be the good stuff!

13241358_10101459196625656_4942426088969361594_n.jpg

Level 7

Cultura, con experiencias reales.

Que tal local Guides

Soy Israel R. S. de la ciudad de México en México, me encanta viajar, conocer, cultura, gastronomía, arte, naturaleza, aventura y gracias

a todos ustedes me intereso mas por viajar alrededor del planeta, conociendo de todo.

Me gustaría pudieramos coincidir para dar mayores aportaciones a todo el que recomienda o cuenta su experiencia en un país, un restaurante o un museo

para no dejar de conocer la cultura y el turismo de nuestros países..

Saludos 

Former Google Contributor

Thanks for sharing @ZachM

I will this to the existing discussion. Continue to have fun with Local Guides and we hope you will be able to meet with passionate community members from all over the world

Hi @RBastias aka Kenny - Welcome to Local Guides Connect. You have such a great story to tell and we are very glad that Local Guides has been an important part of your journey. Continue to have fun with Local Guides. Thank you once again!

I will move this thread to an existing discussion

Hi @BambiB - yes, thank you for being an authentic reviewer on Google Maps! Welcome to Local Guide Connect

Welcome  @UlisesVHave you tried out Lists on Google Maps? I think you will find it very useful!

Level 8

Even though you are from Italy, how such, perfect English you can wrote? 

Shripad 

Level 6

I'm Marcello, I found out about Local Guides fairly recently, and am glad to be a part of it. I already wrote a fair amount of reviews, so having a quantifiable way to track them with a rewards system has increased my output a lot. I love being a local guide because I have lived in Brooklyn my whole life, and know it extremely well. With Brooklyn, and NYC in general, being such hot tourist destinations, as well as so many people moving to the borough lately, I want to be able to spread my native knowledge, and help people get an experience of Brooklyn that's a little deeper than the latest Thrillist article. 

I am a hobby photographer and cyclist, and one of my favorite activities is riding around taking pictures of things. I love to review non-commercial places (bridges, train stations, parks) because they don't often get a lot of attention, but reviews of the neighborhood playgrounds can be really helpful to a parent who is new to the neighborhood, in the same way that knowing which train stations are good can make a huge difference for a transplant deciding what neighborhood to move into. I love my home, and want to help others love and enjoy it as much as possible.