YanniY's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Introduce Yourself - March 2017

The "Introduce Yourself" threads (you can find Jan 2017 and Feb 2017) get really long so we start new ones regularly and lock the old ones. Be sure to check the old threads to see who already joined and where they are from. If you're new, please use this thread to post your "I'm new" or "Hello world" posts. We will move any we find into here to keep the site organized.

Hi everyone! Welcome to Local Guides Connect.

Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the community.

To start, let me introduce myself:

1. Name: Yanni
  2. Location: Singapore
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: A single contribution from a Local Guide on Google Maps can help users around the world make informed decisions that could result in a wonderful experience. Amazing!
  4. I love to share: I love to share photos so that other Local Guides can see the world through my eyes.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I was sharing a review of a place on Google Maps and was prompted to join Local Guides.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I love photography and hoped that I could be a nature photographer next time. That’s me attempting to shoot a quokka that sneaked up on me!

Your turn next!

yanniandquokka.jpg

604 comments
Level 7

Hello From Steve Boykin in Glendale, California

Hello Fellow Local Guides Throughout the World,

I am happy and proud to be part of this special group. I am a Professional Handyman by Trade here in Glendale, Ca, which is a suburb of Los Angeles, CA. I am also an Advanced Amateur Photographer, with aspirations to become a Professional Photographer. I am quite a **####** good Handyman and also quite an Excellent Photographer. I enjoy sharing my Photographs and I like to take lots of pictures, not only with my HTC One Smart Phone, but also my Nikon D 5100 Professional Camera.

Here are some of my recent photos. AF1QipNpEFOXoC43wYzU0j1TPGirIrPZOw1o_1PQnybT

Level 7

Re: Hello From Steve Boykin in Glendale, California

Hello,

I also live in Glendale Ca, and I am having fun being a "local guide".

I didn't realize how many places I actually go to in the course of my 

life, that I have gone to, and have never reviewed. I am working on

fixing that! Maybe sometime we can meet up!

Level 8

Hi @StephenB66 Welcome to Local Guides Connect, it would be good before adding the contribution that you read these rules. If you have an interesting story from a place where you have a photo, you can share that with us.If you imagine serve to this Introduce-Yourself-February-2017. Using the Forums contains a number of threads which you may find helpful for navigating Connect in general. Good luck.

Level 7

Hello Susan H,

I'm enjoying being a local guide and just found out about this whole local guide connect thing. Cool. Steve

@SusanH wrote:

Hello,

fixing that! Maybe sometime we can meet up!

Sounds cool  to me. I live in Glendale and am always around the area somewhere. I am self employed as a Professional Handyman too.

@SusanH wrote:

Hello,

fixing that! Maybe sometime we ca

Level 7

Hello MiroslavK,

Okay, thanks for the info. I'll check it out.

Connect Moderator

Introduce Yourself - March 2017

The "Introduce Yourself" threads (you can visit or see Dec 2016, Jan 2017 or Feb 2017 Conversation) are being very popular or important for new Local Guides.

Previous threads were starting from your Dear Google Moderators …

So I starting a new ‘’Introduce yourself’’ post from all Local Guides side….

It’s the time to introduce Yourself, Say hi/hello world !!! or  I am New To this community ….

Hi everyone! Welcome to Local Guides Connect. 

Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the community. 

To start, let me introduce myself: 

Name: Md Shafiul Bashar

What do I love about being a Local Guide: Guiding on maps is my best hobby because its use my lazy time for help other. I love to see on maps what’s other local guides say and what’s about other places configuration. Being a local guide I have the chance to share my experience globally or learn by seeing other activity on Local guides Connect Forum. I can also update my area mapping by using only Google maps.  Wow!!!!

I love to share: I love to share my Photographs on maps. Make me proud when I see my photo view counts , its helps other people to know many unseen places Globally. So when I visit any place don’t miss the chance to collect that area photographs. I also want to share ideas to the new Local guides on Local Guides Connect Forum.

How did I hear about Local Guides: When I started to make contribution ( Write review) on maps I have received a notification to Join with Local Guides. Then I learn about Local guides Program on Connect .

Fun Fact About Me: Meeting with many friends or visit unseen places is very interesting for me. So when I make any meet-up with new  for Introducing Local Guides or my Community, I feel very fun or pleasure that moment.

DSCF16 copy.jpg

Happy Guiding ……

Level 8

Re: Introduce Yourself - March 2017

• Name: Umashankar 
  • What do I love about being a Local Guide:  Local Guide is always for the PeopleLocal Guide know each & every place in his Locality. Local Guide is one type of platform that can Connect you around the world.
  • I love to share: I love to share Photos, Reviews,Places information & Explore new City's.
  • How did I hear about Local Guides:  6 monts ago i am traveling a New place so that time I search a place & found on Google Map that was very helpful for me.Then i write a review in this Place after successful reviewed.Google Maps pop-up a window for join Local Guides. 
  • Fun Fact About Me: I love myself & i want to be a Good Photographer, Always Searching on Web,I am a Tech Lover.
  • My PictureMy Picture

Thanks for Introduce Yourself @YanniY

Connect Moderator

Re: Introduce Yourself - March 2017

HI @YanniY 

Name: Md Shafiul Bashar

What do I love about being a Local Guide: Guiding on maps is my best hobby because its use my lazy time for help other. I love to see on maps what’s other local guides say and what’s about other places configuration. Being a local guide I have the chance to share my experience globally or learn by seeing other activity on Local guides Connect Forum. I can also update my area mapping by using only Google maps.  Wow!!!!

I love to share: I love to share my Photographs on maps. Make me proud when I see my photo view counts , its helps other people to know many unseen places Globally. So when I visit any place don’t miss the chance to collect that area photographs. I also want to share ideas to the new Local guides on Local Guides Connect Forum.

How did I hear about Local Guides: When I started to make contribution ( Write review) on maps I have received a notification to Join with Local Guides. Then I learn about Local guides Program on Connect .

Fun Fact About Me: Meeting with many friends or visit unseen places is very interesting for me. So when I make any meet-up with new  for Introducing Local Guides or my Community, I feel very fun or pleasure that moment.

DSCF16 copy.jpg

Happy Guiding ……

Level 7

Allow me to introduce myself.

Hello world, my name is David Charles Bonnici. I'm a late newcomer here.  I'd really like to introduce myself properly to Local Guides Connect and see where this can lead me.  I was born in Canada, in a town called, Windsor.  The town of Windsor, is located in the Province of Ontario, Canada.  Us people in Windsor call it The Rose City.  It is the most populated Southern - East part of Canada.  We board the United States of America.  Just a river seaperates us from the city of Detroit, Michagan.  I know my nationality is Maltese.  Both my parents are from the Island of Malta, my mother immagrated to the U.S.A. , and my father to Canada.  As I mature and get wisdom from learning things about people from other parts of the world, I come to realize it don't matter what nationality we are.  What matters is how we communicate and learn to live as human beings.  That is why I love and enjoy having the privilege to be a local guide.