kimdup66's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 2

Introduce Yourself — June 2018

Hi everyone! Welcome to Local Guides Connect.

Please take a moment to introduce yourself to our community.

As “Introduce Yourself” threads can be lengthy, we start a new one each month and lock past threads. You can check past threads, like May`s, to see who recently joined and where they’re from (simply search for "Introduce Yourself"). If you're new, please use this thread to post your “I'm new” or “Hello world” posts. We’ll merge any posts we find elsewhere with this thread to keep things organized.

Kim Duplechien, Gia Maria, and Xander  (Miami, FL, USA) 2017Kim Duplechien, Gia Maria, and Xander (Miami, FL, USA) 2017 

To start, let me introduce myself:

1. Name: Kim Duplechien (aka:  KD)My grandson, Braiden Guidry, a Yankee in the swamp.My grandson, Braiden Guidry, a Yankee in the swamp.
  2. Location Breaux Bridge, Louisiana, USA
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: I became a certified Google Author 9 years ago while freelancing from home as a content and e-book writer. I started working online 12 years ago when I decided to homeschool my two children. After delving into SEO and SMM, I found a niche assisting Google Maps detailing the small towns and backroads of Southwest Louisiana. Now, as an independent SEO freelancer and a small business owner myself, I'm honored to continue to educate and make exploring the beautiful swamps I call home a little easier for visitors. Assisting small business owners by literally, "putting you on the map" is exhilarating, particularly for those small business owners who have no internet nor texting skills. My favorite photo booth shot of me and the kids. (Florida Keys, Florida, USA, 2016)My favorite photo booth shot of me and the kids. (Florida Keys, Florida, USA, 2016)
    4.My favorite [place / thing / cuisine / other] to explore: I'm an avid cook and love all good food. I'm especially fond of Italian pastas, fresh baked bread, Thai-hot soup, and boiled crawfish. I grew up traveling a lot and of all the places I've had the pleasure of exploring, Southern France and Copenhagen are 2 of my favorite places at the moment. Still haven't sailed around the Greek Islands or snorkeled in Bora Bora yet though...Gia and I at home in Cecilia, Louisiana, USA, June 2018.

5. Fun Fact about me: I studied ballet dancing for 15 years before going to medical school.

Special Note:  I'm very proud to be an American. I love my country and respect those who sacrifice their time, families, and lives for mine.  Thank you, American soldiers for your service here and abroad because I know, freedom isn't free!

KD - Google Author, Mapmaker, and Local Guide
Cecilia, LA, USA
3 comments
Level 8

Re: Introduce Yourself — June 2018

Dear @kimdup66

Warm Welcome to Official Connect Local Guides Community

Before to start here are some useful information’s

First you can introduce yourself in current June 2018 thread (Each month a new one is started)

If you've a question, before to contribute on Connect maybe a Local Guide already asked and received answers.

• Then think to use Search Fieldto check (in the top right hand corner).
    • You can even use keywordsaccording to your request (As you will type Connect will show you several suggestions linked to words you enter).

Of course as Local Guide you have full access to all forums to share and contribute.

• Always choose the good forum to post in order to get best feedbacks.
    • Give a clear and complete title to your post if you want Local Guides to read it and reply!
    • To be in touch with a Local Guide simply mention him/herusing @+Username in your post in order to warn it -Connect will send her/him a notification- (Typing @ in your post will allow you to see all Local Guides who contributed to your post).
    • Never share personal information’s on Connect (think to use private message if needed).

As Local Guide you can also create a Google+ page to start a Local Guides Community in locality you stay in.

Practice does make perfect

and remember active involvement promotes learning: we learn by doing.

Now you're ready to fly 😉

Regards 

bdmafuz

Level 1

Hi, my name is Jamie, and I'm new to this, however I am interested in visiting new places. Like most people I enjoy food, but it's not just about the food, it's also the atmosphere. There's nothing like dinning in your favorite place. I to love my country, and stand next to our brothers in blue. Wish me luck as I embark on new challenges, and kick this thing off.😎

FB_IMG_1527980608510.jpg

Level 1

Hi Local Guides, my name is Samuel from Blue Valley,Embu,Kenya

What I love about being a Local Guide: Well, i didn't know there was a program called Google local guide. I was searching to place a Business in Google Maps and i found it. I was amazed to see that google has such a program. The best things is I'm obsessed about Google. It feels good when people view your pictures.I'm also happy that I can help other people explore the world

Favorite place: I'm still yet to find out.

Fun fact about me: I love making new friends and travelling.I am also proud of my country Kenya and salute all the soldiers that sacrifice their lives to protect us.