Albry's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: Introduction low budget foodie

@blowbudgetfoodie,  Welcome to Local Guides and Connect! 

That's great that you are active in social media.  However, please do not be self-promotional or spam-like by dumping your social channels unsolicited here:

As part of the Local Guides Connect Content Policy

Spam: Do not spam, including by sending unwanted promotional or commercial content, or unwanted or mass solicitation.

I am going to move your post over to the monthly Introduce Yourself  thread so you can meet other Local Guides who have joined Local Guides /Connect during the month.

Cheers,

Karen

@blowbudgetfoodie wrote:

Hello All,

I am Sanket from Pune. I am an MBA graduate and working as a Digital Marketer in Pune. I love exploring places where you can find cheap and tasty food. That's the reason I have started my own page on Instagram  with Instagram handle @lowbudgetfoodie and the same on Facebook.

I would love to invite you all to check my food journey I gaurantee you will  mesmerized after seeing my feed on Instagram.

I have currently 3500+ followers on Instagram. I also work on Zomato as a food reviewer and I am a level 7 foodie on Zomato.

Please find my profile:

https://www.facebook.com/lowbudgetfoodie

https://www.instagram.com/low_budget_foodie/

Level 5

Re: Introduce Yourself — June 2018

Hello! My name is Aminye.I stay in Abuja,the FCT of Nigeria.

What I love about being a local guide is that i believe I am helping people.I love to move around and impact the community around me.

I have actually been a local guide without realising there is a community of guides. I love the idea of connecting and am glad to be a part of this

Level 6

Nice contribution @Aminye ! Keep sharing and keep updating. Let the Global Cummunity gain knowledge from your contribution.

Wish you all the best !

Regards,

Thokchom DS

Level 8

Re: Abhinandan International Local Guide

Hi @Abhinandanpatil838

It's very easy.

By sharing reviews, photos, and knowledge about the places around you, you can help inform millions of people and you are a Local Guide.

And at the same time you can be active here on Connect.

Welcome to Local Guides Connect and I am very happy to meet you.

As this seems to be one of your first post in here, May I take this opportunity to give you some information about Local Guides Community Forum Connect:

• The Help Desk Check this section as lot of questions are answered here.

As an extra tips, i would suggest you to Search the community before posting as the same subject can be already being discussed.

Happy guiding - Badruddeen

Level 2

Hi

Povakula home

Connect Moderator

Re: Hi

Welcome to Local Guides @Povakulahouse there are lots of ways to contribute to Google Maps that help everyone around you

I'll move this to the intro post.

The best ways to contribute and get points are
* Add new places
* Add meaningful quality photos to places
* Edit places to update them to correct information.
* Review and rate places you’ve experienced and tell us about them
* Add photos to places you visit, most places deserve two to three photos, one of the outside of the place, one of the inside and perhaps a product shot. Some places may deserve more such as large stores, tourist attractions or cultural landmarks.

While contributing is a lot of fun and rewarding, I always caution people about growing in points too quickly. Organic growth a little at a time is always best. Those  who shoot up like rockets sometimes are making low quality contributions and may have contributions removed with a subsequent loss of points.

For everything you contribute, always think to yourself, would I find what I'm about to add useful? If the answer is yes then go ahead and do it, otherwise think about holding back.

Never review places you have not personally visited or used.
Good luck in your journey as a Local Guide.

There are loads of great tips in this forum Helpdesk for how to get the most out of Connect.

If you haven't already consider introducing yourself on this post
Remember to always uphold the Core Values of Connect

Regards Paul

Level 7

Introduce yourself -june 2018

Hello, this is Krishna Prasad representing from the house of chanting of Vedas and puranas(india), the state being called as god's own country (kerala)and where the world's richest temple is situated that of sree padbhanabha sway, from that holy place Trivandrum am coming. Being an entrepreneur and in this entrepreneurship it obviously drains me, and to energize myself, I prefer the two things, those are silence and technology. For the quest of silence, I prefer to roam and I shall be provide that travelogue here for you.The travelogue which is provided will be helpful for those who come from different parts of district and for those who come to India to explore and having a quest to know about history, heritage and culture, for those who search places where they could feel silence, inwards and outward, I provide the best reviews available, so that they could know about them my travelogue. The review will be helpful for the business person too who I meet during my traveling also providing a platform for their business to be reckonedKrishna prasadKrishna prasad

Level 7

1979 when I was yong ^*^1979 when I was yong ^*^

Level 9

My Experience as Local guide

I am Priyanka from a very small town called Vapi in Gujarat.

Keep faith. God has better plans.Keep faith. God has better plans.

Last year I met with an accident which left me bedridden for almost a year, had to undergo two surgeries, left job. Basically I was confined in a room. 

Lost, unable to accept the reality, wasting time on internet, introspecting, complaining that why me, doubting will I ever be able to walk. 

I started writing reviews on various sites and stumbled upon google local guides program. And started writing reviews about the places I have visited. Collecting points on maps gave a boost to confidence.

Simultaneously I started preparing for a government job, and maps took a backseat. I gave my heart and soul to the preparation but couldn't make it and again the same cycle I started doubting myself and came the results of connect live results and I was selected. I'll will be first women in my entire family to be going outside India.

I want to thank google maps for taking me in connect live. And lastly I want to say whatever happens, happens for the good. Keep faith.

Love,

Priyanka

Level 3

Re: My Experience as Local guide

What an experience@Priyanka!