Level 10

Re: INDIA:All local guides from India?

Level 10

Re: Introduce Yourself - July 2017

Level 10

Level 10

Hi, welcome to LG Connect mas @Anonymous, you have reached 9th Level, congratulation, you can join & share your experience to our brother and sister in Bandung LG, 

Nice to meet you in connect

Matur Suwun

Level 10
Level 10

Level 10

Level 1

My Home

1298496906_r3slo1eecdcnzwa.jpeg

Level 8

Re: My Home

Level 6

1. Name: Nikola (my username is different)
  2. Location: My primary residence is Vienna, Austria, my secondary Zagreb, Croatia (these are sort of official). I was born in Zagreb. I'm a retired old IT guy, not rich, but my pension does cover cheap flights. My third location would be Barcelona, Spain - I spend at least two months there every year. I also inherited a house on the island Krk, Croatia (from my in - laws, actually) and in summer - right now - that's where you can find me.
  3. What do I love... : Well, it's a decent thing to do, isn't it? I'm actually not very happy with Google Maps - I find tons of errors when I find myself somewhere "away from the beaten track" - errors that were corrected in some other products, free or not - and I'd love to improve the most popular map platform a bit, and as much as I can. 
  4. I love to give good reviews to places that deserve them - but I can be a very harsh critic - lots of touristy places deserve the single star. I'm a miserable photographer, unfortunately - I do like posting photos, of course - I shoot hundreds and find one or none worth sharing.
  5. Some 40+ years ago, while at the uni, in the summer season I was a tour guide - I like that - when I noticed that I can add or correct something to Google maps, I started doing it. 
  6. Fun or nearly fun: I love travel and travel as much as I can afford to.  I continuously try to speak languages in which I'm not at all fluent, like Spanish, Catalan and Portuguese (my Italian is quite OK, and my first foreign language in school was French, additionally I learned Latin for eight years (- a classical gymnasium, liceo classico - no proper English word for it apart from "Grammar school" - that one started getting a negative connotation). This gave me have a rather solid basis for Romance languages - but the fact that I understand someone doesn't necessarily mean that they'll understand me). I don't mind or better said, I wouldn't mind sleeping in hostel dormitories - there is unfortunately a slight age problem. I hate spending money on good hotels, I'm never in, anyway, except from 2 AM till about 8 - rest of the day I try to discover as much as possible about cities which I'm visiting. Actually, after a brief look at the famous sights, which I've seen a zillion times on photos and in documentaries, I prefer parts of cities where local people actually live. I love public transport systems, local trains in particular, sitting in simple pubs, just hanging around bus, train and air terminals. I never start conversations, but gladly accept taking part in them. What else - I'm a craft beer lover, I tend to drive way too fast, I'm a gadget freak, I pick up hobbies enthusiastically and drop them pretty soon, I live in a "creative chaos" (a pigsty, according to my wife), full of desktops, laptops, monitors and computer parts, cables, routers etc. I'm happily married - my wife is not a keen traveller herself, but doesn't object when I disappear for a month or two. My younger daughter travels all the time, and she's the only person I know personally who has been to all the continents, Antarctica included. The elder one is a more reasonable person. I also obviously love to talk a bit too much. Thanks for reading.