LuisRG's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Introduce Yourself - July 2017

As "Introduce Yourself" threads get quite long, we start new ones regularly and lock the old ones. Be sure to check the old threads, such as the June one, to see who already joined and where they are from (simply search "Introduce Yourself"). If you're new, please use this thread to post your "I'm new" or "Hello world" posts. We will move any posts we find into here to keep the site organized.

Hi everyone! Welcome to Local Guides Connect. Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the community.

To start, let me introduce myself: 

1. Name: Luis
  2. Location: London (but I'm from Madrid, Spain)
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: Giving back to the community. I always use Google Maps and Local Guides content when traveling to find new places and to decide whether a place is good or not. So I want to do the same with the places I visit. 
  4. I love to share: I love reviews and photos. Especially photos!
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I was a Local Guide even before joining the team, that's how much I love being one 🙂
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I love burgers, trains and photography. You can see me in the picture giving a talk about night photography using tripods.Screen Shot 2017-07-03 at 9.06.56 AM.png

Who's next? 🙂

Local Guides Community Program Manager
Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.
851 comments
Level 1

A

مرحبا 

أنا محمد نور 

Level 9

@Muhmmadnour1

It's your first post in connect so let's go through few important topics on connect. Firstly a warm welcome to Local Guides and our Connect community forum. Why don't you take a moment to introduce yourself to the other Local Guides? Here some tips to help you with your self-introduction:

1. Name: 
  2. Location:  (tag your location in the location field below)
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: 
  4. I love to share: 
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: 
  6. Fun Fact About Me: 

Be sure to explore the many sections of the site and check out the conversations happening among our Local Guides. 

Tips for getting started:

This section of the site has some good tips on how to use the community and interact with your fellow Local Guides. 

• Search the community before posting as others may have asked your question (and received an answer) already. 
  • Use a descriptive title for your post to make it easier for people to know whether they should open it. 
  • Use the Location field to geotag your post to a specific place, but make sure its important to the content of the post.  
  • Don't share personal information on the forum, check out the private messaging option instead. 
  • This area has helpful more information about the Local Guides program in case you have more questions. 
  • By following this link you can find local guides near you.

Many thanks and have fun with other local guides. 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 1

Introduce

Hello, i will intruduce my self

Nama: zhasa puspa ningrum

Tempat tanggal lahir: kediri,4 desember 2000

Tempat tinggal: jl. Kh. Wahcid hasyim gg 5A rt/rw: 19/03, desa bandar lor, kecamatan mojoroto kota kediri

Sekolah: sekolah menengah kejuruan negri 2 kota kediri

Kejuruan: axioo class program

Hobby: memasak, berenang, advanture and traveling

Level 9

Re: Introduce

Hello everyone here is my intro.

1. Name: deepak kumar (deepu) ( I love small characters )
  2. Location: Sonipat, Haryana ( Belongs to Muzaffarnagar, India)
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I like to help others & happy with this. I'd like to thank Google team for this Opportunity.
  4. I love to share: I want to share all the information that can help others.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: One day I saw the logo on Twitter, I ignored it. But one day I was traveling, I needed map and I joined this Amazing Program.
  6. Fun & Fact About Me: I m a Mechanical Engineer but I love photography. I'm addicted to connect. I love to travel and make new friends.

me

Thank you

Keep smile.

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 10

Hi All !

Its July already. Taking a cue from @YanniY June 2017 Post (  https://goo.gl/8EfsBR) I am starting this July 2017 Introduce yourself Post

I will follow the same format as for June .

So here is something about myself

1. Name: Farooq
  2. Location: Karachi, Pakistan
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I can make a positive difference in the life of a traveler, help people make decision about the places they plan to visit and highlight the good and the bad in a public place 
  4. I love to share: I love to share photos of the places I visit ( So far I have more than 3400 pictures posted on Google Maps with 5.4 Million views).
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I started sharing reviews and uploading pictures in 2011 long before the Google Guide program was formally launched. I am a big fan of every thing "Google" and joined the program once It was formally launched. Right now I am a level 8 guide
  6. Fun Fact About Me: Nothing extra-ordinary , but I love to travel and share my experience to help others and make this world a better place

Some of my pics in different parts of the world below6X7A6404.jpg

Ayutthaya, Bangkok, ThailandAyutthaya, Bangkok, Thailand

Ayutthaya, Bangkok, ThailandAyutthaya, Bangkok, Thailand

Petronas Towers, KL, MalaysiaPetronas Towers, KL, Malaysia

Langkawi Mangroove forest tour, MalaysiaLangkawi Mangroove forest tour, Malaysia

Clear Water Beach, Florida, USAClear Water Beach, Florida, USA

Camels at the Beach, Karachi, PakkistanCamels at the Beach, Karachi, Pakkistan

Clifton Beach Karachi, PakistanClifton Beach Karachi, Pakistan

Level 9

Re: Introduce Yourself - July 2017

Hello @F-Rathore

Its nice to meet you. 

Welcome to July 2017

It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
Level 10

Thanks @JonasKL

Level 10

Hello/नमस्कार/¡Hola! Fellow guides, I would like to thank all local guides for being here, contributing to the map and thus revealing the world day by day. Again I am thankful to all guides for their love, support & encouragement. Since my birth date is July 10 so this is my month.

1. Name: Bishowvijaya Pandey
  2. Location: Kathmandu, Nepal
  3. Bishowvijaya PandeyBishowvijaya Pandey
  4. What do I love being a Local Guide: Every year approx. 800 thousand foreigners visit my nation. Looking around a map I can see that the most tourist destinations are already been there in the map. But there are more such areas of public concern like hospitals, schools, emergency services, security offices and a lot more which are, I think, mandatory in map & are still few in number. Being a local guide I love to add them in the map. Also there are a lot of places over the country which are yet to be explored in the map. Since there is unmanaged urbanization so places are difficult to be found. So my sole intension is to ease the commune life and explore the nation over the world. I am in accordance with the motto of LG Connect: 'Spread the love and get some back'. Also the occurrence of devastating earthquake in 2015 made me feel the necessity and importance of map a lot. Since a lot of guides are exploring the places so why not me. Contributing to the map is also being sociable more than before. I always love to be sociable. Also this LG program is helping us to find people around us with same motto.
  5. I love to share: Photos, reviews and additional information of the places in a map,  My opinions over the posts, experiences, achievements, posts helpful to new LGs, stories about the places and many more in LG forum.
  6. How did I hear about Local Guides: Actually I am unsure how I entered here but I am sure that I am not here by any referral. Since 2 years ago I tried to add places in mapmaker but my contributions were denied. Then I left mapmaker. Later I thought to add birthplace to the map. At that time I found the new platform; Google map. It fascinated me a lot.
  7. Fun Fact About Me: I love to visit new places not even in group only but also alone too. I love to observe different realms of nature very closely. My subject of interest are Physics and literature. To be bearded sometimes is also my hobby. I have more or less knowledge of five different languages. Researching in mysterious events or places falls under my interest.

Thanks a lot for providing your valuable time to read this post. You all are welcomed to be my friend here. Check my profile and hit the 'Add Friend' button.

Level 10

Hello Local Guides!!!

Here is my introduction....

Name: AjitW

What do I love about being a Local Guide: It complement with my passion for walking... The 'Local Guide' is like a multi players online game which took me to the score of 25k+ within two months...

First Sermon by Buddha at Sarnath, India...First Sermon by Buddha at Sarnath, India...

I love to share: Experiences gained through the pleasure walks and presenting it in the form of photos and reviews. So people get to see the better things in the world...Beautiful Thai Buddhist Vihar (Temple), Bodhgaya, India...Beautiful Thai Buddhist Vihar (Temple), Bodhgaya, India...

How did I hear about Local Guides: Probably the algorithm of Google maps caught me red handed giving ratings on the maps. As a result, received an email on 5th May, 2017 welcoming me as a Local Guide in the fabulous world of enriching the Google maps...Bada Imambada, residence of former ruler of Awadh (Luchknow), India...Bada Imambada, residence of former ruler of Awadh (Luchknow), India...

Fun Fact About Me: A left hander teetotaler who also never drinks tea-coffee... but addicted as a Local Guide...Perfect365(5) ().jpg

A big Thank You for reading my introduction...