Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 3

Muslim

mecca - saudimecca - saudi

Level 10

Hello

Hi, my name is Kokoy. I am from Manila, Philippines, but I now live in Austin, Texas. I am an educational administrator, a musician, and a soccer coach.

My family first moved to the United States when I was four years old. Since then, I feel I have been in a constant state of travel. I grew up in the United States, the Philippines and in China.  I return home to the Philippines 3-4 times per year (every chance I get :-)), and travel around the region. I love to write about my experiences travelling, and my reflections. Click The Adventures of Kokoy - A Travel Guide if you are interested in reading about some of the places I have been.

What I most love about travelling is learning how people in different parts of the world live their day-to-day lives, and how different we all are and yet have so much in common. I love being a Local Guide because I get to help others and share my reflections and experiences. (As of right now, I have written over 1000 reviews which have been viewed almost 696,000 times, uploaded over 49,000 photos with over 9.3 million views.)

Fishing boat at sunset over Lake Taal, Batangas, Philippines, July 2016 (Photo by Local Guide Kokoy Severino)Fishing boat at sunset over Lake Taal, Batangas, Philippines, July 2016 (Photo by Local Guide Kokoy Severino)

St. Paul Church Ruins, Macau, July 2015 (Photo by Local Guide Kokoy Severino)St. Paul Church Ruins, Macau, July 2015 (Photo by Local Guide Kokoy Severino)

Renshougong Temple, Taoyuan, Taiwan, December 2017 (Photo by Local Guide Kokoy Severino)Renshougong Temple, Taoyuan, Taiwan, December 2017 (Photo by Local Guide Kokoy Severino)Yong-Gungsa Temple, Incheon, South Korea, January 2016 (Photo by Local Guide Kokoy Severino)Yong-Gungsa Temple, Incheon, South Korea, January 2016 (Photo by Local Guide Kokoy Severino)Court Hill Ganesh Temple, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, December 2014 (Photo by Local Guide Kokoy Severino)Court Hill Ganesh Temple, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, December 2014 (Photo by Local Guide Kokoy Severino)

Relaxing by the world's longest ceramic mosaic mural, Hanoi, Vietnam, November 2014 (Photo by Local Guide Kokoy Severino)Relaxing by the world's longest ceramic mosaic mural, Hanoi, Vietnam, November 2014 (Photo by Local Guide Kokoy Severino)Fire-twirler on White Beach, Puerto Galera, Mindoro Oriental, Philippines, December 2012 (Photo by Local Guide Kokoy Severino)Fire-twirler on White Beach, Puerto Galera, Mindoro Oriental, Philippines, December 2012 (Photo by Local Guide Kokoy Severino)

Local Guide Kokoy Severino island-hopping with his love in El Nido, Palawan, Philippines, July 2015 (Photo by the bangka pilot)Local Guide Kokoy Severino island-hopping with his love in El Nido, Palawan, Philippines, July 2015 (Photo by the bangka pilot)

Local Guide Kokoy Severino hiking in Yellow Mountain, Anhui, China, October 1986 (Photo by S. Sekhon)Local Guide Kokoy Severino hiking in Yellow Mountain, Anhui, China, October 1986 (Photo by S. Sekhon)

Life is not a journey, but a pilgrimage... The Adventures of Kokoy - A Travel Guide
Level 10

Re: Introduce Yourself- January 2019

Name: Jaroslav

What I love about being a Local Guide: to share my experiences and to meet people with the same interests as I do

22104468_10212521589586760_324561552062564079_o.jpg

My favorite thing to explore: I follow car shows, airshows, various fairs, ... 

48389485_10215795561634015_4692338782622449664_n.jpg

Fun Fact about me: I have upload 91.155 pictures to Google Maps and I have 27.663.742 views. I've collected so far 486.290 points (Local Google Guide - level 10)...

20229720_10211967063123945_5776348261244354271_o.jpg

Jaroslav Madacki
Level 10

Re: HELLO WORLD

Hi, I just posted on this introducing myself, but my post seems to have disappeared. What would be the reason it was taken out?

Life is not a journey, but a pilgrimage... The Adventures of Kokoy - A Travel Guide
Level 9

Re: Muslim

Hello @adithagantar !
We know Mecca is a beautiful city. Please share some details along with pictures to better explain the purpose &  benefit to the community 🙂
Have a great day 

Cheers

Level 10

Is there a reason why my post has disappeared? I posted it under AdventuresofKokoy. I changed my user name after my post disappeared.

Connect Moderator

Re: Muslim

Hola @adithagantar, bien venido a connect y Feliz año nuevo, voy a mover su post a Preséntate, asi nos cuentas un poco mas sobre ti.

Saludos Farid.

Former Google Contributor

Hi @JaydipJD,

Welcome to Connect. We are glad to have you here.

Since you're new to the community, you might want to share a bit about yourself and get to know others in the current topic.

Just for your information, when you post on Connect, you should choose at least one topic. Think about which topic best describes what your post is about. If it falls under multiple topics, you can add them in under Additional topics at the bottom of the page. Organizing posts by popular topics will help people more easily discover the posts they care about. In What makes a good post article you'll find some great tips that will help you get started.

Remember to always uphold The 5 Core Values of Connect. It is also important to get familiar with the Local Guides Rules.

See you around!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Former Google Contributor

Re: Hello

Hello @KokoySeverino,

Welcome to Connect!

I have just released your post from the Spam Filters. I would like to apologize for your post being marked as spam. Our filters run 24/7 and they can be a little harsh at times.

You can visit this article to learn more - Why was my Connect post marked as spam?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 7

Name: Juned

What I love about being a Local Guide: I love capturing new place in digital format and letting the world know the places. When i started posting and giving review to places and things. I continually started giving for everything and everywhere i visit. Belonging to such a beautiful cultural India. I can't stop myself from clicking wonderful pictures.My Local guide journey has just started for me.

My favorite thing to explore: One of the favorite thing to exploring is new adventure, new culture and new people which i am not aware. Visiting new place is adventurous but capturing that part in ur gallery and bringing that thing to world is another kind of happiness.

5. Fun fact about me: As i grew up i found two things in myself, photography and travelling.
As a child i used to be nervous while travelling and my mom never use to leave me alone. Now I am older I grew up with a hobby of traveling and i travel in my free time.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE