MashaPS's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Introduce Yourself - January 2019

Hello everyone! Welcome to Local Guides Connect. Please take a moment to introduce yourself to our community.

As “Introduce Yourself” threads can be lengthy, we start a new one each month and lock past threads. You can check past threads, like December's, to see who recently joined and where they’re from (simply search for "Introduce Yourself"). If you're new, please use this thread to post your “I'm new” or “Hello world” posts. We’ll merge any posts we find elsewhere with this thread to keep things organized.

It’s a pleasure for me to start this year’s Introduce Yourself topics.

Caption: A photo of Local Guide MashaPS watching the Tiber River in Rome, Italy, with a Castle St. Angelo in a background. (V. Spasov)Caption: A photo of Local Guide MashaPS watching the Tiber River in Rome, Italy, with a Castle St. Angelo in a background. (V. Spasov)

• Name: Maria
  • What I love about being a Local Guide: Since I joined the Local Guides program, I am impressed with how people here are keen on helping each other. When I am choosing a new place to visit, I prefer to read reviews written by Local Guides from all around the world. Also, I am trying to be as useful to other Local Guides, by sharing my opinions and photos, as they were for me.
  • My favorite thing to explore: I love to travel a lot. Before each trip, I always explore the place on Google Maps. I am doing this so closely and carefully, that when I finally arrive at the place itself, it seems to me like I’ve already been there. With two little kids, it is a little bit harder to travel as freely and impulsively as I'd love. But when I have a chance to explore new places, I prefer doing this as a local. 
  • Fun Fact about me: People who know me are aware that I am a coffee fan. I simply love good coffee. That is why when I travel, one of the first things I do is search and try the local coffee drinks.  

Caption: Sunset above Stadio Olimpico, Rome, Italy (Local Guide MashaPS)Caption: Sunset above Stadio Olimpico, Rome, Italy (Local Guide MashaPS)

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
448 comments
Level 6

I Love Nature Of Beauty

Hii....

Guys...

I Am Gadiga Daya..

I Am interested in photography..

Too share my feelings those pic..!!!

Level 7

Description de mi perfil

Hola soy Nuevo 

Mi nombre es Julián soy de Medellín colombia  una gran  ciudad para vivir y para el turismo espero aportar mucho a todos ustedes 

QUE ME GUSTA HACER: me gusta conocer explorar distintos lugares me gusta la fotografía y viajar 

FORMA DE SER : me gusta ayudar a los demás y si desean venir a Medellín colombia aquí tienen un amigo que los guiará y ayudará en lo que necesiten 

DATOS: soy local guides nivel 6 

Me Gusta aportar mucho en Google maps

Level 5

Introduce Myself ( Jahid- From Bangladesh)

Hi All,

I am Jahid from Chittagong,. Bangladesh, Local guide level 5. 

I like to travel in new place , want to learn more and more....

I like to help others in any option, 

Like to donate blood at any urgency.

thanks

jahidWe....We....

Level 1

About TU-K

Hi, I'm. New here

Connect Moderator

Re: About TU-K

Hello @DapperThePoet

Welcome to local guides connect.

KariBu 😊

If you are new here and If you are interested in finding more ways how you can make your photo posts more engaging, in this good topic What makes a good post ? you'll find everything you need to know.

In addition, since you're new to the community, you might want to share a bit about yourself and get to know others in our monthly Introduce yourself November. You can also read these Tips : Using local Guides Connect

I hope you find this information useful. And when ever you need any further help, you can Pm me.

Thank you. 

#letsguide

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Gems Of the World - A Connect Travel Post Challenge

Level 7

I'm New

I am Carol Lakay and I hail from Stellenbosch, Cape Town, South Africa.

Currently on a two-month vacation in New York, moved to Mastic, Long Island three weeks back, after spending exactly three weeks in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn, New York.  

Today I was in Manhattan, at Central Park specifically and it rained cats and dogs! I was in my element as I got some good rainy shots. I love taking pictures (not a photographer per se but loves the hobby.)  I wish I could do it for a living though! I love nature pictures.

It just so happens that I discovered this platform today and would love to become part of it. If I could meet up with anybody in this region (Suffolk County, Manhattan or Bay Ridge, Brooklyn) I would be honored as I have less than three weeks left in New York! I will continue to co-contribute to Local Guides on my arrival back in the home as this bug has now bitten me! 

I live in one of the most famous towns in South Africa (Stellenbosch, a university town and also the second oldest town in South Arica!) Truly a picturesque little village, not to mention the amazing Cape Town region.

Looking forward to connecting with like-minded individuals.

Happy Holidays!

Carol 

Level 9

Introduce Yourself - January 2019. Accra, Ghana

Meet Selorm Onray from Accra, Ghana

Hello! and a Happy New Year to Everyone.

Let us please take a moment to Introduce Yourself to our Community.

As “Introduce Yourself” threads can be lengthy, we start a new one each month and lock past threads. You can check past threads, like December’s, to see who recently joined and where they’re from (simply search for "Introduce Yourself"). If you're new, please use this thread to post your “I'm new” or “Hello world” posts. We’ll merge any posts we find elsewhere with this thread to keep things organized.

I will begin

1. I am Selorm Ahorlu aka selormonray and I live in Ashaiman a suburb in Accra Ghana.IMG_6381.jpg

1. I love being a Local Guide because, I simply enjoy taking and uploading photos, sharing information about places I have been to on the Maps, to help people have an idea about the place before they actually visit.
  2. I volunteered and organized a breakout session during Barcamp Tema (2016) and Barcamp Sunyani

(2017) on how to use Maps.
  3. Fun fact, I love eating a lot, I also love taking photographs of anything interesting I see, so I always have my phone by myside so I don’t miss any event.FormatFactoryIMG_20180928_145048.jpg

Twitter | Instagram |My Contributions

We enter into this world with one focus, to be successful, many failed trying, but those who make it always set a goal and see every obstacle as nothing but a hurdle.

Level 6

مشاركة جيده جدا

عمل الحبويات (بقلاوة )عمل الحبويات (بقلاوة )

Happy New YearHappy New Year

Connect Moderator

Re: Introduce Yourself - January 2019

Akwaaba @selormOnray happy to meet a Ghana Local Guide here. I believe you will have a great experience on Connect Forum.

I visited Ghana regularly a few years ago, although within Accra and it has become my second country. Of course Circle and Labardi were my favourite places. 

We are looking forward to seeing photos and posts from the Gold Coast.

Cheers

Emeka