BruceDM's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Introduce Yourself - January 2018

Hi everyone and Happy New Year! Welcome to Local Guides Connect. Please take a moment to introduce yourself to our community.

As “Introduce Yourself” threads can be lengthy, we start a new one each month and lock past threads. You can check past threads, like December’s, to see who recently joined and where they’re from (simply search for "Introduce Yourself"). If you're new, please use this thread to post your “I'm new” or “Hello world” posts. We’ll merge any posts we find elsewhere with this thread to keep things organized.

Here’s a bit about me

1. Name: Bruce
  2. Location: New York City
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: Being a Local Guide is like paying it forward. For me, it’s almost second nature to read reviews or look up photos about a place i’m interested in.  Local Guides are the best contributors to Google Maps and I love sharing my adventures as much as I like reading about yours!
  4. My favorite thing to explore: The World!  We’re all in this together and I love learning about new people, customs and overall lifestyles from everybody I can. Seeing some insights into your lives on Connect is really cool!
  5. Fun Fact about me: I’m a big cat lover and occasional cat rescuer 🙂

Santa Catalina Monastery - Arequipa, PeruSanta Catalina Monastery - Arequipa, Peru

I am not available to respond on the weekend
706 comments
Level 6

Introduction : Hamdan from Malaysia

Hello all. I am Hamdan from Malaysia. I love to travel around Malaysia and overseas

If anybody have any questions about Malaysia, please ask. I would love to share my knowledge with all of u

Level 9

Re: Introduction

Hello my dear @arakhecha we are happy to have you here from India .

well nice introduction.

My dear you are new here so plz check before posting for a correct board.

Be sure to explore the many sections of the site and check out the conversations happening among our Local Guides. 

Tips for getting started:

This section of the site has some good tips on how to use the community and interact with your fellow Local Guides. 

• Search the community before posting as others may have asked your question (and received an answer) already. 
  • Use a descriptive title for your post to make it easier for people to know whether they should open it. 
  • Use the Location field to geotag your post to a specific place, but make sure its important to the content of the post.  
  • Don't share personal information on the forums, check out the private messaging option instead. 
  • This area has helpful more information about the Local Guides program in case you have more questions. 
  • By following Jaipur local guides you can find local guides near you.

Many thanks and have fun with other local guides. 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Connect Moderator

Nice introduction @arakhecha

Welcome to Local guide connect community

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 10

welcome @arakhecha , have a great time ,learning and sharing knowledge and beautiful moments in connect.

Level 7

Gaurav singh

Hay my name is gaurav singh(CSC20171220_231811_Image.jpg

Gaurav sing
Level 8

Re: Gaurav singh

Hello @Everyone_access_v, Welcome to Local Guides Community. Since your are new to Connect. You can introduce or describe yourself here so that other may get a chance to know about you. I wanna share you some tips which will be very helpful for you

Here are a few tips for using the community:

• Before start an discussion in localguidesconnect at first Search the community if your discussion related question is already asked. May be someone has had the same issue, same question, same request or same suggestion. So, it's can stop making duplicate discussion.
  • Share posts that are relevant to Google Maps, Local Guides and exploring your world.
  • Use a descriptive title for your post. Make it easy for everyone to see what it is you want to talk about. Make sure your post is in the right section of the community as well.
  • Be kind, patient, and understanding. Help us make Local Guides Connect a friendly and helpful place to be.
  • Protect the privacy of yourself and others. Don't post personal information (your's or other's) publicly. There is a private messaging system in place which you can disable if you don't want others to be able to contact you.
  • Don't use this community as a platform to sell your products, services, or rental properties on the moon.
  • Give out kudos for great content, mark replies as "Accept Solutions" if your question was answered. It helps others find great content and highlights the most helpful Local Guides
  • You can also connect with Local Guides on Google+, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube!
Level 8

Hi! My name is Nadia. I m from Brazil but I have been in United States for a long time.

I live in Boca Raton,FL.Is anyone around me?please let me know. 👍👍

Level 1

Dimple

AshikAshik

Level 10

Re: Hi! My name is Nadia. I m from Brazil but I have been in United States for a long time.

Hi @Nadiadossantos Welcome to Connect! If you're new to Local Guides, you can learn more about making contributions to Google Maps to earn your badge within Google Maps by visiting the "Getting Started" section for helpful information. If you're interested in earnings badges here on Local Guides Connect, just keep posting interesting content and interacting with others as badges within Connect are tied to your activity in Connect (as well as within other areas of the Local Guides program).

Please read this post for tips on posting and interacting with the community. 🙂