Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Re: Introduce Yourself - January 2017

Hi Everyone !

IMG_20161207_123156.jpg

1. Name: Cuong
  2. Location:  Ho Chi Minh, Viet Nam
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: Tôi muốn gặp gỡ mọi người và được đi khắp nơi trên thế giới
  4. I love to share: Tôi thích chia sẻ hình ảnh và clip về những chuyến đi của tôi 
  5. Rất vui được quen biết với các bạn !

Level 5

I'm Alan. I live in Houghton Regis. Used Google Maps to map my town.

Level 1

Reoduce Yourself - January 2017

I'm still  confusing use this

Level 8

Re: Reoduce Yourself - January 2017

Hi @lugiy Welcome to Local Guides Connect. Please read how to look contribution.

Level 8

Re: Reoduce Yourself - January 2017

Can you be more specific about how can we help you ?

What do you not understand ?

Please feel free to ask.

@lugiy wrote:

I'm still  confusing use this

Anonymous
Not applicable

Greetings from small town of Ukmergė

1. Name: Evaldas Antrasis (second)
    2. Location: Ukmergė, Lithuania
    3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: Still learning it, reading it, exploring. This program already does me to stop at the places I usually do not. Visit the empty spots on the map. I will do some little texts, photos, for myself, but I hope it will help you too see the World around me. Even it is somewhere deep into countryside of Lithuania. 
    4. I love to share: . Photos. Short remarks and ideas. 
    5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I got invitation by the program.

Evaldas secondEvaldas secondFun Fact About Me: I have one dog, extremely hyperactive. Does not let me sit, moves me out. As well started learning new language, just for fun. Spanish. Quero hablar español. No practical point, just opening some new world. 

Level 2

I am in Yangzhou,Jiangsu.

Maybe the only one in Jiangsu to better gmaps 🐶

总之各位新年快乐咯

@CorrieD wrote:

As "Introduce Yourself" threads get quite long, we start new ones regularly and lock the old ones. Be sure to check the old threads to see who already joined and where they are from (simply search "Introduce Yourself"). If you're new, please use this thread to post your "I'm new" or "Hello world" posts. We will move any we find into here to keep the site organized. 

IMG_3489.JPG

I will get us started:

1. Name: Corrie
  2. Location: New York, USA (tag your location in the location field below)
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love that no matter where I am in the world, I can open Google Maps and get great recommendations from people who's opinions I trust. I can also meet up with wonderful people who I have met through this truly global program 🙂
  4. I love to share: I love to share photos! Seeing how many views they get and knowing how many people they help (and the businesses too!) makes me want to keep sharing. 
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I work on the team and helped create it 🙂 
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I have two dogs, Benny and Joon, who I love to travel around with or just curl up and watch movies with. If you want to see lots of pictures of them, you can find them on Instagram with the hashtag #joonandbenny.

Level 7

• Name:20170108_1a.jpg

Steve  (@stevepucci on IG & TWT, @sbpucci on FB)
  • What do I love about being a Local Guide:  It feels good to be a part of this big team of contributors, helping others.  I enjoy the fact that I can contribute and help other people with information that is helpful.  I love posting photos from new places as much as possible. I am proud of the area I am from, and love sharing my perspective with tourists and locals alike.
  • I love to share:  I love to post photos! It is amazing how many views get added every day! 
  • How did I hear about Local Guides:  I found out about it through Google Maps.
  • Fun Fact About Me:  I am a techie, gadget geek, and love all things electronics. A foodie that loves to try new restaurants, cuisines, and different foods everywhere and as often as possible!  Lover of music and the outdoors... especially the mountains (Lake Tahoe and Yosemite) and the great California beaches. 😄 
Level 3

1. Name: Dorje
  2. Location: Lyttelton, New Zealand
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: Being a local guide gives me a chance to contribute to a service that has made my life easier since 2005. It also gives me a chance to geek out with maps (which I've always been interested in).
  4. I love to share: Information about sights and businesses that aren't on the map yet. Even in my own village there were hundreds of locations with no listing when I started.  
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I got an invite to Local Guides because I've been creating and sharing maps from my google account for many years.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: We discovered that the directions voice for Google maps can change. In October 2013 we were driving around Bharain for a few weeks and half way through our trip the Google directions voice changed from being a woman to that of a man.

Level 2

Hi Guys!!

New to this......

Help me out?