Corrie's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 2

Re: Introduce Yourself - January 2017

Hi Everyone,

I'm from Yangon, Myanmar. Wondering anyone knows or from Myanmar?

Here I posted a photo of World famous Bagan, Myanmar. 

Highlights-of-Myanmar-Asia-5.jpg

Photo credit to http://www.abercrombiekent.co.uk/burma/

Level 5

Introduce myself.

Happy New Year !

I ' m Doh ( Saw Doh Soe Win ) , from Kalaw , Myanmar ( Burma ) .

I work as trekking guide , especially trip to Inle lake .

I ' m trying to search new destination , new route .

And I like to share places who did'n know , show some pictures and 

explain something about it .

If someone want to know about our region , warmly welcome to answer.  Thanks , Doh.

Level 4

Re: Almaty

Мне до 5-го 168 баллов осталось 🙂

Level 7

Bls: Introduce Yourself - January 2017

My name is Ridwan Harris and I'm fairly new to the Guides, though I'm almost to Level 4. I live in Medan, North of Sumatera, Indonesia. I'm on the Education and I'm very glad to be able to contribute something more to my community other than beer and good. So, thank you. If there is anyone else in the Medan area that has a community I've not been able to locate you so please message me and let me know how I can go about linking up. I really want to do some meet ups.

Level 3

Wayne Ball, introducing myself

I live in Lexington, SC. I like to share about places I have been so others can have a heads up about what they may find. The service, value, pricing. 

It's difficult to find really good food here. All of the "standard stuff " is around but I am on the lookout for the really good places.

Level 8

New Intro - January 2017

1. Name: India
  2. Fun as Local Guide: Connecting with guides, sharing stories, hiking and experiencing natural beauty all around us laughter and great local cuisine.
  3. Fun stuff: Stories, knowledge and photos of the many adventures around the world with friends, educators and colleagues.
  4. On Local Guides: Started uploading photos and by accident I learned about this program and was made a guide. Thanks Google!IMG_7128.JPG
  5. Secret/Not Secret Photo Site: https://www.instagram.com/indiainoc/  #indiainoc

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/cmxpv89733/board/message?board.id=LGDiscussion&message.id=142358#M142358
Level 7

Introduce Yourself - January 2017

Hi Everyone,

I am so new to the Local Guide Community that I do not even have 24 hours in the program.  I thought I was just sharing a couple pictures from a trip i took a while back with the kids and before I knew it....well anyway.  This kind of program is right up my alley.  Not only do I love to take pictures but, I also like correcting things, just ask my kids.  

1. Name: Tony
  2. Location: Phoenix, Arizona, USA
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I do not have enough time under my belt to comment on my love for being a newly (and apparently self) appointed Local Guide. But, I do know that I have always had a very high sense of adventure.  I grew up as an Air Force Brat and we often relocated to new places and countries.  Traveling and education have enabled me to hone my love for people and culture.  The level of my appreciation for all of our brothers and sisters never ceases to amaze even me.
  4. I love to share: I too love to share my experiences with others and I have recently realized a renewed passion for photography (I am fairly certain it comes with age. HAHA.)  
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I was just surfing along on the good ole "Interweb" while minding my own business and there was an opportunity for me to share a photo taken on a vacation.  I decided what the heck and uploaded the photo and answered a few questions about some location information from my local area.  So, I guess you could say that I was scouted by a Bot. 🙂
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I am a single parent to 3 kids that I adopted in 2010.  They were neighbors of mine and their Mother asked me if I would mind watching the kids for a month in the summer while she attended a rehab facility. Well, to make a very long story shorter..she failed to go to rehab.  While she was supposed to be getting help for her substance abuse problem, she apparently helped an undercover police officer find an illegal substance and was subsequently locked in the county jail. She was convicted of a felony charge and sent to prison and I was in turn charged with raising 3 children for eternity and beyond. It has been quite a journey for which I would not trade a moment.  I also am a proud owner of 2 Boxers, a 3 year old female (Savannah) and a 3 year old male (Hercules).  Those 2 never cease to amaze us and keep us in laughter with the quirky personalities.  If you have ever seen Boxers and kids interact you know why I have fallen head over heals for the breed.  I like our moderator, also post a lot of pictures of the dogs on Instagram which are view able on Instagram with the hashtag of #SavannahAndHercules.  [Corrie D] Thank you for the opportunity to post this message and introduce myself to the group.  I will definitely be checking out your hashtag.  
  7. @CorrieD wrote:

As "Introduce Yourself" threads get quite long, we start new ones regularly and lock the old ones. Be sure to check the old threads to see who already joined and where they are from (simply search "Introduce Yourself"). If you're new, please use this thread to post your "I'm new" or "Hello world" posts. We will move any we find into here to keep the site organized. 

I am on right. Kids up front and my buddy on left.I am on right. Kids up front and my buddy on left.Savannah (The pillow) and HerculesSavannah (The pillow) and Hercules

Level 5

Name: Reese
What do I love about being a Local Guide: Learning new technology
I love to share: my opinions and tips
How did I hear about Local Guides: Randomly by accident
Fun Fact About Me: I can touch my nose with my tongue

Level 7

Hello everyone,

My name is Angela. I live in Lisbon and I work in the U.K., London most of the time.

I have a motorbike so I get to travel a lot on my free time. 

I haven't met any local guide yet, but I do hope to in the future. 🙂

Level 7

LOL!  That is a fun fact.