Level 8

Re: Introduce Yourself - January 2017

Hi Corrie! Thanks for the intro guide. This format makes it easy. 😉

Hi Everyone,

Here's an intro from me:

CuberdonCuberdon

• Name: Allison
  • What do I love about being a Local Guide: 

1) I have a passion for maps. I love the immediacy of the sharing in the Google Maps app, the ability to put markers where they should be (close to entrances, where people can access a store or restaurant, versus in a street or parking lot).  

2) I love pointing out great places to my friends, adore culture, and this provides a global forum for sharing and learning from others!

3) Supporting local, small businesses is so worthwhile, and I hope this program helps the gems out there become more visible.

• I love to share: I'm a foodie and photographer who loves to take and share un-Photoshopped images of great plates served in restaurants - or from festivals and food trucks.

• How did I hear about Local Guides: I received an invite from Google and it sounded intriguing.

• Fun Fact About Me: I am a big Disney fan. Have spent lots of time at Disneyland. I've been to 3 of the Disney parks (Disneyland, Disney World, Disneyland Paris) and look forward to seeing the others in the coming years.

IMG_0792.JPG

Level 2

Hey... my name is Duane in Germany. .I love to go out and check out new places. I love to give people real and honest opinions about where I have been

Level 1

Local guide in Reno NV

Hi All,

I just became a local guide in Reno, NV. My interests are food, dining-out, outdoor recreation, rock music, science & technology, yoga & meditation. I look forward to connecting with other guides as well as with interested folks!

Cheers

Francesco

Not applicable

Hi

I'm Drame from Mopti in Mali. I live one of the best tourist town of my country and I want to be useful for people who like visited my wonderful town. Near the mosque of Djenne and Bandiagara, I wanted to promote Mopti by being a local guide.

@DuaneD wrote:

Hey... my name is Duane in Germany. .I love to go out and check out new places. I love to give people real and honest opinions about where I have been

@CorrieD wrote:

As "Introduce Yourself" threads get quite long, we start new ones regularly and lock the old ones. Be sure to check the old threads to see who already joined and where they are from (simply search "Introduce Yourself"). If you're new, please use this thread to post your "I'm new" or "Hello world" posts. We will move any we find into here to keep the site organized. 

IMG_3489.JPG

I will get us started:

1. Name: Corrie
  2. Location: New York, USA (tag your location in the location field below)
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love that no matter where I am in the world, I can open Google Maps and get great recommendations from people who's opinions I trust. I can also meet up with wonderful people who I have met through this truly global program 🙂
  4. I love to share: I love to share photos! Seeing how many views they get and knowing how many people they help (and the businesses too!) makes me want to keep sharing. 
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I work on the team and helped create it 🙂 
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I have two dogs, Benny and Joon, who I love to travel around with or just curl up and watch movies with. If you want to see lots of pictures of them, you can find them on Instagram with the hashtag #joonandbenny.

Level 4

1. Name: Rob Herbert (@RobHerbertDrums on social media)
  2. Location: Orlando, FL, USA
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I am fortunate to travel a lot in the music business, and love to share my pictures with others, and get info about the BEST things to see and do wherever I am.  It's been a really fun addition to my travels!  I look forward to collaborating with some of you 🙂
  4. I love to share: Photos....particularly 360 photos.  It's such a fun new technology, and I'm hoping to add it as a side business in the future, creating tours and promo pictures for businesses or real estate properties. It's a fun hobby too!
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides:  From my talented buddy Bob Carilli (bobcar on Google)
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I'm a freelance drummer and tour with different acts around the country and the world.  And I when I travel, I seek out rooftop or mountaintop views...you'll see plenty of those in 360 view if you check out my photos!

@CorrieD wrote:

As "Introduce Yourself" threads get quite long, we start new ones regularly and lock the old ones. Be sure to check the old threads to see who already joined and where they are from (simply search "Introduce Yourself"). If you're new, please use this thread to post your "I'm new" or "Hello world" posts. We will move any we find into here to keep the site organized. 

IMG_3489.JPG

I will get us started:

1. Name: Corrie
    2. Location: New York, USA (tag your location in the location field below)
    3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love that no matter where I am in the world, I can open Google Maps and get great recommendations from people who's opinions I trust. I can also meet up with wonderful people who I have met through this truly global program 🙂
    4. I love to share: I love to share photos! Seeing how many views they get and knowing how many people they help (and the businesses too!) makes me want to keep sharing. 
    5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I work on the team and helped create it 🙂 
    6. Fun Fact About Me: I have two dogs, Benny and Joon, who I love to travel around with or just curl up and watch movies with. If you want to see lots of pictures of them, you can find them on Instagram with the hashtag #joonandbenny.

Level 7

hello @Corrie @TraciC  and all amazing local guides.its Farhana Rupa from Dhaka,Bangladesh and I am doing my BSC. in TEXTILES, homec,University of DHAKA.. It's an honour that I've got the chance to work as a local guide 😍😍😍😍 and my team mates are the best one specially @MahabubMunna and @ShahedF ☺☺☺☺☺ I love to help others and working as an education wing admin and case instructor at HELP AID foundation, Bangladesh.. recently have started new event business named 'KERN event sotution' as I always arrange wedding or technical event...love to do make-up,singing,dancing, one of the most favourite task is to host or anchor a live programs  😇😇😇😇last but not the least I am a good cook... Though I am too much lazy in doing any kind of work, but I will try my level best to give my highest shot as a local guide... keep me in your prayer... Lots of love ❤

IMG_20160623_203015.jpg

Level 10

@Farhana_Rupa thank you Rupa 

Mahabub Hasan
Level 7

You are welcome vaia 🙂 @MahabubMunna

Connect Moderator

Hi @Corrie Greetings from me .... 

Name: Md Shafiul Bashar

Location: Live in Dhaka, Bangladesh. (From Comilla, Bangladesh.)

What do I love about being a Local Guide: Guiding on maps is my best hobby because its use my lazy time for help other. I love to see on maps whats other local guides say and wahts about other  places configuration. Being a local guides I have the chance to share my experience globally or learn by seeing other experience on Local guides Connect Community. I can also update my area mapping by using only Google maps.  Wow!!!!

I love to share: I love to share my Photographs on maps . Make me proud when I see my photo view counts , its helps other people to know many unseen places Globally. So when I visit any place don’t miss the chance to collect this area photographs.

How did I hear about Local Guides: When I started to make contribution on maps I have received a notification to be a local guides. Then I know about Local guides Program

Fun Fact About Me: Meeting with many friends or traveling unseen places is very interesting for me. So when I make any meet up for Introducing my Community or local guides, I feel very fun or pleasure.

Level 3

Hello people,  this is Sabria Azad Disha from Bangladesh and I am a student of hons' third year, Dept.  Of food  &  nutrition in college of home economics, University of Dhaka. I love travelling and love to take pictures.Im honest, dedicated & passionate about my future.. It would be an honor working as local guides. As I am a new comer hope to have a great guidelines from the senior ☺☺☺☺ wish me luck 😊

IMG_20161210_182327.jpg