Re: Introduce Yourself - January 2017

What's fun? 🙂

@TONYM wrote:

LOL!  That is a fun fact.

Level 2

Hi, name's Marvin,

I'm from Zambia/Serenje,

I love meeting new places in the world to know the story about the place,  I can also meet up with wonderful people who I have met through this truly global program 🙂

the fun part of me is that I crazy about something newMe at quzhouMe at quzhou

Level 2

Name: Ricky Jones

What do I love about being a Local Guide: I'm Infrastructure Technician and a Photographer. I"m also love social media, and I'm foodie, I love to eat great food.  

I love to share: I've been a photographer for over 25 years, and I love wildlife, nature and landscape photography. 

How did I hear about Local Guides: I learned about Local Guide through the Google Local Guides. They mention it in one of their emails. 

Fun Fact About Me: I have 4 cat's all named after famous Jones. Quincy, Noah, Martha and Grace.   

You can find me on Instagram at Instagram or Twitter at Twitter or Facebook at Facebook

Ricky Profile.jpg

Level 8

Hi Bob,

Congrats on Level 4 (Yeah!). Great intro.

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/cmxpv89733/board/message?board.id=LGDiscussion&message.id=142358#M142358
Level 8

Nice to meet you Mr. Jones, so if you have 4 cats does that make it a "Cat Pack?" Congrats on Level 2!

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/cmxpv89733/board/message?board.id=LGDiscussion&message.id=142358#M142358
Level 7

Sorry.  I commented on the incorrect post.  I'm new so...lol

Level 8

Re: Introduce Yourself - January 2017 (Hi Tony)

Hi Tony,

No worries, congrats on Level 2!

India

@TONYM wrote:

Sorry.  I commented on the incorrect post.  I'm new so...lol

Level 7

Thank you IndiaC,  I am really enjoying this LG thing.  I have a lot to learn but the threads have been super helpful.  I have an issue of delving in to deeply on new projects.  Hope that I can control it.  I wonder if the dogs and kids will ever see me again.  Or will I be on maps updating....lol

Level 8

@TONYM wrote:

Thank you IndiaC,  I am really enjoying this LG thing.  I have a lot to learn but the threads have been super helpful.  I have an issue of delving in to deeply on new projects.  Hope that I can control it.  I wonder if the dogs and kids will ever see me again.  Or will I be on maps updating....lol

Thanks for the response. Wonderful to have you @TonyMonday56. Maps and features are a great way to collaborate and also learn about our communities and cool guides. Focus is good. 2017 will be a great year for use "Local Guides."

Level 3

LaFaun here,

How did I get started as a Local Guide? There was a meet up at a club in St. Louis when I Google Mapped it indicated that the club was permanently closed. I called the club and the bartender explained that they had not closed and a disgruntled former employee had reported them closed. I attended the meet up and was impressed by the friendly staff at the club and decided to try and correct the error in Google Maps. I sent a message explaining the circumstances, someone from Google replied that they would attempt to verify my correction and update Maps if they were able. 

Maps was updated and the club was most grateful. Shorty after I received an invite from Maps. 

I get a kick out of giving a boost to worthy businesses and helping others who depend on Google Maps as I do. I assist building owners after storm events to file a claim with their insurance carrier and our company performs the restoration work. This job gives me an opportunity to travel to new neighborhoods on a regular basis. Having used most all brands of GPS's what a relief is was when I began using google maps on my phone, except when a phone call would come in while mapping. Today I have a dedicated notebook for Google Maps freeing my phone for...? Well phone calls of course. 

Hope to learn more about the you and other Local Guides.

LaFaun Hoggard