Corrie's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Introduce Yourself - January 2017

Name:Achref

What do I love about being a Local Guide: taking photos and share it with others

I love to share: many things with other guys like photos ... etc

How did I hear about Local Guides: i begin to work alone but i try to be in group

Fun Fact About Me: I have two dogs, Laika and Bepsi, who I spend lovely time with him .. also i try to spend may free-time on chatting and do any thing on the net 

IMG_20161225_104014.jpg

Level 2

1. Name: Chris!
    2. Location: Austin, TX (as of 2 months ago)
    3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: it definitely adds depth to any trip to share perspective and experiences. Plus it's great feedback for business owners and the like for a kudos or opportunities to improve 😉
    4. I love to share: not much honestly so this platform has been a great way to break out of that. I'm typically a home body but sharing adds value to getting up and getting out
    5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I was spammed heavily via email, ha I kid I kid, I really don't remember.
    6. Fun Fact About Me: I work with a giant online travel company so I get to visit places I never thought I would. My friends are definitely jelly (that's still a cool word, right) 😕 also I love my tiny dog way too much and treat him as if he were an actual human baby sometimes. Don't judge me.

IMG_20161116_222223.jpg

IMG_20170113_155809.jpg

Level 2

Re: Im new in local guide

Hey welcome to local guides. Just like you many of us love to take pictures mostly everywhere we go. Be safe and have fun.

Level 3

12646876_10208936938923779_2974350753961305170_o.jpgWell, hi! I'm Nicholas. I recently became a level 3 local guide and decided to join this site after receiving an email about it. Seems good. Most of my content is for the state of Victoria (Australia), and mostly for places that students or low-income people would go. I used to use Yelp a lot a couple of years ago (was Yelp Elite) and my tagline on my profile was "Yelping on a student budget", which always got a laugh out of people I met through there. Since Google's Local Guides thing came out, Yelp shut down its face-to-face events in Australia, so I kinda had no choice but to start using this. But it's not all doom and gloom. Google Maps is a pretty damned good bit of software to have for free, and in-turn I don't mind contributing to it for free. I hope to be able to meet other students or people just starting their careers who live in Melbourne or Geelong areas and go on foodie-nights together sometimes XD

Level 8
Level 8

Name:KUN-HUA
What do I love about being a Local Guide:我想把台灣美好的事物分享給大家。
I love to share:我喜歡拍照,我從2016年開始練習記錄生活,記錄生活中的一點一滴。
     ●拍照的時候同一個景,可以拍一張全景,一張近景。
     ●勇敢去嘗試不同的拍照手法。
     ●養成記錄的習慣,當我回過頭看的時候,已經累積不少文章。
     ●一開始不要想太多,想拍照就拍照,拍照是一件快樂的事情,不要搞得像工作一樣。
     ●寫文章跟拍照一定要玩得開心,不要變成一個工作
How did I hear about Local Guides:我收到了GOOGLE的邀請 @@
Fun Fact About Me:我的部落格Blogger  ,instagram

Level 7

1. Name: John
    2. Location: St. George, Utah
    3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I have really enjoyed what I learned from other local guides when I travel. I also really like to see when other people value my input with a thumbs-up-like. That way I know it has helped somebody to have a better day. I really like to share the sweet experiences I have while out and about. Hopefully the contributions support businesses and people trying hard to please their customers.
    4. I love to share: I too love to share photos! Seeing how many views they get and knowing how many people they help (and the businesses too!) makes me want to keep sharing. 
    5. How did I hear about Local Guides: From a local friend, who enjoys contributing almost as much as me!
    6. Fun Fact About Me: I have a wife, two kids and 2 pets. We get out often, and also enjoy our time at home together. We hope to cross paths in the near future.

20160924_174136.jpg

Level 9

1. Name: Ashok Babu Kandula
  2. Location: Hyderabad, India
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love it. It has helped me to wander across Belgium and France alone. Since the time, I started contributing it, I'm finding myself in each moment I had spent earlier. It gives me goosebumps when I recall those memories. Thank you Google 🙂
  4. I love to share: I love to share photos where ever I had been to! Getting more views for a click is like as cherry on the cake. 
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: While I was creating a business page for my B&W Family Salon, I got to know about it.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I love to travel and I have had a wish to visit at least 50 countries. 10% covered till now 😉 .IMG_8564.JPG
Level 4

Hi everyone! I'm happy to be a part of this community!

@Corrie, thanks for the easy format to follow! 

1. Name: Shane
  2. Location: Jacksonville, FL USA
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: It's awesome thinking that people benefit from the information I'm contributing by being a Local Guide. I really feel like I'm helping people. I know when I open Google Maps I expect the information to be accurate and as a Local Guide, I have the power to correct mistakes. 
  4. I love to share: I love to share the little treasures. That hole-in-the-wall bar in an old town. That trailhead in the middle of nowhere. That clear blue spring nesteled in the woods. Those little hidden gems are what I love to share. When someone says "I'm glad I found that on Google Maps" I get really happy. 😄
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: Google invited me to the Program and it sounded really cool. 
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I perform magic tricks. Check out some of my social media: @inshanemagic
Level 7

Name: John Moon alias Mas Wahyu Didik Location: Jakarta, Indonseia (#indonesia)What do I love about being a Local Guide: Whereever I am, I can open Google Map and get suggestion from people. I also has opportunity to give recommendation and information about such place and spot. Now, here, I see people around the world. I love to share: I like to share picture and know it help many people.  How did I hear about Local Guides: I got info about it from email

Fun Fact About Me: I love travelling. Using Google Map is one of my habits. Swimming is sport that I love to do. I love to do something new, visit new place and meet new people. I love visiting the spot, blogging, social sharing, and doing Youtube. Beside my activity as internet marketer and translator, I am blogger who also love to write fable stories.

P_20170101_083643_1.jpg

Level 7

Name: Matthew
What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love crowd-sourcing and sharing information with others for free. I find meaning in helping others.
I love to share: I love to share photos! Seeing how many views they get and knowing how many people they help (and the businesses too!) makes me want to keep sharing.
How did I hear about Local Guides: Just surfing around Google maps. 
Fun Fact About Me: I'm on a journey to hike all 50 states! Also, I'm also providing frugal travel advice and time-saving museum tips to convince anyone it is possible to do amazing things.